Home

2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #449
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbgatorade0202
Sosa does not need to be a starting pitcher anymore

Thatz all i really have to say after that game besides Chipper is gettin out of hand always gettin hurt and what is wrong with Edgar now? Geez
What's Ramirez's timetable for returning to the lineup? I agree, I think Sosa should be working out of the pen once Ramirez returns and now that Thomson is looking pretty solid in the rotation.

The Braves need to get Renterria back soon, playing both Orr and Betemit everyday isn't going to cut it.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 04-18-2006, 11:51 AM   #450
MVP

OVR: 15

Sosa probably would work better in a relief role. He wasn't lights out the first time through the lineup, but he was alot better than the second time through and on.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-18-2006, 01:00 PM   #451
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Chuck James should be given a chance to start. He is a future starter and he has good stuff. I think he can be successful. Give him the chance Bobby. Obviously none of us, even Bobby, are confident with Sosa in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2006, 01:10 PM   #452
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16

Can I just say how hilarious it is that everyone is now hopping onboard with the Mets and proclaiming them to be the almighty after one game against us? Hell, on the way into work this morning, even the sports guy on one of the local radio stations was saying that it's time the Braves start getting worried.

It's freakin April 18th!

Has everyone conveniently forgotten that we were as much as six games under .500, 5.5 games out of first, and in fourth place as late as June 25th two seasons ago?
Old 04-18-2006, 01:20 PM   #453
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGarrett7
Can I just say how hilarious it is that everyone is now hopping onboard with the Mets and proclaiming them to be the almighty after one game against us? Hell, on the way into work this morning, even the sports guy on one of the local radio stations was saying that it's time the Braves start getting worried.

It's freakin April 18th!

Has everyone conveniently forgotten that we were as much as six games under .500, 5.5 games out of first, and in fourth place as late as June 25th two seasons ago?
Exactly. I have been through this time and time. I was worried two seasons ago and we ended up with what 96 wins. It's way too early. Mets fans aren't used to this and are very hyped, very well. We know how it goes. Braves get hot in July, take the leade, everyone is surprised and then they hop on the Braves bandwagon and say why did we doubt them. It's typical. It happened the last two seasons. We're used to it.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:34 PM   #454
Why Not?

cbgatorade0202's Arena

OVR: 17

Well even tho , I dont believe to much into the Mets hype b/c there pitching in my Opinion will fall apart here sooner or later, I can promise that.

This is the first time in awhile that when the Braves started out bad a Legit Team in the Division started off as good as they could...This aint last years Nationals who we all knew would fall apart, And the Marlins of the last few years who always had the Team but just had problems beating us to the title.

I believe we still pull it out but I would not be surprised at all if this is finally the Streak ends b/c We are not as good as team as the Mets, I dont care how big of a Braves fan we all are , They have a better team and It helps when they went and signed all the good players they did

Hopefully Hudson figures out how to pitch and we pick up a good relief pitcher for the Stretch Run , And Chipper quits gettin hurt and We make a run for 90 wins and Hope that the Mets Pitching Falls apart

I mean honestly out of the 8 starting positions how many spots Do the Mets have a better player at..I believe we have a better 2nd Baseman and a Better Centerfielder...Even tho they have a top 3 CF

Starting Pitching I still believe ours is al il stronger but As of now It definatly dont look like that

Bullpen, I give them the Advantage b/c they actually have a closer
Old 04-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #455
MVP

OVR: 15

I wonder if when the market really starts opening up, if Smoltz would be willing to be the closer for the final couple months if it looks like it'll be easier/cheaper to nab a starter or two.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2006, 02:12 PM   #456
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbgatorade0202
Well even tho , I dont believe to much into the Mets hype b/c there pitching in my Opinion will fall apart here sooner or later, I can promise that.

This is the first time in awhile that when the Braves started out bad a Legit Team in the Division started off as good as they could...This aint last years Nationals who we all knew would fall apart, And the Marlins of the last few years who always had the Team but just had problems beating us to the title.

I believe we still pull it out but I would not be surprised at all if this is finally the Streak ends b/c We are not as good as team as the Mets, I dont care how big of a Braves fan we all are , They have a better team and It helps when they went and signed all the good players they did

Hopefully Hudson figures out how to pitch and we pick up a good relief pitcher for the Stretch Run , And Chipper quits gettin hurt and We make a run for 90 wins and Hope that the Mets Pitching Falls apart

I mean honestly out of the 8 starting positions how many spots Do the Mets have a better player at..I believe we have a better 2nd Baseman and a Better Centerfielder...Even tho they have a top 3 CF

Starting Pitching I still believe ours is al il stronger but As of now It definatly dont look like that

Bullpen, I give them the Advantage b/c they actually have a closer
Andruw over Carlos
Francouer over Nady, although it's close
Giles over Hernandez
Delgado over LaRoche
Wright over Chipper
La Duca over McCann

The others are close. Floyd is not what he once was and Langerhans is improving by game. Reyes is good but so is Renteria, I call that a draw. Maybe a slight edge to Reyes because he'll steal bases.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »