Home

The most scripted game I ever played

This is a discussion on The most scripted game I ever played within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: The most scripted game I ever played

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So...is this comeback AI or bad programming?

If this happens all game as some people here claim it to, wouldn't that just be something that happens throughout the game? It doesn't just happen when the CPU is down right?
Actually it is both. The bad programming leads to the script. It happens mostly for me when there is a consitent flow for either side, the ai changes the flow to simulate momentum swings in a video game. An example I used above was the db with his back turned, that intercepted my pass. It was done at the end of the game to pretty much kill my momentum. Now I throw enough int's without the ai stepping in to up my total.

Again, not a game killer but I understand what the developers are tying to do, they use ai mirrors to simulate what takes place in actual football. The problem is the methods they use aren't pleasing to the eye, so the code (scripting) because too obvious. Instead of having an out of position db intercept, have the qb over throw the ball, instead of my db totally act out of his mind, have the qb step up or throw the db off of him. Same script, just not as obvious.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
You didn't call your own plays in Head Coach? Making my own plays and running my Raiders how I wanted to was the best part of Head Coach. I understand the "want to be a GM" thing that some people do with drafting and trying to rebuild their teams. And I understand that Superstar mode sucks and some people would rather play the normal game and use ask madden instead of using Superstar mode. But I'm really failing to see any point at all in Coach Mode + Ask Madden. You might as well just watch CPU vs CPU if you aren't going to call your plays.
1. I called my own plays in preseason games in Head Coach for the players to learn the plays. During regular season I always let the offensive and defensive coordinators call the plays.

2. I would do CPU vs CPU games except there are no injuries that happen in those games (something else that needs fixed) so I play coach mode instead.

What..is..the..problem?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Was their backup Frank Reich?
Somebody does get it. If what I desribed happened to them in Madden they would pitch a holy fit, yet they forget games like this do happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
Somebody does get it. If what I desribed happened to them in Madden they would pitch a holy fit, yet they forget games like this do happen.
Not 3-4 times a season to the same team.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #53
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
1. I called my own plays in preseason games in Head Coach for the players to learn the plays. During regular season I always let the offensive and defensive coordinators call the plays.

2. I would do CPU vs CPU games except there are no injuries that happen in those games (something else that needs fixed) so I play coach mode instead.

What..is..the..problem?
Nothing, if you actually enjoy playing that way. Although I thought it was common knowledge that Ask Madden has always been incredibly limited and generally a bad idea to rely on it for smart playcalling.

In Head Coach, you had enough control over your playbook that letting the coordinators call plays still worked fairly realistically. We don't get that luxury in Madden unless you're PS3/PSP and want to spend a lot of time on it.

Regardless, I thought I made it fairly clear that my initial comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Just think about how this sounds: "I play coach mode, but I don't call plays"

I'll go ahead and step out of the thread now.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 16

Funny how all the people who complain about scripted play are always up big. Sorry but if you are up by 3-5 td's then you should stop cheating the CPU and raise the diff level and slider difficulty

I have not played a sports game where the CPU does not put up a fight in the second half if am up big

same goes if I am down big

but worst of all we are getting complaints about scripted play from coach mode or superstar playing members.

Comical
Old 08-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 10

Maybe you just got sloppy man.

This is by far the best football I've ever played in a football game, much better than 2k5 or anything else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
Funny how all the people who complain about scripted play are always up big. Sorry but if you are up by 3-5 td's then you should stop cheating the CPU and raise the diff level and slider difficulty

I have not played a sports game where the CPU does not put up a fight in the second half if am up big

same goes if I am down big

but worst of all we are getting complaints about scripted play from coach mode or superstar playing members.

Comical
Here we go. Another person that only reads a few sentences out of a two paragraph story. Only I'm quite surprised it was you...I expected more.

Ok GO BACK and re-read the entire thread again instead of reading a few lines.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »