Home

Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President

This is a discussion on Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Your analogy doesn't work. There are other video games out there. No, not football games, but there are other video games to choose from. And actually, Madden has competition at the level of the football genre, Backbreaker, Blitz, NCAA, those are all competitors. But in any event, thats why I added what I did to the end of the post.

ALL CEO's, Presidents, Owners, or what have you care about profit. Like I said, thats the defining factor as to whether or not a business is successful. Now with that said, they have to have quality products or there product won't sell. Sure, they'll have a few fans of the product continously buy, but they will never gain new customers, will lose some of the "casual" customers and will eventually lose their profit margin. Saying that a company only cares about profit and doesn't care about their product is a contradicting statement. The two go hand in hand.

I do agree that its time for Madden to get out of this rut and make something happen. But I'm more concerned about Ian & Phil's attitude towards the game than I am some guy sitting behind a desk all day that has no hands on involvement with the game.
I wholeheartedly agree with your last comment. Is Ian and Phil finally willing to give us a good quality product or are we gonna continue to do this again next year speaking of our frustration with how EA underachieved, which is has been occuring too long now.The developers and their talents are probably what's more important. There have been so many excellent suggestions to improve the game on this website that I hope they are listening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2008, 05:46 PM   #42
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

has the OP received a response yet?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-09-2008, 06:26 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think that if your intention was to actualy have improvements made to the games you should have criticized a little less and provided detailed specifics about exactly what kind of improvements you would like to see. Not just make the game more realistic or just watch a real game and design it like that.

On the other hand, Kudos to you if you actually took the time to address your concerns and email this person. Most people would have just compalined but never have taken the initiative to actualy address the issues at hand.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #44
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Peter Moore,

Please take a slice of the massive advertising budget and pay the people who made 2k football games whatever it takes to hire them and let them make EA NFL Football 2k10.

Madden is a franchise that has it's own following, there is another segment of the market looking for a hardcore football simulation. Please stop ignoring this market segment.

You own the NFL License and only give us one game, the most valuable license in sports deserves 2 games, at least. Give the consumer a choice, create healthy competition, it works in sports and in business, it's the capitalist way.

Only giving us Madden is the video game equivalent of the old Soviet Union.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:33 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 28

Hey OP add my letter.

Dear EA and Madden Developers

Make a real game

The End

Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2008, 09:43 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 11

No CEO would ever read an email that long. EVER
Old 12-10-2008, 02:42 AM   #47
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
ALL CEO's, Presidents, Owners, or what have you care about profit. Like I said, thats the defining factor as to whether or not a business is successful. Now with that said, they have to have quality products or there product won't sell. Sure, they'll have a few fans of the product continously buy, but they will never gain new customers, will lose some of the "casual" customers and will eventually lose their profit margin. Saying that a company only cares about profit and doesn't care about their product is a contradicting statement. The two go hand in hand.

I do agree that its time for Madden to get out of this rut and make something happen. But I'm more concerned about Ian & Phil's attitude towards the game than I am some guy sitting behind a desk all day that has no hands on involvement with the game.
I agree with you, up to a point - trust me, we are on the same wavelength here, not bashing, just expanding;

True, all most CEO's really care about is that bottom line. The bottom line and investors. If investors in EA all hated Madden and began dumping stock citing Madden quality as the reason, maybe the CEO would wake up and really "care". Maybe then he would send out an email to his minions suggesting that they look into what could possibly be done to reverse the trend, but he is not going to do squat about Madden, as you stated. I am sure that he is aware of Madden's existence but I doubt he sits in his office or jet/boat, etc playing for hours on end complaing about robo qb (I kind of wish he did though).

Truth is, EA does not really need a quality product to be successful as they will always have new customers. We all buy it every year and we all know they have a history of making a crappy football game, and we all buy into the hype each year. While I do not have EA's business plan in front of me re: their target market, each year their this market is refreshed... guys get older and video games are slowly phased out of their lives while others get their feet wet with a new PS3 or 360 damn near every hour of every day and they want to play Madden because it is the option. Most of these buyers are at the age wher ethey do not care about "sim". Each year these kids/guys (whatever) will approach the game just as we all do; "I am not buying it next year, etc." -but most of us do. The cycle. By the time they are fed up with EA's crappy game they have shelled out probably $500+ worth of Madden versions.

Volume makes up for a multitude of sins.

As long as Madden is the big fish in the EA pond, a letter from some random is not going to do anything, including probably not even getting opened.

All of you out there who think that writing to EA to change a game that is continuosly lining their pockets will make them implement drastic and dynamic changes to make a quality game need to seriously ask yourself this question:

If you were in Peter Moore's shoes, and you received this letter, would you:
(a) personally demand that changes are made.
or
(b) (maybe) read it, (maybe) fwd it to someone and have them send you a form letter thanking you for sharing your 'valued consumer' thoughts and hoping you will continue to be a customer, and then head out on your yacht.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:11 AM   #48
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyPhillips
Madden has (to me anyway) been getting worse ever year. They throw something new into it (as of late been taking things out) but every year its a let down. This years game was unplayable for what 3 months because it had to be patched so that the game could be played without freezing. There was glitches and lack of progression. All these things could have been caught before the product was released but they released the game when they knew it was flawed. The competition does exist is other games but it does not of the NFL platform. Everytime i watch ESPN and hear about NFL Football i get the urge to play Madden not NCAA or Blitz. I want to play Madden because they have Manning, Farve, Portis, The Falcons, Rams and Cowboys. You know i want to play the real teams with the real players.
A fellow OS'er from Griffin, GA? I thought for sure I was the only one. Spalding County in the house lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »