Home

Bobhead's Sliders

This is a discussion on Bobhead's Sliders within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Bobhead's Sliders

Bobhead just started a new franchise and I am rolling with these.

I use meter pitching though and All Star difficulty on hitting and pitching.

Ill let you know what turns out.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 9

yeah I am aware of the patch and the knuke and I didn't have problems with it at all before I made the latest changes in the sliders that was why I specifically asked what you think might be involved there.

EDIT: I solved it by increasing pitcher control by one notch just for the knuker
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread

Last edited by HechticSooner; 06-04-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictred
Here’s my latest update after 20 games playing with the Yankees.

The only differences to your current sliders are
1) I've now moved HUM contact from 4 to 5 (changed it after 18 games);
2) HUM Pitcher control and consistency at 4;
3) I’ve kept CPU foul frequency at 2.

hitting's at all-star, pitching's at HOF.

Record: 6-14

[etc etc...]

My pitching’s improved a lot and seems to be getting to about where it should be, but my hitting’s gone south. And although my averages for walks and extra base hits average are pretty realistic, my batting average – especially with risp – is pathetic. And I've lost a lot of games by one or two runs.
That’s why I’ve moved HUM contact the last couple of games up to 5.
Any thoughts/suggestions, bobhead (or anyone else)?
Your stats look good, and pretty close to mine. I'm hitting a little better, and pitching a little worse, but I'm still ahead of the pack in ERA (I'm using the Rays though, so I'd think that's to be expected).

However like you, I was also struggling with RISP. I've been playing around with CPU Consistency at 1, and I've been doing a lot better lately, but I honestly think it is a coincidence. I also have 3 or 4 players "hot" right now - the first time all season my lineup hasn't been full of snowflakes. Now that my team has somewhat caught fire, I'm going to keep playing a few games with Consistency where it is (at 2), and see how things pan out.

My advice to you would just be to try to maintain good at bats. Momentum/Confidence is an extremely powerful factor - for all players, not just pitchers - I could be wrong, but I really think struggling with RISP has as much to do with being "cold" as it does with any slider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
I was in the 6-7 hits per game camp also.What i have done instead of increasing hitting sliders is lower the computer fielder reaction slider by 1 back to default. For me it has increased the hits to the 8,9,10 mark per game without leading to more HR's or Doubles, it just lets the ball get through the infield for the extra few hits without the infielders gobbling everything up when it was at 6.

Bob, excellent sliders i am not sure why i strayed away from them originally but have had some cracking games thru the last 10 or so.
Only changes i have made are the one above and pitch speed to 4....i just can't live with it at default never mind at 6!!
Thanks for the compliment, and funny because I've played about my last seven games with Reaction decreased as well (I actually played with it at 4, but I like how default feels so far). I had raised it because of the huge cut to fielder speed, but I felt outfielders were getting too good of a jump on balls. They were breaking too quickly after contact, so I brought it back down.

Also I've been playing with Pitch Speed at 5 lately also. 6 was just too exhausting for a 162 game season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictred
ok, I might try that method, although many seem to be worried about dropping reaction with fielder run speed and arm strength reduced...
oh, and I forgot to say that I've also got pitch speed at 4!
Yeah almost everyone else has reaction at 6 or 7, and their logic seemed sound so I didn't really second guess it since its not a very important slider, but I really do prefer default.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #84
Pro

OVR: 24

Made a change to Timing again (sorry). I felt both sides weren't getting beat by enough pitches, particularly the CPU, who a handful of times completely misread a pitch in both location and timing, and still fouled it off.

The Timing change on the Human side was simply to keep it even, and because I lowered Pitch Speed back to 5.

Reaction was cut back to default because outfielders were breaking too early.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:43 AM   #85
MVP

jr86's Arena

Bob, this is not a knock on your sliders but just an observation and will post it here as i am using yours.
Is anyone getting the a decent amount of runs scored every game in general?
What i mean is while i can get a lot of the batting stats to match up with real life numbers (hits,doubles,hr's) over a number of games the runs just are not there. Thru the 10 game stretch i just did i hit 35runs so a good bit down on where it should be.
Now maybe this is on me not driving in the runners when i have them in scoring position....?
So then i tried raising solid hits to 4 and contact to 5 and bang 18 runs in 3 games but then it led to 29hits/8 doubles/5hr's for the series and a .289 average.
Like i said it is not just this particular slider set but it happens pretty much in every set i have tried where if i use them as they are laid out, stats are good but not runs and then when i raise the hitting sliders, runs are good but the other stats get skewed.
Thoughts/Ideas?

Last edited by jr86; 06-05-2011 at 04:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2011, 04:13 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Your stats look good, and pretty close to mine. I'm hitting a little better, and pitching a little worse, but I'm still ahead of the pack in ERA (I'm using the Rays though, so I'd think that's to be expected).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead

However like you, I was also struggling with RISP. I've been playing around with CPU Consistency at 1, and I've been doing a lot better lately, but I honestly think it is a coincidence. I also have 3 or 4 players "hot" right now - the first time all season my lineup hasn't been full of snowflakes. Now that my team has somewhat caught fire, I'm going to keep playing a few games with Consistency where it is (at 2), and see how things pan out.

My advice to you would just be to try to maintain good at bats. Momentum/Confidence is an extremely powerful factor - for all players, not just pitchers - I could be wrong, but I really think struggling with RISP has as much to do with being "cold" as it does with any slider.

Thanks for the compliment, and funny because I've played about my last seven games with Reaction decreased as well (I actually played with it at 4, but I like how default feels so far). I had raised it because of the huge cut to fielder speed, but I felt outfielders were getting too good of a jump on balls. They were breaking too quickly after contact, so I brought it back down.

Also I've been playing with Pitch Speed at 5 lately also. 6 was just too exhausting for a 162 game season.

Yeah almost everyone else has reaction at 6 or 7, and their logic seemed sound so I didn't really second guess it since its not a very important slider, but I really do prefer default.
thanks for the input, bobhead. I've begun a new franchise to get a fresh start. I've been playing with contact at 5 and pitch speed at 4 and getting better hitting results, but maybe I'll try your adjustments to cpu pitch consistency and fielder reaction instead and see what happens. in any case, I'm still able to get good at bats (I had a 12-pitch at-bat with jeter yesterday that ended in a walk!).
also, one thing I've been noticing - I became especially aware of it since the real-life yankees got a lot of them in a game I watched a few days ago - is that you almost never see those bloop pop-fly hits that land in no-man's land between the infield and outfield. as you say, it seems that the fielder reaction time is just too quick, and the outfielders just run in and settle under the ball.

are you guys seeing any of those types of hits now with reduced fielder reaction?

Last edited by erictred; 06-05-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #87
MVP

jr86's Arena

So i just finished up another 3 game series v the Angels with the changes i have made 2 posts back.

L 3-10
W 6-0
W5-4

Runs-14
Hits - 31
Doubles -11
HR's-2
BB-8

So basically this is continuing the theme as before. Runs are right in line with where they should be but this time doubles are too high with the Hr's being in range. Hits are a tad too high but not over the top and BB's are good too.
I think i am just going to have to realize that i cannot get everything to line up and just accept it as is. This was a great series and i scored 2 in the bottom of the 9th of the final game to take the series so it dosen't get much better than that!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #88
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
So i just finished up another 3 game series v the Angels with the changes i have made 2 posts back.

L 3-10
W 6-0
W5-4

Runs-14
Hits - 31
Doubles -11
HR's-2
BB-8

So basically this is continuing the theme as before. Runs are right in line with where they should be but this time doubles are too high with the Hr's being in range. Hits are a tad too high but not over the top and BB's are good too.
I think i am just going to have to realize that i cannot get everything to line up and just accept it as is. This was a great series and i scored 2 in the bottom of the 9th of the final game to take the series so it dosen't get much better than that!
One thing that you absolutely have to remember about baseball is that in a small sample size you will see MAJOR fluctuations and only have you look at a whole season can you really even get close to seeing if the numbers truly match up.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »