Home

Whew - PRO-TAK is Much Better Now

This is a discussion on Whew - PRO-TAK is Much Better Now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Whew - PRO-TAK is much better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Still no word on 3-4 lineman drawing double teams or 4-3 DE being converted to OLB to play in the 3-4?
Kinda curious if they fixed the rating issue with moving an OLB to DE and picking up 10-14 points OVR.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #50
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Thanks for the update again Ian. I looking forward to the final version of the game in 2 months. BTW Ian will ya'll be doing any offline franchise blogs in the next few weeks??
+1
Old 06-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #51
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Still no word on 3-4 lineman drawing double teams or 4-3 DE being converted to OLB to play in the 3-4?
There's plenty of double teaming in the videos. As for the other, I assume you're talking about the Cardinals and Ravens Predator... which is in the game.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 7

OH MAN!! This makes me so relieved!! I can now barely contain my excitement to play this game!! Come on August 14!
Old 06-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 9

Welcome back Ian and thanks for the updates! Keep pushing forward the game is looking great and your in the home stretch!!
Old 06-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Locomotion, momentum, acceleration, etc is all still being worked on so once we get locked in I'll do my best to let everyone know how it panned out (positive and negative). Though the game was more 'weighted' at community day than it is now, it was also the primary cause towards all of our broken gameplay (600+ rush yards per game with fast players, easy money 100% completions on curls and slants, etc). I am still definitely happy with the strides taken this year. Every single person felt the changes immediately at E3...and that was a great goal to reach.

Just so you all know, compared to the build at community day, as of right now the turn rates are about 4% tighter, and acceleration/deceleration are about 8% faster. The direction change animations (they are still there) were trimmed to be about 7% shorter.

Even with us having to slightly back away from the CD values to help fix all of our AI issues, I just thought it would help to compare the current Madden 10 values against Madden 09..
Turn rates = 46% wider than 09
Acceleration/Deceleration = 32% slower than 09
Direction change animations = can't compare, there really weren't any in 09

I am honestly the most concerned with the actual bugs at this point where players blip around and face the other direction without having to cut or slow down and follow ANY laws of momentum...it is a much more rare occurrence now but it is still happening (mostly with blockers). Momentum is still very important to me though - we are doing our best to balance the game to not have money plays and AI issues while still keeping that "SIM" feel at the fore-front. Will update soon.
Thanks for the update Ian!

Is Man Coverage being tweaked a bit as well? There were a few instances where I saw Nnamdi Asomugha get burned pretty badly which hardly if ever happens in real life lol...

I just want to make sure that man-2-man will be an effective coverage (unlike in 09) in 10 since that's pretty much all the Raiders run in real life.

Keep up the good work!!
Old 06-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
There's plenty of double teaming in the videos. As for the other, I assume you're talking about the Cardinals and Ravens Predator... which is in the game.
No I'm talking about taking a DE from the rosters and then changing him to an OLB to play in the 3-4. I want to know if he is going to drop 15-20 points like he did in years past. Also I didn't see much double teaming 3-4 lineman on the videos nor have I seen any commentary pointing it out, not saying you are wrong but I don't recall seeing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 9

I like the second post, Ian. I agree. I think when momentum works in the videos it looks really good. It's those times where it doesn't seem to apply at all that is jarring. If you focus on like that like you said, there won't be any of those WTF moments when looking at one guy do something ridiculous. Even if the momentum rates aren't 100% where you want them at least they replicate real physics and look good without sacrificing the gameplay.

Nice job Ian! Can't wait for the pass rush update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »