Home

2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

This is a discussion on 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2007, 11:46 PM   #729
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Yeah, they had already made the decision before the first game. With Cormier back, the rotation's full, they just needed Carlyle for the DH... 'course they could've kept him in the 'pen, but obviously chose otherwise.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:45 AM   #730
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

I don't know the option situation on Carlyle but if there are any team options then he could be back soon. If Cormier can't do any better than his previous start then Carlyle is just a short phonecall away. Carlyle looked good in his last start so it wouldn't take much to get him called back up. Cormier still is the front-runner due to his experience plus he's done good in the past but I's worried about him with his injury problems.

Why did we call up Boyer? I haven't checked the team site but we didn't really need anyone else in the bullpen unless someone is injured or sent down that I didn't know about. I know Poronto hasn't been doing too well plus Moylan has been struggling lately.

The Chipper situation is beginning to worry me now. He can't even grip a bat is the report. It has been quite a while since that incidence at Pittsburgh so we should be concerned. Escobar is filling in nicely over there at 3B. I see more playing time for Salty at 1B now with Thorman struggling. Also, Salty is gonna be playing at C more with McCann's problems with his finger & not playing as well in the fielding area. McCann is having problems blocking pitches unlike I have ever seen out of him. He's not throwing the ball well either but I think this is mostly due to his finger still bothering him. Thanks guys! GO BRAVES!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 06-06-2007, 04:04 PM   #731
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm not as concerned about Chipper as I would be if Escobar wasn't filling in admirably. Let Chipper rest. We need him for August, September, and hopefully well into October.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2007, 04:47 PM   #732
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
I'm not as concerned about Chipper as I would be if Escobar wasn't filling in admirably. Let Chipper rest. We need him for August, September, and hopefully well into October.
You mis-understood what I'm implying about Chipper. I agree that Escobar can ge the job done & let Chipper rest. What I am worried about is Chipper getting back healthy enough to play period. This isn't good when you have his type injury & still not be able to grasp a bat after this amount of time. I understand that the Braves are going to be cautious with Chipper but this is certainly not good news. In the meantime, let's get back to playing good baseball because the Marlins put it on us pretty good. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 06-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #733
Why Not?

cbgatorade0202's Arena

OVR: 17

I actually completely disagree ...This team needs Chipper Jones playing for us to win. I don't care how good Escobar does he will not bring anything close to the table this year that Chipper can and should be.

Were slowly falling apart with Chipper out and he needs to get back soon.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #734
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

What the Braves need to get back to playing good teams. They are falling apart against the bad teams.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #735
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbgatorade0202
I actually completely disagree ...This team needs Chipper Jones playing for us to win. I don't care how good Escobar does he will not bring anything close to the table this year that Chipper can and should be.

Were slowly falling apart with Chipper out and he needs to get back soon.
Agree! We need Chipper back!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #736
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Ugh, 1 pitch in and we're down 1-0.

EDIT: 2-0 after a half-inning... actually a pretty good job by Cormier to limit the damage after he got into a mess with the bases loaded and nobody out.

Last edited by bravosfan; 06-08-2007 at 07:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »