Home

MLB 09 The Show Blog - Online Season Leagues and Improvements

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show Blog - Online Season Leagues and Improvements within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Producer Blog is UP! - Online Info

I wish somebody would give Backbreaker his pacifier already. If your getting frustrated with SCEA not showing videos than buy 2k9, those guys have 50 videos out right now.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 11

To be honest, it will be a few weeks before we find out if online is working right. We have to wait for everyone to get the game, and everyone to hammer the Sony servers playing this game. This is something that I bet the devs are more nervous about than anything else as they have to wait until it's released to the public to find out if their online "fixes" worked. You can't test for this pre-release. Hopefully it works. I never play online as I'm not an online type of person, but if it works, great. If it doesn't, it's not going to affect me.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Camera angles didn't make it there where cut towards the end technical difficulties
That shouldn't be a real sticking point for people because you guys have solid game play throughout and thats the most important part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
I see no confirmation of camera angles...
Camera angles is one of the main things I want to know about online since I would like to hit from the offset batting cam.[Edit] Started posting before Russell answered the camera angle question.

Secondly, I wanted to know about being able to edit sliders online because stealing will still be broken if you can't edit sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Man...why all the hate!?

Some guys are very interested in this.
The flex schedule and online draft with the queue is big to guys in online leagues.

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah, I don't get the hate about online either. I played a lot online last year and at least 85% of the games were smooth after that first real bad week or two (and I only have 1.5mbps DSL).

The issue I have with the draft is that it's hard to have a big league filled with dedicated players. I would love to do the a draft league but only with a completely full league of dedicated players because if it's not a full team league, every team will be full of superstars because only at most half of the major league players will be used.

Last edited by Phoenixmgs; 02-23-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #37
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
To be honest, it will be a few weeks before we find out if online is working right. We have to wait for everyone to get the game, and everyone to hammer the Sony servers playing this game. This is something that I bet the devs are more nervous about than anything else as they have to wait until it's released to the public to find out if their online "fixes" worked. You can't test for this pre-release. Hopefully it works. I never play online as I'm not an online type of person, but if it works, great. If it doesn't, it's not going to affect me.

Bingo it will be better than last year but after that can't really say much, I'm crossing my fingers like everyone else. However framerate problems of the past won't be an issue. The jumping pitch meter is gone. There are also plenty of other features and tweaks to online but that's another blog post.

If online is bad this year I'll be pissed as well I only play online and RTTS.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #38
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Russell,

As far a creating online leagues, will there be an additional setting this year to enforce 3/4/5-man pitch rotations or will this fall to the honor system as in previous years?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkibbles
I wish somebody would give Backbreaker his pacifier already. If your getting frustrated with SCEA not showing videos than buy 2k9, those guys have 50 videos out right now.
Make sure its jolly rancher pacifier I really like those, apple or cherry is my preference.

Last edited by backbreaker; 02-23-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
Well their is a way to get around those funky issues, its called a beta online phase I've participated in numerous Killzone 2, Resistance, and Little Big Planet. If you have a known issue such as online play unplayable and the only way to make sure its at least average get some redeem codes out to people so they can play and give you some feedback. It worked well with resistance and killzone 2. Then you can be a little more definitive in your answer with some real world evidence.

I was in the Warhawk beta and used my ps3 as a server all the time. I just don't get the wait and see attitude.

Last edited by backbreaker; 02-23-2009 at 10:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »