Home

Why do people control all 32 teams?

This is a discussion on Why do people control all 32 teams? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #25
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Why do people control all 32 teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
I guess I have that copy too. I don't have any bugs I read about on here. No shoulder pad problems, no simulation problems in franchise, nothing really.

Only problem I have is CPU teams keeping 4 QB's a year and more times than not, 2 of them are 30-50 ovr.

I also read about people using draft classes and the CPU teams draft all P and K in the first round. I never had that problem either.

i could care less about shoulder pads and all that jazz.....since i'm more of a GM guy, i'd just want teams to sign,re-sign, and draft realistically...obviously that's too much to ask for....and u just hit on a problem with the bolded part....teams these days don't keep 4 QB's on an active roster....and im willing to bet those 30-50 rated QB's are UDFA's....and going a step further, im pretty sure there's better, more proven options, flooding the FA pool
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #26
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
Yup.

The only problems I really have with the game is the on-field foundation of the gameplay, which I feel is extremely flawed.

I've always felt that Madden was strong with it's features and how they were implemented. I just can't get past what I feel to be horrid gameplay.

But off the field? The game is wonderful.
I think they should bring back a few things in the Franchise mode then it would be perfect. As for game-play, they could use a little better designs and all but it is a video game so there will always be glitches and such.

I just feel like Madden is a couple years behind than every other game in the Visuals category. Even Saints Row looks more real and that game is a joke.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #27
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
I'm on the X-Box 360.

And before anyone calls me a fanboy, I think they should take a look around some of these forums. I am anything BUT a Madden fanboy. I am an avid, vocal Madden ***** that's not shy about expressing my dislike of Madden at any opportunity that I get. I am not looking for reasons to defend Madden, but this is one situation that I can't take a shot at Madden on. My experience has not had the wonky UDFA problem.

Maybe I also don't see it as a problem either because it's not exactly unrealistic. In real like, good players like Terrell Owens, Lofa Tatupu and Kelvin Hayden are still without team, while plenty of "scrubs" and UDFA get spots on rosters.

As far as players getting released by their teams, like I said, the worst release I saw was Marcel Reese. I think we can all agree that Marcel Reese, while a pretty decent player, is no incredible superstar that I team simply couldn't part with. I haven't checked his former team's roster to see who they released him for.
Agreed, Marcel Reese is not a superstar...BUT......the guy is a very good FB...and honestly unless a team has an All-World FB entrenched, they should NOT be releasing Reese....he's not some scrub that's been on every team's practice squad for the last 5 years....
Old 10-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #28
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
i could care less about shoulder pads and all that jazz.....since i'm more of a GM guy, i'd just want teams to sign,re-sign, and draft realistically...obviously that's too much to ask for....and u just hit on a problem with the bolded part....teams these days don't keep 4 QB's on an active roster....and im willing to bet those 30-50 rated QB's are UDFA's....and going a step further, im pretty sure there's better, more proven options, flooding the FA pool

I think madden should keep a min cap of 55 ovr. I mean in my 3rd year with the Saints, one team had a P of 13 ovr.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #29
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

And not every UDFA should be like 30 ovr. Look at Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia, Josh Cribbs, Pierre Thomas, Willie Parker, Wes Welker, Ryan Grant, ect.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
Agreed, Marcel Reese is not a superstar...BUT......the guy is a very good FB...and honestly unless a team has an All-World FB entrenched, they should NOT be releasing Reese....he's not some scrub that's been on every team's practice squad for the last 5 years....
Well something is going on with Marcel Reese in my franchise mode, because he keeps getting released.

I saw him in free agency, and I picked him up because his skill set fits my offensive scheme. Then I looked at his career statline...

Apparently, the Raiders dropped him in year 1, because his statline shows him having played for Atlanta. Then Atlanta apparently didn't pick up his contract, because he was sitting in free agency for me in year 2.

But he's the only player that I've seen getting released like that. Outside of the players that were 1.) already there to start the year (T.O., Tatupa, Hayden, etc.) or 2.) players who's contracts expire and don't get picked up, there aren't really quality players sitting out there in free agency. They aren't getting released by their teams. And the CPU seems to be signing legitimate players.

For instance, in season 1, I played against the Lions, and Matthew Stafford was injured and not playing. So Detroit brought Troy Smith out as the starter - a player that I had during the pre-season but released when I made my final roster. So the CPU went out and got one of the better available players when their starter went down. Didn't seem out of line to me.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #31
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
I think madden should keep a min cap of 55 ovr. I mean in my 3rd year with the Saints, one team had a P of 13 ovr.
not gunna happen...i don't mind the UDFA concept being implemented from the 2nd year on cause there's a handful of them that DO make a team each year...if i remember correctly, there's 6 UDFA starters this year so im not against it since they must be good...just ridiculous to see the FA pool littered with backups that can still perform.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #32
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

When you control all 32 teams you can have the CPU control the management of the other 31. Then you have the ability to override what the CPU does. You don't retain this option controlling only one team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »