Home

The "Super Secret" project can now be revealed...

This is a discussion on The "Super Secret" project can now be revealed... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 11:39 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: The "Super Secret" project can now be revealed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I deal with tech companies all of the time, and sadly nearly every one of them fail to understand the concept of social networks and user generated content. There is literally an endless amount of content available if you simple enable the masses.
There are games that exist like this already. Here is an example:

http://secondlife.com/

You could make your own football game on this site and handle it however you want if you have the time, intellect, and energy.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #90
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man 451
Wow, I forgot just how bad Madden 07 really was. All the players look like they're on roids and gliding across the screen, lol.
Yeah, im glad I was still playing the PS2 version then.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzecHitYou
If only there were no silly..****les...how much better the world would be...wait..
In fairness, I know if I were a musician, I'd wanna be paid for my work.
No different than the thousands of retired NFLers, who have been essentially abandoned by their union.
If everything was given away for free, what would be the point of running a business?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #92
Banned

What I don't get is why isn't there any liability for NCAA I know college has much different rules BUT almost all NFL pro players played college.

If I create a a College HoF team a lot of those players would have played in the NFL. What is the difference I am still using the same players?
Old 04-27-2009, 11:45 PM   #93
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
There are games that exist like this already. Here is an example:

http://secondlife.com/

You could make your own football game on this site and handle it however you want if you have the time, intellect, and energy.
Ahh heck, if I had the time, intellect, and energy, I wouldn't need second life. Or maybe I need a second life to have the time, intellect, and energy. I'm sensing a chicken in search of an egg here.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:45 PM   #94
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
In fairness, I know if I were a musician, I'd wanna be paid for my work.
No different than the thousands of retired NFLers, who have been essentially abandoned by their union.
If everything was given away for free, what would be the point of running a business?
I disagree. These guys are getting paid for interviews, signatures, and had the ability to make enough while playing a game. It isn't the rest of world's fault thing didn't work out they way it should have when the played.

I would love to play gigs, as a musician, and get paid what any big name artist gets paid just for the gig. People could share my music all they want if they are going to pay me tens or hundreds of thousands just play music live for them.

Look at all those old musicians who didn't make crap when it all started. They aren't going to every little bar and charging people to cover their music.

Now maybe they would if they could but that is just greedy.

Anyway, I have said my peace and am getting a little off topic.

So, again good idea Ian. Can't wait to play around with the product when I have time.

I do have a question about it though:

Is this going to be part of NCAA or a separate charge or a service fee?

Last edited by stux; 04-27-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:48 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 13

Ian,

The team builder feature has got to be one of the coolest and most innovative things that I've seen in any sports title. Congrats on your vision coming to light!

This is the kinda sh1t we talk about like.. Wouldn't it be cool if this and that were possible... and then we laugh it off as if its not something we'll ever see in the next 5 years... but here we are, and you know this might be the very first NCAA game I ever buy simply because of that.

The thought of being able to create your own school and team and then use them in an on-line dynasty is just too good to be true... usually this stuff comes out with some weird little caveat... like oh yeah you can't use it on-line etc..etc... but at least on paper, this thing sounds phenomenal.

Congrats to you and the NCAA team for making it happen. I'm looking forward to checking it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:51 PM   #96
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
I do have a question about it though:

Is this going to be part of NCAA or a separate charge or a service fee?
That I do not know. OMT over in the NCAA section would know for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »