Home

Why do people control all 32 teams?

This is a discussion on Why do people control all 32 teams? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #41
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Why do people control all 32 teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayIIwiN
The funny thing is I never have played it that way but w/ the URFA I feel I have no choice. I really don't want to have to monkey w/ every single cut but oh well.
It's seriously not that long if u sort them...maybe 40 mins tops
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #42
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
It's seriously not that long if u sort them...maybe 40 mins tops
Good point.

It gets fast as you learn the tricks.

Go to the "Rookies" sorting option and just start deleting. If you're unsure of a guy left-click on him and check under "Awards" to see if he was drafted.

If you glance over at the players Speed and Strength ratings you can eliminate them quickly as you see the 67 spd WRs and 64 str linemen.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #43
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Good point.

It gets fast as you learn the tricks.

Go to the "Rookies" sorting option and just start deleting. If you're unsure of a guy left-click on him and check under "Awards" to see if he was drafted.

If you glance over at the players Speed and Strength ratings you can eliminate them quickly as you see the 67 spd WRs and 64 str linemen.
it's easier sorting them from *Player Management*.. sort by Potential so all the ???'s are at the top...u will automatically see that their contracts are 1yr/310k which makes them an automatic UDFA's
Old 10-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Raiders DO NOT have a better option at FB..which is my issue...im sure they kept some UDFA scrub?......ur Lions example is not unreasonable since Troy Smith doesnt fit the UDFA mold....Shaun Hill is a better backup tho....but we're not gunna get into that
Yea the difference between Shaun Hill and Troy Smith is going to be semantics on the Madden level. And for all I know Hill was hurt too.

I don't know who the Raiders or Falcons kept instead of Marcel Reese, but it's 1 player, and honestly, it's not that unrealistic. I've seen plenty of cases in real life where an established player gets shockingly released during cut downs in favor of a young rook, and the rookie isn't always better. The team is taking a shot.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #45
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
Yea the difference between Shaun Hill and Troy Smith is going to be semantics on the Madden level. And for all I know Hill was hurt too.

I don't know who the Raiders or Falcons kept instead of Marcel Reese, but it's 1 player, and honestly, it's not that unrealistic. I've seen plenty of cases in real life where an established player gets shockingly released during cut downs in favor of a young rook, and the rookie isn't always better. The team is taking a shot.
Valid point....either way there's no way im taking a chance on the CPU managing any of the teams....Some may be able to accept it, not me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Valid point....either way there's no way im taking a chance on the CPU managing any of the teams....Some may be able to accept it, not me
The main reason that I don't is because I feel, who am I to determine what moves another team does or doesn't make?

The NFL is chalk full of teams who make bad decisions (many of those decisions can be found in what people complain about Madden - releasing good players and keeping bad players; drafting the same position over and over again [Detroit, anyone???]; bad trade logic; etc.). I run my team the way I want to, and outside of that I feel I'm in no place to determine what moves the Washington Redskins do or don't make.

While a human may be able to better manage a Madden team than CPU AI, there's going to come into play the human bias that is going to affect all 31 other teams in the league, and as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather watch the CPU make some wonky moves than have ME influence the builds of all 32 teams.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #47
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Why? Because the computer AI isn't realistic or savvy enough without my input. I don't control every aspect of every team, but I do make sure the Computer AI isn't doing something so stupid that it ruins the SIM experience.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #48
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
The main reason that I don't is because I feel, who am I to determine what moves another team does or doesn't make?

The NFL is chalk full of teams who make bad decisions (many of those decisions can be found in what people complain about Madden - releasing good players and keeping bad players; drafting the same position over and over again [Detroit, anyone???]; bad trade logic; etc.). I run my team the way I want to, and outside of that I feel I'm in no place to determine what moves the Washington Redskins do or don't make.

While a human may be able to better manage a Madden team than CPU AI, there's going to come into play the human bias that is going to affect all 31 other teams in the league, and as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather watch the CPU make some wonky moves than have ME influence the builds of all 32 teams.
There's plenty of people in your boat and that's what's the good thing about video games...ur allowed to run things YOUR way.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »