Home

Toronto Blue Jays 2012

This is a discussion on Toronto Blue Jays 2012 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #65
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Toronto Blue Jays 2012

Another frustrating loss to the Rays. It seems like this year the Jays' weaknesses as a team are being amplified by their opponents. In the past it seems like the club had a tradition of those weaker pieces pleasantly over-achieving. Might be nothing to it—just a personal feeling.

The outfield situation of the Thames/Davis platoon and Rasmus will be interesting to follow for another month. I'm eager see what kind of offensive production comes out of these three. I like Hutchison, but a legitimate arm is needed for the starting rotation. The apparition that is Dustin McGowan may never materialize (at least it's not his arm, but a foot is a huge deal for a pitcher as well). I'm sure AA will add a few parts in the next two months. I'm curious to see what gets addressed and for how much .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I think Russ Adams was taken ahead of a guy who's a superstar right now. Unfortunately I can't remember for sure but I remember when Adams was around there was a lot of grousing from the fans.
According to wikipedia he was drafted ahead of: Scott Kazmir, Nick Swisher, Cloe Hamels, Jeff Francoeur, Matt Cain, and Joey Votto. What an inexact science.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 05-22-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Rasmus triple FTW!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #67
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Romero's line is great until you get to the BB. 2 hits allowed in 6 IP with 7! walks.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #68
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
Romero's line is great until you get to the BB. 2 hits allowed in 6 IP with 7! walks.
His command has been frustrating all season I'd say. If he's not getting you out he's walking you. Clearly some mechanical issues. Long season and they'll probably get cleaned up in a few starts.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #69
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm a little confused by the bevy of roster moves the Jays have made today. As far as I know Yan Gomes is still on the big club but they brought up David Cooper so presumably he's going to get some time at 1B does this mean that Gomes is going to actually do some catching in the bigs?

I guess it's possible since that's his #1 position but I dunno....Oh well we'll see what happens. BTW from what i'm hearing Vladdy should be called up by early June. Ben Francisco's days with the club are numbered IMO.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #70
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Ashby or Tabler? I enjoy the banter between Martinez and Ashby which is sometimes lacked between Buck and Pat.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 06-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #71
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Ashby or Tabler? I enjoy the banter between Martinez and Ashby which is sometimes lacked between Buck and Pat.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
I think they're both pretty good color guys. The tv broadcast booth is in really good shape these days. The likes of Jamie Campbell doing pbp and even Joe Carter doing color are long forgotten. I enjoy Zaun's insights, but hopefully we've seen the last of the Jose Cruz Jr. experiment.

So, the rotation has basically been destroyed in the past week. Pretty unprecedented stuff. Payback from the baseball gods for the "man in white" maybe?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #72
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36
I don't know why it didn't occur to me to post in here earlier. I'm a big Jays fan. Personally loving the 1-2 punch of Lawrie-Rasmus. I think we should stay patient with the pitching. I say we sign Rich Harden if he's healthy. Maybe claim Livan Hernandez, move Chad Jenkins or Deck McGuire up to AAA for 5 games, and if they do OK, get rid of Hernandez for McGuire/Jenkins. Thoughts? I just don't think we need a Hamels/Garza right now. Wouldn't mind Grienke, but not a need. Not liking Cecil or Alvarez.

Does anyone really care where I sent this from?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »