Home

I might get EA Season Ticket. I just have a few questions, hopefully someone can help

This is a discussion on I might get EA Season Ticket. I just have a few questions, hopefully someone can help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #9
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: I might get EA Season Ticket. I just have a few questions, hopefully someone can

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
u can't d/l it before the 26th because it dont go live till the 26th @ 6pm also not sure what system u have but i have PS3 and its listed in the things u bought just saying u bought the EA sports thing nothing to click to d/l, not sure but i believe on the xbox its in the marketplace also with no option to d/l.
Sorry, I meant any time after the 26th. Not just on the 26th.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I might get EA Season Ticket. I just have a few questions, hopefully someone can

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX
I remember hearing that too. I think if you have the season ticket once you download the game then the 3 day timer goes on. Then after the 3 days, it locks and you have to buy the retail. It isn't just for the 26th thru the 30th.
No .. it times out on release day, at 6am .. therefore you need to download it between the 26th and 30th to utilize it ..

LINK
Old 08-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkHigh33
No .. it times out on release day, at 6am .. therefore you need to download it between the 26th and 30th to utilize it ..

LINK
Yep, I didn't look at the little asterisk the first time I read it. :facepalm:

TCU Class of 2014!

NCAA --- TCU Horned Frogs & Texas A&M Aggies
NFL --- Houston Texans
MLB --- Texas Rangers
NHL --- Dallas Stars
NBA --- Dallas Mavericks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX
Yep, I didn't look at the little asterisk the first time I read it. :facepalm:
Lol .. all the OP had to do was click page 2 and he would have found all of his answers ..
Old 08-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 7

I didn't want to start a new thread for this because it might be controversial with EA developers visiting the site, but I want to pose the question: Is EA Season Ticket ethical?

Ok, clearly the main draw here is the game three days early. EA wouldn't be able to a profit selling all the other accessories that come along with this package. (DLC? Cheats for your Madden franchise and some avatars/skins? No thank you)

So has Madden 12 been pushed back consciously with the intention of offering a sneak peak for more money? This outsider says yes.

Does this game take time to go through the distribution channels and hit the retail stores? Absolutely. Could a straight to down-loadable content workaround be a short cut? Seemingly.

One great big but though, is that putting product on Xbox Live Marketplace is also a lengthy process. Just a while back an EA designer admitted how outdated the demo build was. I also hear from other developers about what a lengthy approval process it is to get content on XBox Live. Perhaps even a month-long process.

Surely that is no shorter than the process to fill all the Gamestops, Wal-Marts, and alike with the product. So we can infer there is no shortcut in the straight to XBox Live Marketplace distribution.

We've all clearly seen this product has been finished for atleast a week as Snoop Dogg and other VIP's have received their copies. I believe this game was finished being developed on August 1. Any responsibly company would have their product finished way ahead of schedule date to hit the manufacturer's. Especially when it's going to sell millions upon millions of these copies.

So I think it is clear EA is releasing this game "early" via downloadable content for one reason. It was a contingency plan to recover lost profit from the feared NFL lockout.

We saw in this article about the implications of the NBA lockout on NBA 2k: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6328083...illion-analyst

So yes, I firmly believe EA is withholding their product to potentially put an extra $25 in their pocket for all of their extremely loyal fans. Now this is their product, they are certainly allowed to do that if they like, but is it ethical?

No matter how users choose to rationalize their purchase, they must realize, this is not $25 they would have paid last year for EA products. EA has created a need, in fact a new product, by pushing their games back three days and putting them online.

I will certainly be feeling the hurt when August 26 comes and I am fiending for Madden knowing that I can attain in but it will cost me $25. Even worse is that they have intentionally made the "early" release date a Friday.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #14
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faizon
I didn't want to start a new thread for this because it might be controversial with EA developers visiting the site, but I want to pose the question: Is EA Season Ticket ethical?

Ok, clearly the main draw here is the game three days early. EA wouldn't be able to a profit selling all the other accessories that come along with this package. (DLC? Cheats for your Madden franchise and some avatars/skins? No thank you)

So has Madden 12 been pushed back consciously with the intention of offering a sneak peak for more money? This outsider says yes.

Does this game take time to go through the distribution channels and hit the retail stores? Absolutely. Could a straight to down-loadable content workaround be a short cut? Seemingly.

One great big but though, is that putting product on Xbox Live Marketplace is also a lengthy process. Just a while back an EA designer admitted how outdated the demo build was. I also hear from other developers about what a lengthy approval process it is to get content on XBox Live. Perhaps even a month-long process.

Surely that is no shorter than the process to fill all the Gamestops, Wal-Marts, and alike with the product. So we can infer there is no shortcut in the straight to XBox Live Marketplace distribution.

We've all clearly seen this product has been finished for atleast a week as Snoop Dogg and other VIP's have received their copies. I believe this game was finished being developed on August 1. Any responsibly company would have their product finished way ahead of schedule date to hit the manufacturer's. Especially when it's going to sell millions upon millions of these copies.

So I think it is clear EA is releasing this game "early" via downloadable content for one reason. It was a contingency plan to recover lost profit from the feared NFL lockout.

We saw in this article about the implications of the NBA lockout on NBA 2k: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6328083...illion-analyst

So yes, I firmly believe EA is withholding their product to potentially put an extra $25 in their pocket for all of their extremely loyal fans. Now this is their product, they are certainly allowed to do that if they like, but is it ethical?

No matter how users choose to rationalize their purchase, they must realize, this is not $25 they would have paid last year for EA products. EA has created a need, in fact a new product, by pushing their games back three days and putting them online.

I will certainly be feeling the hurt when August 26 comes and I am fiending for Madden knowing that I can attain in but it will cost me $25. Even worse is that they have intentionally made the "early" release date a Friday.
I think it is, this is the reason why. In order for me to be able to rent these same games, Madden 12, FIFA 12, NHL 12, FIFA Street, TW 13, NCAA 13, and maybe Madden 13 depending on when it's released, it would cost me about $45-50. Now those would be 5 day rentals at $7 a pop, so let's say it would cost $5 for 3 day rentals, that still would cost me $30-35+. Plus they already added FIFA Street to the lineup, they probably will add other games. For that reason and that alone I think it's worth it. If you only plan on playing one or two of these games(madden & ncaa) or some combination of two of them, then NO it is not worth it.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #15
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
What happens if you are in the middle of a game at 6 am on the 30? Do you get to finish the game?

Sent from RedskinNation.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

Did you rent all 6 of those games last year? If so, great, this deal doesn't effect you. However, the majority of people just go out and buy the games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »