Home

Will EA ever fix Injured Reserve?

This is a discussion on Will EA ever fix Injured Reserve? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Will EA ever fix Injured Reserve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I've learned it over the years at MaddenMania.

Also - FYI - this isn't part of my job. But Phil and I both felt someone had to do it...the silence was deafening for those many years.
You're right; it was, and this is a huge step forward to have someone in these forums listening to us. The hardcore fanbase are the ones that are going to have the ideas that keep this game moving forward...as long as you guys implement it.

Now if we can just get an update on the DLC, I'll be as happy as a clam....

Thanks again.

Last edited by treq21; 10-09-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Because I don't want to tell you something is fixed until it is actually fixed. That's like my one "golden rule" on these forums is to not talk about something being done until I see it myself at 100% completion in the game. Otherwise it's super-easy to set myself up for major backlash if I say "Yeah, we fixed this" and for whatever reason it doesn't get addressed. Also, in your first post in this thread, you said things like "fix the injured reserve" and "fix challenges (so we can choose what is challenged)" and "fix OL/DL interaction as well as reciever/DB interaction"...those aren't really easy "fixes" per se...those actually have to be brand new features and changes.

I'm not referring to just this thread...I just went through your previous posts as examples:

(Not true - Microsoft determines this)

There's nothing wrong with it - it's your opinion - I'm just stating that you make it well known that you are unhappy, and my goal is to change your attitude about EA & Madden and to make you happy with the game again.
Laudable. Not that it matters, but I like you, Ian, and not in a gay way. I also really want to like Madden, so feel free to add me to your list of people you'd like to convince Madden's a good game . I'm sure you don't already have enough to do .

I rented but didn't buy, and I'm glad I did that. I loved seeing my Raiders in their real unis instead of the fake ones I have to create in APF, but that's about where it ended. I really want to enjoy Madden, but I'll keep playing APF until the basics are right (line play, physics that are realistic rather than the spin this way-spin that way stuff the tourney crowd likes, QBs who are capable of making bad throws and who complete upwards of 60% in a *good* season).

I think the game has a looong way to go, but I also think you're the guy that can do it. I'll look forward to hearing how 2010 is coming along, and I'll be making my rental next August.

Good luck with this year's work!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:09 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Ian so whats the chances we get something similar to LIVE DNA for madden next year
You are asking for/about something that you have to pay extra for after you buy the game 'used' in order for EA to collect. I was hoping no one would ask for this because I actually enjoy "Free" roster updates- even if you have to pay $40-50 for XBL - now if the DNA were simply free via XBox Live Gold (for after-market buyers/traders AND retail purchases, that would be cool.

(If you own a PS3 and get PSN for free, consider your longer waiting periods for patches and such paid for in "time without".)
Old 10-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #60
All Star

OVR: 33

How bout some love for the Passing game next year?
Old 10-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
How bout some love for the game itself next year?
Fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2008, 03:00 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

EA in years past said that IR was implemented the way it is was due to a memory limitation in the old gen consoles (this explanation was before the next gens were released). I guess they can't use that explanation anymore. Its too bad that agility does nothing in the game. I saw a video on youtube by that guy who rails on the game and says that the ratings should mean something. He says that agility only affects the ability to juke and the animations. He made a player with 0 agility and elusiveness and was turning on a dime. This really sucks for defensive players because agility does nothing for them because they don't even use the juke. At least agility worked in last gen and the PC for both offensive players and defensive players. I like the graphics of the next gen but they aren't that much better than a midrange PC with 16AA and 16AF. When I get around to it, I'll give next gen a try on my new 360 but I have a feeling I might go back to 08 on the PC or just play other games and wait for the next years madden.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:28 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just want to be more specific in that the question about why the IR worked the way it did was back in 04 in the PC forum and a programmer said it was a memory limitation of the PS2 and that carried over to the PC version because it used the same engine.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:37 PM   #64
Rookie

Since XBOX360 and PS3 have far more capabilities than consoles from years past. It should be a given having more memory and such. Thats why I don't understand how they haven't added Injured Reserve and Practice Squad?

If those 2 were implimented in next years Madden(future maddens), that would be awesome and we would have 100% accurate rosters for each weekly update, rather then having players released to free-agency or players being removed because of limited space on teams roster when someone happens to get hurt out for the season.

Thats one of the things I've been hoping for since Madden 2000 when I started getting into doing my own roster updates and creating players. Hope it makes it in sooner than later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »