Home

The "Super Secret" project can now be revealed...

This is a discussion on The "Super Secret" project can now be revealed... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 11:24 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: The "Super Secret" project can now be revealed...

Crap I keep picturing Pro Football players with names and faces in my Head and imaging a fun game of football....

Do I owe someone some scratch

hehe

I could go on forever with this point.

You do not SUE the makers of a gun company for killing someone with their gun. You sue the person who shot someone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
Ian:
"New Madden 10 trailer released guys, here it is. Hope everyone enjoys it."

Wow, I forgot just how bad Madden 07 really was. All the players look like they're on roids and gliding across the screen, lol.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #83
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
IMHO that's 2K Sports best chance at competing with EA in the NFL Exclusivity (screw the gamers) era.

2K Sports was on to something with APF2K8 but failed to take it far enough. The Team Builder here is another piece of the user generated content puzzle.

From a technology perspective we are in a highly customizable social networking age. Custom content rules, and sports companies should focus on tools, user generated content, and content publishing (game, website, community).
I have said the same thing in the past. If they give us the tools the licensing doesn't mean much. But something most people just won't have the time for. I am not going to spend hours creating the player models, stadiums, fans, etc.

But I would love to create my own rosters and share them with friends. A little player model tweaking may be cool but I do not think I would have the time. Maybe if I could share the models from someone else but make the ratings I would be game.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:30 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
You do not SUE the makers of a gun company for killing someone with their gun. You sue the person who shot someone.
I can understand how easy it is to compare next-gen videogame omissions with attempted murder.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #85
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
I have said the same thing in the past. If they give us the tools the licensing doesn't mean much. But something most people just won't have the time for. I am not going to spend hours creating the player models, stadiums, fans, etc.

But I would love to create my own rosters and share them with friends. A little player model tweaking may be cool but I do not think I would have the time. Maybe if I could share the models from someone else but make the ratings I would be game.
I deal with tech companies all of the time, and sadly nearly every one of them fail to understand the concept of social networks and user generated content. There is literally an endless amount of content available if you simple enable the masses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
I can understand how easy it is to compare next-gen videogame omissions with attempted murder.
This is the comment of mine you choose to call me out on?

What about the other ones before it.......

The fact this is happening in NCAA, I could create a historical College or HS team. OR I could create a PRO team for NCAA and share that....or I could create them for Madden 08 PC or Tecmo Super bowl....or I could just make one using C++ and a PC and put it in the game if I really really wanted to spend the time.

EA wouldn't be giving me the ability. It is already there man.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
This is the comment of mine you choose to call me out on?

What about the other ones before it.......

The fact this is happening in NCAA, I could create a historical College or HS team. OR I could create a PRO team for NCAA and share that....or I could create them for Madden 08 PC or Tecmo Super bowl....or I could just make one using C++ and a PC and put it in the game if I really really wanted to spend the time.

EA wouldn't be giving me the ability. It is already there man.
EA is slowly phasing out PC games for this very reason.
They're too easy to steal, change and don't sell enough to make it a viable business.

I don't deny for a second customizing is out there, but they have legal issues with it, regardless of how much we want it (and, trust me, I feel you. I want full customization too).

I only called you out on that quote, because it was a bit out there.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 11

If only there were no silly..****les...how much better the world would be...wait..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »