Home

The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

This is a discussion on The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #297
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: The MLB 2K9 Developers Are Listening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
This is perhaps the smallest thing in the world, but I would at least like an option for us to remove it ourselves.

Anyway, you know when there's a display of OUT, SAFE, STRIKE, BALL, FOUL, etc. on screen when those things happen? I mean I can't remember for sure which ones are on screen and which ones aren't anymore these days because I haven't played the recent games enough. Anyway, I don't like them, not at all. I'm sure many people don't care, but if they don't then what's the harm in removing them for those who do care? Or at least make it an option?

I don't like to be reminded that I'm playing a video game when I'm playing, so I also always turn off names under players (hopefully you kept that option), the fly ball landing target, strike zones, etc. Bringing the text up just makes me feel like I'm back in the arcade.
Agreed. Nowadays especially, it makes little sense. You have on field umps and can see (and hear) the calls being made, so the text indications aren't even necessary.

I too, turn all these things off if I can.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #298
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10

I haven't played much the past two years, but having an Xbox 360 I desperately need a good effort from 2K this year. My favorite baseball games ever have been Earl Weaver Baseball, World Series 2k3, and MVP 06. This game has the potential to combine two of those three - it's still the 2K series and the producer who worked on MVP is now with 2K. There's not reason why this can't be at least as good as The Show.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #299
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Back on 2k7 when I co commished an online league we had a FA pool where a team could drop and pick up 1 player per week. In order for us to do this we spent a good amount of money. So this year I think it would be nice if 2k could somehow get free agents into the game for online leagues.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #300
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

If they truly are listening I have a simple question(s)....

Which game would they rather play? I know, they cannot come out and say "the show" AND keep their current employment but I am sure that they must test the competition... it only makes sense to do so.

Which one gave them more enjoyment?

Keep in mind, I do not have a PS3 (yet) so I only have the word of trusted OS'ers but it sounds like I have gotten ripped so far.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #301
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't know if anyone played Roger Clemens Baseball for SNES. One cool thing that the game offered that no one since has was a mini game for steals. If tuned from was RCB offered it could add the fun of throwing out a baserunner or someone going for two rather then have the AI decided if he is safe or not. This is of course if the AI steals in 2k9.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2009, 11:46 PM   #302
Rookie

OVR: 1

Its probably too late, but I wish 2K would pay more attention to Konami's Pro Yakyu Spirits series. Their baseball engine is quite good, especially compared to last couple of 2K outings.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:42 AM   #303
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

60FPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:03 AM   #304
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Agreed. Nowadays especially, it makes little sense. You have on field umps and can see (and hear) the calls being made, so the text indications aren't even necessary.

I too, turn all these things off if I can.
Maybe one of the reasons they put the text there is for deaf people since there are times when you can't see the ump making the call (though most of the calls are pretty obvious anyway). There are quite a few deaf people that play video games, so it probably is nice for them, but for the rest of us, it would be great to always be able to turn that stuff off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »