Home

Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?

This is a discussion on Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will the strategy pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?
Yes, I may not buy the game now due to this change 82 35.34%
No, this will not affect my purchasing decision 150 64.66%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #41
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
This is wrong. Your holier than thou attitude is offbase here, you don't know more about the intricacies of football from a play perspective if you really believe this.

Need proof?

Go look at the Raiders win over the colts in 2002 where Greg Biekert annihilated Peyton Manning's audibles at the line of scrimmage. by countering everyone of his audibles. By the second half he had every line call down and coming out of their BASE MAN TO MAN they made the adjustments to stop peyton's adjustment's. This was MULTIPLE adjustments at the line of scrimmage. For me, this is where the chess match lies.

How many times this needs to be done is dependant on the LEVEL of the player you are playing against, case and point: PEYTON MANNING.

Frankly, you just CANT DO THIS AS FAST AS BEFORE, please stop with the this is not sim argument. Not to mention, the 4-3 playbook is beyond weak in this game and presnap adjustments were the only way to counter that. You saying making many adjustments at the line is cheese (or not realistic) is no different than saying no huddle is cheese, they are both part of the game. Either way, as others have stated, we shouldn't of been restricted, rather there should of been more ways to counter it.
WTF are you talking about? Holier than thou attitude? Where are you getting that from. No where have I said ANYTHING to make it sound like I know more about football than anyone else.

I actually AGREED that people have to make these audibles and hot routes because the play designs are terrible in Madden.

I also never once used the word cheese and never said no huddle was cheese. If I thought that I'd have burned NCAA11 already..

I do stand by my statement that no team has the time to adjusts each player individually. They have callouts that dictate what to do. Unfortunetly Madden play design and the audible system do NOT allow for this so we are forced to be unrealistic and try and call out 10 hot routes.

Getting the result by calling out all the hot routes IS realistic.
How we have to do it in Madden in not IMO

Sorry if you took what I said the wrong...... We all want a better game and it sucks we have to try and get there EA's way. Which is stuck in mud. I want a better football game not a better Madden game...
If that makes sense.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm far from being a person who thinks they are better or more "in the know" than anyone else.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-28-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Let's go to voice controls for hot routes and audibles. That's probably the next direction EA will think is the future. I know they tried that in NFL head coach didn't they? That's just what I need, to be shouting at my TV.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #43
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
WTF are you talking about? Holier than thou attitude? Where are you getting that from. No where have I said ANYTHING to make it sound like I know more about football than anyone else.

I actually AGREED that people have to make these audibles and hot routes because the play designs are terrible in Madden.

I also never once used the word cheese and never said no huddle was cheese. If I thought that I'd have burned NCAA11 already..

I do stand by my statement that no team has the time to adjusts each player individually. They have callouts that dictate what to do. Unfortunetly Madden play design and the audible system do NOT allow for this so we are forced to be unrealistic and try and call out 10 hot routes.

Getting the result by calling out all the hot routes IS realistic.
How we have to do it in Madden in not IMO

Sorry if you took what I said the wrong...... We all want a better game and it sucks we have to try and get there EA's way. Which is stuck in mud. I want a better football game not a better Madden game...
If that makes sense.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm far from being a person who thinks they are better or more "in the know" than anyone else.
sorry if I took it wrong, i took that post as "being poisoned by madden" as condescending. I was only talking about that post, i know what i wrote might of read wrong. I know your a good poster and always make good points as i've lurked a lot more than i've posted. (this strategy pad thing got my voice though!)

Anyways, back to the point..

Being 'good' at Madden doesn't define what i'm talking about as far as needing more time for preplay adjustments are concerned. It's my love for the x's and o's. I want exactly what you want, the most authentic simulation experience possible.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #44
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Strategy Pad won't keep me from buying the game by itself.

After CD and the demo though, I am leaning on the "Not buying" side of the fence this year for the first time in a long time. Strangely enough, what caused my biggest shift is NCAA11 being so good it makes Madden look like a step backwards.

For the most part, what you see is what you get with a demo. You can say that for the demo they took stuff out, and it's obvious that the audio was something they took a lot out of. that doesn't change the terrible game play we see from Rookie up to All-Madden.

I know for SURE that I won't be buying Madden at Midnight or Day one at this point. I am going to have to read reviews and see game play footage to change my mind. I love the NFL and may break down and buy it eventually [just being honest] but it will likely be used and/or on Ebay if I don't like the reviews enough.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #45
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Let's go to voice controls for hot routes and audibles. That's probably the next direction EA will think is the future. I know they tried that in NFL head coach didn't they? That's just what I need, to be shouting at my TV.
Lol!!! I needed that.

Man I never wanted people to think I thought I knew more about the sport because frankly I don't. I actually like listening to many peoples thought etc.. on here and other sites to learn more about the sport. Just offering my opinions on why we are used to have to do certain things and just becasue we've had to do them for so long doesn't make then Football things. They make them Madden things...

Oh well....
We all want the same thing in the end. A fun playing realistic as we can get football game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #46
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
sorry if I took it wrong, i took that post as "being poisoned by madden" as condescending. I was only talking about that post, i know what i wrote might of read wrong. I know your a good poster and always make good points as i've lurked a lot more than i've posted. (this strategy pad thing got my voice though!)

Anyways, back to the point..

Being 'good' at Madden doesn't define what i'm talking about as far as needing more time for preplay adjustments are concerned. It's my love for the x's and o's. I want exactly what you want, the most authentic simulation experience possible.
We are the same bro. I also love the X's and O's part. Main reason I still consider FPSFB as MY fav of all time.

What I meant by being poisoned was for example the play designs. They are not very intricate so we are forced to try and get a play ready before the ball is snapped. If there were more plays and they had some life to them we could probably do a lot more with less, if you know what I mean.

Anyways sorry for the misunderstanding...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Honest question, is the SP worse on the 360?

I had no problem with the old way, but it only took me about a half to adjust to the SP. Granted, I've not tried any hot blitzing yet, but I have been able to adjust my coverage and shift both my LBs and DL (three moves with the SP) before the cpu snapped the ball. And I'm by no means a wizard at Madden.

I'll be the first to say they should have -- at the very least -- left the old way in as an option. But the SP issue does seem a bit overblown to me. It's not going to keep me from buying the game.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

i wont buy the game until/unless strat pad is patched.

for ME it makes it unplayable. i can see how if its not a big deal for you, how you wuld love the game. AFTER the snap i love the game too. but the strat pad makes the game unplayable for me.

i already disliked how it was done in madden 10. dont see why its not like how it was done on ps2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »