Home

MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #89
MVP

goosedennis's Arena

OVR: 16
re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

Just downloaded, will be posting my impressions soon.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #90
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazak
I hear people complain/compliment about things like the catcher throwing back to the pitcher, the pitcher walking around the mound, batters stepping out, etc... I'm just curious how many people actually leave that stuff turned on. Personally i just want to play the game. I always turn on the hurry up mode. I don't want a 9 inning game to take 2+ hours (or even an hour for that matter). To me that's what makes High Heat one the best baseball games ever. You could play a whole game in 20 minutes! If the pitcher/batter interface is good, there is realism (injuries, errors, etc...) and fielding is good i'm happy.
The hurry up function is no good in baseball games. Baseball is the one sport where patience is a virtue and in order to get cemented in the novelty of the sport you have to go through the little things that make it great.

Having a pitcher thow and then the batter morphin into the battings stance takes away from the game of baseball completly. That is just my opinion but I am sure many die hard fans feel the same way.

Is like in basketball games, if you hit a jumper and all of a sudden the inbounds passs does not happen and the other team is going up the court already.

It is about pagentry and it is needed in a baseball game
Old 03-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #91
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

I never noticed a frame-rate issue at any time during my time with the game for the preview I wrote -- so maybe it's just the build.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #92
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I never noticed a frame-rate issue at any time during my time with the game for the preview I wrote -- so maybe it's just the build.
It is not even a game killer and I did not notice it much after a few games. No biggie
Old 03-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by selahsdaddy
I really disliked the demo...Oh course no commentary so no immersion factor....So much for "real pitch counts" as the CPU swings at ANYTHING close to the plate....I threw 7 pitches in two 1-2-3 innings vs the Rangers....Very disappointed
Ive had completely the opposite experience. Rarely have I seen the CPU chase balls that were even just slightly off the corners.

My take:

Overall, I love it. Let's keep in mind folks that this is just a demo. Quit complaining about no subs and no commentary. The point of this demo is to highlight gameplay. Hitting is taking some getting used to. I use classic batting and Ive yet to make real good contact on a ball, but I think default pitch speed is a bit different from last year so it just comes down to me having to adjust.

Love the new camera after a hit ball by the user controlled team. The updated fielding is also very well done. Ive already had an error because of me getting the throwing meter in the red. I'm also really liking the new way the outfield plays.

Pitching is great. I thought 2k10 was a bit too accurate, and this fixes that. You can still be accurate but not be absolute pinpoint which I think is unrealistic. Also, the analog stick inputs for pitches seem to be more accurate than last year. I remember that I would get bad gestures even when pitches were thrown correctly. Not so this year.

Downsides? Shadows are a bit jagged and sometimes after an inning or something the players dont seem to know where they are going in some instances. But honestly, this could just be a byproduct of this being a demo. Overall, this demo makes me feel confident that the final version is gonna be very well executed.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #94
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
The hurry up function is no good in baseball games. Baseball is the one sport where patience is a virtue and in order to get cemented in the novelty of the sport you have to go through the little things that make it great.

Having a pitcher thow and then the batter morphin into the battings stance takes away from the game of baseball completly. That is just my opinion but I am sure many die hard fans feel the same way.

Is like in basketball games, if you hit a jumper and all of a sudden the inbounds passs does not happen and the other team is going up the court already.

It is about pagentry and it is needed in a baseball game
Iyo. Imo and many others after the first few games all the walk ups and "pagentry" as you refer to it becomes boring and useless.

I want a game that plays baseball and is fun that keeps me coming back for more. The"oither" game is slow and plodding and does not keep me personally coming back for more.

The being able to skip the pagentry quickly and complete a game in 30 to 40 min is a big part of what makes 2k the better game to me rather than 60 to near 90 min in the "other" game. That along with a much better pitcher batter interface. Again Imo
Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #95
MVP

goosedennis's Arena

OVR: 16

Pretty good so far, although I noticed taht the running isn't as fluid as it was last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #96
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialmke
Iyo. Imo and many others after the first few games all the walk ups and "pagentry" as you refer to it becomes boring and useless.

I want a game that plays baseball and is fun that keeps me coming back for more. The"oither" game is slow and plodding and does not keep me personally coming back for more.

The being able to skip the pagentry quickly and complete a game in 30 to 40 min is a big part of what makes 2k the better game to me rather than 60 to near 90 min in the "other" game. That along with a much better pitcher batter interface. Again Imo
I would agree. It's nice that they take the time to put those things into the game, and it's cool to look at them in the beginning, or every once in a while take a game slow to take in all of the "little things" they've added, but the overwhelming majority of the time when I'm playing a game, I'm skipping stuff like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »