Home

Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President

This is a discussion on Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2008, 07:49 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyPhillips
The higher ups only care about profits. They don't care if the game is flawed or if its even a good game. As long as they have exclusive rights they can put out a flawed game and people will purchase it. Madden has no reason to get any better because its the only NFL game so no matter what people will purchase it. Just look at Madden 09. The Game has glitches and flaws that made the game unplayable. They then release a patch that fixes nothing. Then they release another patch that allows a person to actually finish a season without freezing but still there are issues. The game from day 1 of its release should have been fully playable and there shouldn't have been a need for a patch to make a game work.

Alas, someone else finally "gets it"!! And this letter will do nothing to change any of this, especially since it appears to be very long-winded and poorly written.

Also, I had to laugh out loud when he said the EA games have great gameplay....wth??
Old 12-09-2008, 08:07 AM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz7524
I fixed the paragraph issue, and yes I did actually send this to Peter Moore, because I believe in what I am saying.
well good luck with what you're hoping to accomplish and let us know if you get a response.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
The higher ups only care about profits. They don't care if the game is flawed or if its even a good game. As long as they have exclusive rights they can put out a flawed game and people will purchase it. Madden has no reason to get any better because its the only NFL game so no matter what people will purchase it. Just look at Madden 09. The Game has glitches and flaws that made the game unplayable. They then release a patch that fixes nothing. Then they release another patch that allows a person to actually finish a season without freezing but still there are issues. The game from day 1 of its release should have been fully playable and there shouldn't have been a need for a patch to make a game work.
and thats different from any other company's higher ups how?

Let me add to this.

No matter which company you look at the "higher ups" only care about profit as that is the determining factor for any business to be successful. But the thing is, these "higher ups" don't program nor develop the game. Who we should be concerned with caring about the game and making sure its not flawed, glitchy, or simply thrown together for the sake of money is Ian and Phil and their development team. And thus far, I would say they have shown themselves to be geniune in their passion to create a game that we, hardcore sim players, can be happy with.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 12-09-2008 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 6

this is a fantastic letter!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
and thats different from any other company's higher ups how?

Let me add to this.

No matter which company you look at the "higher ups" only care about profit as that is the determining factor for any business to be successful. But the thing is, these "higher ups" don't program nor develop the game. Who we should be concerned with caring about the game and making sure its not flawed, glitchy, or simply thrown together for the sake of money is Ian and Phil and their development team. And thus far, I would say they have shown themselves to be geniune in their passion to create a game that we, hardcore sim players, can be happy with.
Hmmm. Let me try an explain this to you. Lets use the auto industry for an example. Lets say we are the Ford company. We put out crappy SUVs and Trucks and all of our cars have terrible gas millage. What happens to the consumers? They look elsewhere for their vehicles. They go to Honda or Toyota. What does Ford do now? They improve on their product so that the consumers come back and purchase their vehicles (or they continue to do the same and end up asking the Government for a bail out). Ford now has to make improvements on their vehicles so that they can bring back the buyers and make profits again.

Now lets say we are Ford....But there is no Honda, Toyota, Dodge or GM (or any other vehicle makers). We can now put out our crappy cars and people have to buy them. We now make huge profits and don't care if the product is bad because no matter what people will have to buy it if they want a vehicle. See the difference.

There is no other NFL game so the people that make Madden can continue to put out a crappy game and people will still buy it. When your the only horse in a one horse town alot of people want to ride you.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I agree up to a point.

You do have other choices.

You can rent the horse or you don't have to ride the horse. We can always walk, ride the bus, take the train, etc.......

Last edited by roadman; 12-09-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #23
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Hmmm. Let me try an explain this to you. Lets use the auto industry for an example. Lets say we are the Ford company. We put out crappy SUVs and Trucks and all of our cars have terrible gas millage. What happens to the consumers? They look elsewhere for their vehicles. They go to Honda or Toyota. What does Ford do now? They improve on their product so that the consumers come back and purchase their vehicles (or they continue to do the same and end up asking the Government for a bail out). Ford now has to make improvements on their vehicles so that they can bring back the buyers and make profits again.

Now lets say we are Ford....But there is no Honda, Toyota, Dodge or GM (or any other vehicle makers). We can now put out our crappy cars and people have to buy them. We now make huge profits and don't care if the product is bad because no matter what people will have to buy it if they want a vehicle. See the difference.

There is no other NFL game so the people that make Madden can continue to put out a crappy game and people will still buy it. When your the only horse in a one horse town alot of people want to ride you.....
Thats just not valid, If EA were to make a truly bad Madden, it would not sell as well as it could. There are still people out there that do not like madden but like the NFL, EA has to do a better job of getting them to play.

And I will say this, Those people who do not play madden do not play it because it is boring, not complex. This All play BS is not helping madden. Madden has to imrpove the Atmosphere and the Franchise if they want to sell more copies.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 9

EA needs more substance, less flash.............

Their games need to 'feel' less cold and digital.

WHen I play NBA2k9, my head gets warm and fuzzy.Playing Madden makes me feel like I've been up for days...Very edgy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »