Home

Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President

This is a discussion on Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #65
Rookie

t216's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President

Quote:
Get over yourself EA Sports, focus on becoming a great sports gaming brand, not a great sports brand.
That's nice. Good luck with the letter. Let's hope EA listen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 7

You guys do realize that CEOs of major corporations read longer e-mails than that as soon as they wake up in the morning, right?
Old 12-11-2008, 12:00 AM   #67

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
You guys do realize that CEOs of major corporations read longer e-mails than that as soon as they wake up in the morning, right?
yes from people that matter...not complaint letters...
Old 12-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
yes from people that matter...not complaint letters...
Never said he would, just that he could.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
As far as how much change we'll really see...I think it's anyones guess.

I think it's a safe bet it'll be more change than some thought, and less than what others believed. Personally I doubt the EA reps being on the boards is merely an PR move. It's not like Madden's sales are in the tank, and coming to the internet boards was a must.

I do however believe there is some weight to the thought of them not straying too far from the tried and true. Madden I believe will always be developed with the "Masses" in mind first and foremost. But gladly they do seem truly interested in what the more dedicated Madden games want. Whatever happens with Madden 2010...at least we know we were heard.
This is my thought exactly. Even if Ian and Phil wanted to reconstruct Madden into an entirely new game, do people REALLY believe they have an open checkbook from EA and don't have to report to the big wigs?? EA could put dog feces in a cd case, label it Madden, and it would sell millions of copies on the name alone (and some would herald it as "sports game of the year").

EA is NOT going to allow massive changes in direction of a game that is their cash cow yearly, period. They'll allow tweaks and some lame new "features", but don't expect a massive overhaul that transforms Madden into a true sim. Ian and Phil's desire is commendable (though nobody knows how much of it is hype at this point), but let's not get carried away with expectations.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
EA could put dog feces in a cd case, label it Madden, and it would sell millions of copies on the name alone (and some would herald it as "sports game of the year").
You could have at least illustrated your point:

Old 12-11-2008, 02:57 PM   #71
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
You could have at least illustrated your point:

lol...anyone who was actually duped into buying this game (xbox360 06) I feel sorry for and I'm inclined to question their intelligence. Of course, I don't understand people blindly purchasing products and then complaining about them, but that's another topic entirely...

While I'm all for someone openly trying to take some initiative in addressing what they feel is a subpar product, there are a couple of things wrong with this letter. first, it's just a complaint. As soon as anyone reads a few key lines they will walk away and not take it seriously (that is, if the even bothered to read it in the first place). Secondly, it's not written in a manner that suggests it's really directed to Peter Moore.

It seems the author was more intent on installing a few quips and catchy lines to grab our attention rather than craft a professionally structured letter meant to deliver a point that would speak to an executive's ears. Maybe if the thread was titled "Dedicated to Fellow OSers" or "Parody of an Open Letter to Peter Moore," people wouldn't go on and on about how this letter wouldn't work. Then again, we all like to discuss these circular arguments, so who knows...lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »