Home

Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?

This is a discussion on Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will the strategy pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?
Yes, I may not buy the game now due to this change 82 35.34%
No, this will not affect my purchasing decision 150 64.66%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #73
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?

The SP won't stop me from purchasing Madden. Right now the fun I'm having with NCAA 11 is the culprit. For some reason Madden just isn't doing it for me anymore.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 2

I already pre-ordered it. I turned in a few games to pre-order it a few months ago.. The next COD is a few months away.. I'd rather play M11 now than COD in a few months.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 18

No, I took a few minutes to learn it and now it is just as easy as the past way of making adjustments. Some of you aren't even trying, but jumping on the hate wagon. To bad you missing out on a good game of football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #76
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

F' No this isn't. Of all the things that would stop me from buying Madden, this isn't even on the radar. To me this is much ado about nothing and just another opportunity for the sky is falling screamers to get started.

I am on the fence about Madden, but it has more to do with the fact that NCAA is pretty much providing me with my football fix, and I don't really need a second football game.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:48 PM   #77
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
holy cow, 48 people not buying vs. 94 are buying, that's 1 person not buying for every 2 that are....that's pretty bad news for EA..
This is hardly the standard gamer demographic to poll, nor is the sample size even close to being large enough to make this something EA would worry about. Not to mention of the 48 "not buying" I am betting 46 of them actually do buy.

I call shenanigans on this poll.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Sausage - it's not about learning the controls, I learned my adjustments I make by halftime of my first game. It's about it being on the digital pad, which is awful on the 360, there being extra button presses and the overall lag that's in this wonderful new "feature". I only wish it was simply learning the new controls..

bkrich83 - to each his own but a radically redesigned and ineffective control scheme is definitely something that is a legitimate concern to many, including myself. It may be a minor issue to you but I can assure you this isn't a typical "the sky is falling" scenario. I've never seen such an uproar about any single feature in a Madden demo in all the years i've followed the game. I can only imagine what this place will be like when the actual game drops and those who haven't gotten the demo find out about this awful change.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:51 PM   #79
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
bkrich83 - to each his own but a radically redesigned and ineffective control scheme is definitely something that is a legitimate concern to many, including myself. It may be a minor issue to you but I can assure you this isn't a typical "the sky is falling" scenario. I've never seen such an uproar about any single feature in a Madden demo in all the years i've followed the game. I can only imagine what this place will be like when the actual game drops and those who haven't gotten the demo find out about this awful change.
Hyperbole.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:54 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

bkrich - I apologize but I have no way of reaching a million users of every walk of life to conduct a poll so OS here will have to do. And yes I'm aware OS isn't the typical user, but I do know from my own experience many typical users and they also will find fault with this strategy pad just like myself IMO.

As for the 48 not buying, my money would be at least half don't if this isn't patched. Or if they do end up with the game they may pirate it or buy it used just to stick it to EA due to this. I can definitely see it affecting their sales, as I said, I've never seen such an uproar about one single feature in a demo as this one has generated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »