Home

Whatever happened to enjoying games

This is a discussion on Whatever happened to enjoying games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #57
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Whatever happened to enjoying games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I agree that NBA 2K13 is on a different level in comparison to Madden, but NFL 2K5's franchise mode was terrible. Even if it might have had more editing options in comparison to what the connected careers mode has in Madden 13, Madden 13 should have way more depth in terms of franchise mode.

NFL 2K5's franchise mode was nothing to write home about.
Madden 2005 Franchise was better...but 2K5 had a lot of great things going for it in the franchise mode.

Connected Careers is a SUPER great idea, but is leaving a lot to be desired. And that is just for what should be in the game at this point.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #58
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
I don't understand your logic either lol
What's so difficult to understand? Lol

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 08-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy57
I don't mind at all I did buy 2K was excited to play in an online association it didn't last long mainly because they don't have any commish options to help move it along. I have never said I wouldn't buy 2K but I did return it early didn't play as much as I have in the past. The offline lag during the game killed it for me how they managed to let a game lag without playing online shocked the heck out of me.

*Edit*

I do believe that the turning point for both NHL and FIFA was that they finally got programmers who had played the game professionally I have always thought this would be the best way to improve
Online lag is out of control in 2k its ridiculous.
But i agree about devs who have actually played the sport improving the game. We got a former qb and look at what he did for the passing game this year. Hopefully a former ol that can rework oline dline play for next year. And hopefully they get some lbs the year after that to work on gap assignments.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #60
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Some threads just can't shake that beaten horse syndrome.

The posts I enjoy reading the most are the ones that are not happy with the game in it's current state offer credible ideas and suggestions(not solutions) to the forums. Forgive me if I miss anyone, but I will read a post with passion from LBz, Bezo, Rgiles, Senator Palmer, Taz, Big, KBLover, Smoke, Gamechangers, KJ, Tyrant, Phobia etc....., again, my apologies if I left you out.

The posts I glance over are whenever there are threads like this, people tend to criticize EA and or the NFL for their football gaming misery over and over again instead of offering their ideas and suggestions.

All the above posters don't always agree or are not always on the same page, but they have one common goal, to try to suggest ways to have Madden best represent the professional sport Madden represents. All of the above posters have their area of expertise they would love to see enhanced.

The posters above, I don't feel, hate EA or the NFL, they just have a passion to help Madden become a better representation of NFL football.

I ripped Madden pretty hard in the impressions thread in the demo about the huggy feely tackling and hoped like heck they tightened that up. The retail versions look much better, IMHO.

All we can do is make the best suggestions possible. I know a few of mine have made it into the game and I'm happy about that.(as cosmetic as they may be lol)
Old 08-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #61
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Wow. Again another statement from you that can not allow me to take your opinions of sports gaming seriously. NBA 2K and Madden are not even on the same planet. NBA 2K has issues, but not even close to the legacy issues that Madden has...plus the game is playable out of the box and nobody is talking about the next years game, before the current game comes out.

As far as your opinions on the other game NFL 2K5, the videos and gameplay speak for itself. Did it have issues? of course...but again..for a game over 8years old...there is no way it should have more depth than Madden 13 in terms of franchise options, gameplay, player movement etc.

And to answer the OP, people do like enjoying their games...we just like them to work as they should and not regress year after year. And gamers should never ever lose control over a game.
Going to heavily disagree here, unless you put a sizeable amount of house rules on yourself it was nearly impossible to not be super bowl contending within a year with nearly any team. Madden 05 had a better franchise mode than NFL 2K5, the only ones I can say 2K5 beats is the next generation franchises which were barebones (which 2K5 had some depth but not all that much). Weekly shows are fairly overstated, it's a cool addition don't get me wrong but it doesn't hold audiences. I can consider that to be the only clear advantage NFL 2K5 had on any Madden, speaking directly in terms of franchise only.

The player movements were stiff and still are in current 2K games, their motion capturing is near top notch which is why people don't have such issues with their games (as opposed to EA's sub-par motion capturing) but even now, its a very heavy animation drawn game as opposed to being fluid (in terms of NBA 2K12). The whole tapping A thing also killed it a bit for me, because at times it became a game of 'picking the fastest HB and mashing A on pitches for scores'. Once again, not always happening but it was a bit too common for my tastes. The line interactions and such were better and the receiver/DB interaction at the line were better and probably still are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #62
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

The issue (for me anyways) is the constant complaints saying the same thing over and over again that always end up going to the exclusivity.
That and even when there is a thread to just discuss a positive issue those same people flood those threads with irrelevant moaning.
It waters down the threads and then you have to dig to get good feedback and suggestions.

And even the good threads get bombarded with the non help posts. Someone can say the OL needs better blocking and start a discusssion on that. Then we start getting "It's been bad for 7 years! EA doesn't get it ..I'm not buying it.... Bring back 2K.."
Then the thread gets sidetracked and a lot of good things lost due to a locked thread or buried by the countless threads that with a little time to use the SEARCH function would eliminate.

Is Madden near where I want it? Not close.
It's just I'm tired of the same rinse repeat posters that do nothing but throw out negativity with no substance or feedback to make the game better.

My future wish:
Better OL/DL blocking, a lot more atmoshpere (Players coming and leaving the field, freaking trash blowing on the field on windy games),

I want to "feel" the game as much as play it. Right now it still feels like a video game of Madden and not a game of football.
Will it get where I want it some day? Have no idea. I just know posting hate just for the sake of posting hate won't get us there.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy57
So since you said first that means that the NFL thought that EA would do a better job then any other company that approached them its funny though that people blame EA for the exclusive deal but not the NFL last time I checked 2 parties were involved in this contract.
It has nothing to do with the NFL thinking EA could do a better job, and everything to do with EA asking for an exclusive, NFL realizing there was a market and putting it up for bids, and EA outbidding everyone for it.

$$$ over quality - the perfect definition of EA Sports and Madden NFL
Old 08-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
It seems nowadays most look to find everything wrong with the game, rather than just enjoying it for what it really is, a videogame. I realize in todays technology, we expect as close of emulation to the real thing. But we often forget that games originally intended to be fun. This years Madden, like in previous ones, may not emulate the NFL perfectly and completely. But it still is a darn good representation of football, while also serving as a enjoyable gaming experience. When I want the real thing, I watch the real thing. When I want to fantasize about it, I play Madden. Simple as that.
Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2
I am with you 100% and there are some of us "true gamers" that are still around that appreciate a decent game for its positives even if it may do some bad things or not be perfect. In fact i have not played a game that has ever been perfect because replicating real life scenarios is simply impossible and if anyone has a clue to what is involved with videogame programming as i do..not that i am a video game programmer but i have made some home brew games and use to help program some indie games back in the day as a hobby with some of my online programming friends...i took some programming courses when i was younger so i have a decent feel of it so even with those simplistic games..it is damn hard to get things working right and to mimic real life situations,etc...my point is..there will never be a perfect game and i just get a bad feeling in my stomach by some of the people in here expecting Madden to replicate the X's & O's down to near perfection...it's never going to happen..NEVER!

Just enjoy the games guys..your wasting away years of being able to enjoy games. I remember i was a lot more picky with games myself when i was younger..and i would actually avoid games by another person's impressions or a website/magazines review of a game. Later on i landed up trying out some of those games i avoided and found them to be a blast to play...so thats another thing to keep in mind...NEVER EVER go by another person's impressions of a game to dictate whether you will play it or not..trust me..play it for yourself. Rent the game,etc...and go into with a unbiased attitude.

EA has done a great job with the improvements this year. There are times i get a bad taste in my mouth while playing the demo because i see things that i wonder how on earth the developers could let that slide by,etc or why certain things are the way they are..but at the end of the day i look at the positives more so than i do the negatives and i believe that is the key to enjoying games...remember to appreciate the positives more so than the negatives..and if you can do that... gaming will be much better for you. It is no different than looking at another person's positives vs negatives..if all you do is look at your wife or girlfriend's negatives...do you really think that relationship will last long? Hell no it wont...it's all in the mind...allow yourself to dictate the positivity and negativity in your mind and once you get a grip on that....your GOLDEN IN LIFE! And that really is the key to happiness..not just gaming but living life!! Get into that habit of looking for the positive aspects of the game and do not dwell so much on the negative aspects..

This is my honest opinion... i believe a lot of us..especially in America have been spoiled by the prosperity America gave us...we are use to getting our ways and getting what we want when we want it and each new generation arises in America....it's only getting worse. It never use to be this harsh in here and other other gaming forums...but over the past 15 years or so..i have seen a rise of complaining that is unprecedented compared to any time in the past...some of us just got spoiled rotten...plain and simple and demand to have our selfish desires filled.

Personally... my life and attitude changed once i began to seek God a bit more.. reading my bible showed me how we really should be in life towards one another and how to handle every day life situations..it has really inspired me to try and accept things for what they are and enjoy life and not so much focus on things...and these things even help me with gaming actually...i am not so selfish and demanding any more and i can enjoy things for what they are... Thanks to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ from the wisdom i learned from reading scripture. Yeah i know..i got way off topic huh? hahahaha

God Bless You All Though..have fun with madden 13 when it comes out!!

Last edited by Moegames; 08-18-2012 at 11:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »