Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2007, 08:55 AM   #761
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

That was the first run Soriano had given up in a long while though! I understand that Wickman is our closer but sometimes he just doesn't have it our there. Yeah, he's earned that role over his career but still you guys have to admit that he scares you to death. I know too that Bobby has said that Wickman is their guy to close games but you also know that Bobby can make some sudden decisions too. I'm not trying to get Wickman out totally as our closer but I'd like to see Soriano have some more chances to close games because of his numbers & dominate stuff. Soriano is still pretty young & Wickman has earned his role so I understand you guys thinking too.

We finally got a win last night. Escobar came through with a big hit for us. It's good to see Chipper back in the fold too now. Let's hope Hudson is OK after that hit to the leg. We can't afford for him to miss any time because of our pitching situation. I'm looking for a deal to be done sometime in the near future for some pitching & possibly a 1B. Thanks guys!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2007, 07:00 PM   #762
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

That's more like it Braves. We take game two 6-2 & saved Wickman for another day. Renty goes 5-5 today with a dinger. On the other hand, Andruw has another big fat 0fer. Smoltz goes 6 strong innings to take the win. We will actually win a series. What do you know?
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 06-16-2007, 07:18 PM   #763
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

The Braves picked a VERY good series to win.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:24 PM   #764
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

They need to keep this up and get the next one against BOS. Then the schedule will get easier.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #765
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Andruw Jones sucks.

Carmona has pitched one hell of a game, still we had some chances, and couldn't capitalize. Davies got killed late.

EDIT: Umps suck, Andruw sucks, and I hate Michaels. That is all.

Last edited by cjonesfan921; 06-17-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #766
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Either trade or bench Andruw. He will not step into a pitch when he knows they are pitching him away.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:52 PM   #767
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Either trade or bench Andruw. He will not step into a pitch when he knows they are pitching him away.
Do you honestly think Andruw would get benched? I agree that he is struggling terribly but his defense & veteran skills will keep him in the lineup. I've seen Andruw go into some slumps but this is getting very bothersome indeed. He is flirting with the mendoza line but he still has 11HR & 42RBI so he has done a little. He needs to step it up period.

I don't think they are gonna trade him either because he is a FA at years end. And, they have nobody else that can play CF like he can. Harris can probably play there but isn't gonna provide any numbers in the HR & RBI department. Diaz is really a LF or RF so he's out of the question & they have no other CF in the minors that can step in right away.

Let's just hope Andruw can get out of this terrible funk he's in right now. We need him to provide for us a bad way the rest of the season. Chipper is back now & looks pretty good so we need him & Andruw to lead us down the road. Right now, Renty is our leader & has the capability of doing so too. Right now, Renty is our team MVP. GO BRAVES!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 06-17-2007, 11:10 PM   #768
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

We're getting fairly close to the middle of the season. At what point does Andruw's batting go from being a slump to him just not being able to hit? He's not even hitting home runs as he's only projected to finish the season with 26.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »