Home

Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

This is a discussion on Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #313
ehh
Hall Of Fame
 
ehh's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 29,051
Blog Entries: 9
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Mike and Chris are having an intersting idea on the FAN right now, moving A-Rod to CF next year. I think that would be a very interesting move. He's got a great arm, got the speed, the height/length. Just see how the learning curve would be to judging flyballs off the bat and seeing how good of a jump he could get.
__________________
"You make your name in the regular season, and your fame in the postseason." - Clyde Frazier

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
ehh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:11 PM   #314
Stu
All Star
 
Stu's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,927
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Mike and Chris are having an intersting idea on the FAN right now, moving A-Rod to CF next year. I think that would be a very interesting move. He's got a great arm, got the speed, the height/length. Just see how the learning curve would be to judging flyballs off the bat and seeing how good of a jump he could get.
I don't have any doubt that A-Rod could play CF. He's a great athlete and probably could play any position well.
Stu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:42 PM   #315
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me
 
elicoleman's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 34,656
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Who would play 3B then? Russ Johnson? Damian Rolls?

Or if Womack was back next year and Cano would be willing to move to 3B, move Womack back to 2B and let Cano play 3rd?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan27
This is the 3rd time John Calipari has been to his first Final Four!
What I'm Currently Listening To
elicoleman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2005, 03:43 PM   #316
Stu
All Star
 
Stu's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,927
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
Or if Womack was back next year and Cano would be willing to move to 3B, move Womack back to 2B and let Cano play 3rd?
eek. Talk about a weak hitting infield. I think they'd want more offense out of 3B than that.
Stu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:46 PM   #317
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me
 
elicoleman's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 34,656
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

How about signing Knoblauch to play 3B, with his stellar throwing ability?

Atleast the odds of him hitting a grandma would be lessened
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan27
This is the 3rd time John Calipari has been to his first Final Four!
What I'm Currently Listening To
elicoleman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:51 PM   #318
Stu
All Star
 
Stu's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,927
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
How about signing Knoblauch to play 3B, with his stellar throwing ability?

Atleast the odds of him hitting a grandma would be lessened
I don't think he could even get it to 1B let alone the stands.
Stu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:55 PM   #319
Hall Of Fame
 
NYJets's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 18,475
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
Who would play 3B then? Russ Johnson? Damian Rolls?

Or if Womack was back next year and Cano would be willing to move to 3B, move Womack back to 2B and let Cano play 3rd?
Eric Duncan is probably still a couple of years away but maybe that could be the plan for the future. But chances are, he'll be traded soon for some old, washed up, big contract player anyway.

Is this actually being considered, or was this just an idea they came up with?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bilas
The question isn't whether UConn belongs with the elites, but over the last 20 years, whether the rest of the college basketball elite belongs with UConn
NYJets is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 04:05 PM   #320
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me
 
elicoleman's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 34,656
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

I wonder if/when they'll bring up Mitch Jones from Columbus? He tore the cover off the ball in Trenton in 02 and 03 and is on pace to do the same this year, not to mention he's average is finally getting closer to .300

Personally, I'd rather see him go to the outfield than move Arod out to center.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan27
This is the 3rd time John Calipari has been to his first Final Four!
What I'm Currently Listening To
elicoleman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 PM.

Top -