Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2006, 12:03 PM   #1201
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
I just didn't like the situation as the odds were against him. Ray is quick to the plate and Hernandez has been good throwing runners out this season. If Trot hits one into the gap, he can probably score anyways.
Agree 100%. A guy who throws 97 with a catcher that throws a lot of runners out. Bottom line, we didn't give a good fastball hitter to swing the bat against a fastball pitcher when he was ahead in the count.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2006, 09:10 PM   #1202
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Even worse that he had the hold sign...

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...end_of_streak/
Old 05-18-2006, 09:40 PM   #1203
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Looks like Snow wants out. Can't say I blame him. I don't think anybody expected Youk to catch on so quickly at 1B. I figured we'd be shipping out Snow sometime this year anyways to make more room for Hee Seop Choi who's a little more useful at the plate.

Quote:
J.T. Snow wants out of Boston, and the Red Sox are trying to swing a deal to make it happen, the Hartford Courant reports. "J.T.'s the ultimate professional," agent Dan Horwits told the newspaper. "He realizes the guys playing in front of him are doing great. If he was playing more, he wouldn't have a problem. But the fact is, he's not playing at all."
Old 05-18-2006, 11:04 PM   #1204
All Star

OVR: 25

I assumed it was only a matter of time before Snow started to make some noise. He isn't playing at all, and to be honest he really shouldn't be. Youk and Lowell have both done well and are vital to the offense so they're going to play everyday so there just isn't any room for him.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:25 AM   #1205
All Star

Two nice wins for the Sox over the Phils. How about Beckett today? 2 for 4 with a homer and 2 RBI's and he was dominating on the mound. He shouldn't have been out to start the 8th, but it didn't really cost them. Sweeping the Phils seems unlike with DiNardo going tomorrow, but anything can happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2006, 12:46 PM   #1206
MVP

OVR: 9

http://redsox247.com = Good forums n stuff check it out (I'm not trying to advertise but the forums great you guys would get along in just fine) My name there is DarkoMarco if you were wondering...
Old 05-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #1207
All Star

Sox lose today. The duo of DiNardo and Alvarez wasn't very effective. Taking two out of three from the Phils is still nice though. Yankees come to town tomorrow, is anyone else sick of these Yankees games already? 19 games are too much.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:41 PM   #1208
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

Are you kidding.Nineteen isn't enought for me.I could watch them play 100 times during a season.

Best rivalry in all of sports.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »