Home

Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President

This is a discussion on Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #57
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
it doesnt matter what ian & company want in the game, they DO HAVE BOSSES and those bosses only care abou the $$$.

so that being said how much do you really think ian & company can "change" the madden ways to the sim ways?

its not hard to figure out that theyre just here as "pr puppets"
Quote:
youre gonna tell me that they can REALLY change anything?
all that matters is the $$ and ian & co bosses wont allow them to stray far from the $$$.

how much can the game change....not much
what maybe new poresentation, etc but the "core game" cant change as thats the $$$ maker.

its basic business 101.....send someone in here to "hear the masses" make a few suttle tweaks and then put out the same tried & true product.
Don, unless you work for EA, you really can't comment on what goes on "behind the scenes". Is what you're suggesting possible? Sure, but it can't be substantiated and repeatedly posting it can be considered trolling. If you want to state your opinion, fine, but trying to say that it's the obvious truth when we have no way of knowing isn't getting anyone anywhere...
Old 12-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
A fellow OS'er from Griffin, GA? I thought for sure I was the only one. Spalding County in the house lol
Wow. I guess its a small world after all.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 12

Don is right. The game most likely isn't going to change much. Whats the track record been? Has the game changed much over the years? Not at all. So all of a sudden the game is going to change by leaps and bounds this year? There is no logic in that.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #60
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
Don is right. The game most likely isn't going to change much. Whats the track record been? Has the game changed much over the years? Not at all. So all of a sudden the game is going to change by leaps and bounds this year? There is no logic in that.
Thanks for having faith in Ian & Phil.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #61
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
there is when the previous 4 were done by one Senior Producer(David Ortiz) and '10 is done by another Senior Producer(Phil Frazier). And to add to that, Phil has a track record of success with the Madden series. (see Madden '04 & '05)

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 07:17 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
this is a fantastic letter!!!
Too bad it needs way more paragraphs and will take too long to read for a major company CEO.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #63
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

As far as how much change we'll really see...I think it's anyones guess.

I think it's a safe bet it'll be more change than some thought, and less than what others believed. Personally I doubt the EA reps being on the boards is merely an PR move. It's not like Madden's sales are in the tank, and coming to the internet boards was a must.

I do however believe there is some weight to the thought of them not straying too far from the tried and true. Madden I believe will always be developed with the "Masses" in mind first and foremost. But gladly they do seem truly interested in what the more dedicated Madden games want. Whatever happens with Madden 2010...at least we know we were heard.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #64

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I'll throw a thought out regarding Ian and Phil coming here:

Ian has made it clear he prefers sim style of play.
If they weren't going to change Madden much and wanted to avoid sim style play, why come to these boards? They know that these forums are almost 100% sim, so they knew what kind of feedback they would get by coming to OS.

If they weren't looking for feedback, and weren't going to change the style, they would really have no point in coming here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »