Home

Why do people control all 32 teams?

This is a discussion on Why do people control all 32 teams? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why do people control all 32 teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeriousNorwood
You just aren't paying attention. They cut their 1st and 2nd round picks during the preseason all the time to keep some 40 rated made up player.
Nope, they don't do it...not only am I "paying attention," but I am 100% sure they aren't.

Reason being, is because I've started 5 different Franchises now, and have always checked the FA's during the Week 1 of the NFL Season before any game is played/simmed.

The reason I even checked this was because of all the people saying it's happening in their's. It hasn't happened in mine.

I go to "All," sort by Age, then look if there's any Rookies. There's the occassional scrub (like real life), but never a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, of 4th Rounder.

There's also never a Kicker or Punter Drafted anywhere outside of the 6th or 7th Round.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #10
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoisePanther
Nope, they don't do it...not only am I "paying attention," but I am 100% sure they aren't.

Reason being, is because I've started 5 different Franchises now, and have always checked the FA's during the Week 1 of the NFL Season before any game is played/simmed.

The reason I even checked this was because of all the people saying it's happening in their's. It hasn't happened in mine.

I go to "All," sort by Age, then look if there's any Rookies. There's the occassional scrub (like real life), but never a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, of 4th Rounder.

There's also never a Kicker or Punter Drafted anywhere outside of the 6th or 7th Round.
I still find this hard to believe...EVERY guy that has started a franchise has this issue but u? Can u go through a few teams and make sure they have every draft pick from Rounds 1-5 or so?....cause if what ur sayin is right, Madden has definite issues
Old 10-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
I still find this hard to believe...EVERY guy that has started a franchise has this issue but u? Can u go through a few teams and make sure they have every draft pick from Rounds 1-5 or so?....cause if what ur sayin is right, Madden has definite issues
I don't have 2 go through every team, I just told U I got 2 FA's prior 2 Week 1 having any single game played or simmed, go to "All," then sort by Age. If it happens to be a Rook, I see what Round they were in.

Just like in real life, some Drafted guys are cut...but I have seen ZERO high picks being cut.

Why would I lie to you guys?? Hopefully there is a fix for those having the issue, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #12
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Each Off-Season I control all 32 to cut anybody who has an ovr below 55. Then I switch back to just my one team.

If not, the league will be nothing but 30-50 ovr players in years to come.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 17

I would love to not have to control all 32 teams, but unfortunately if you want to have any chance of a SIM worthy franchise then you have to control all 32 teams. While I am not looking for everything to follow the same lines as IRL, I am looking to have moves made that "could" happen IRL. I originally tried to play this year's franchise controlling only 1 team, but after seeing a kicker go with the 11th overall pick I realized I couldn't deal with it.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:47 AM   #14
Rookie

bhackler's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoisePanther
I don't have 2 go through every team, I just told U I got 2 FA's prior 2 Week 1 having any single game played or simmed, go to "All," then sort by Age. If it happens to be a Rook, I see what Round they were in.

Just like in real life, some Drafted guys are cut...but I have seen ZERO high picks being cut.

Why would I lie to you guys?? Hopefully there is a fix for those having the issue, though.
So the Jets are keeping Wilkerson and the Patriots are keeping Shane Vereen? The CPU isnt dumping almost every single backup QB in the 2nd year of the chise for UDFAs or terrible rookies?

I'm not buying it.

It's also very telling with the Linebacker position. The CPU seems to love dumping vets for 44 overall rated UDFA's after year 1.

On another note... im in year 3 of my recent franchise (only controlling 1 team) and the Giants have drafted a TE in the first round in EVERY draft! The Seahawks have 2 1st round QB's both 82+ overall. For realistic future rosters 32 team franchise is really the only way to go.

Last edited by bhackler; 10-03-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:54 AM   #15
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
Each Off-Season I control all 32 to cut anybody who has an ovr below 55. Then I switch back to just my one team.

If not, the league will be nothing but 30-50 ovr players in years to come.

I don't think that would actually happen. They don't resign the UDFAs generally. The overall ratings aren't high enough.

The problem is that the CPU doesn't sign enough backups during free agency and so when it goes to fill the roster with UDFAs, there are just too many of them. They need to fill rosters with available established players first and then maybe 10-15 UDFAs.

In real life guys like Josh McCown or Trent Edwards are filling out the 70 man rosters in preseason, on madden its just too many UDFAs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
I haven't noticed it happening either.

The worst free agent that I've seen released by CPU controlled teams was Marcel Reese in my 2nd year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »