Home

RTTS Crash and Burn

This is a discussion on RTTS Crash and Burn within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-18-2009, 03:17 AM   #113
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: RTTS Crash and Burn

I have no doubt SCEA knows about this issue and that they WILL fix it. This is a team that is loyal to its customers and will come through. I have no doubt about it.

As the developer said earlier, they are on a break (well deserved IMO) until the end of the month and then they will work on the patch.

I am playing Killzone 2 and NBA 2k9 until this is fixed - and that is just fine by me. I don't want them to rush it and make sure that they fix as much as possible.

MLB: The Show series was the sole reason I purchased the PS3 and they won't let us down.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:18 AM   #114
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkleafGoJays
I was under the impression "Bumping" threads was not allowed at OS, add something or let it die, nature of the beast.
That is probably true for useless threads or for which things are already answered/problems solved. I think this could be an exception...hopefully..?
Old 03-18-2009, 03:25 AM   #115
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
I have no doubt SCEA knows about this issue and that they WILL fix it. This is a team that is loyal to its customers and will come through. I have no doubt about it.

As the developer said earlier, they are on a break (well deserved IMO) until the end of the month and then they will work on the patch.

I am playing Killzone 2 and NBA 2k9 until this is fixed - and that is just fine by me. I don't want them to rush it and make sure that they fix as much as possible.

MLB: The Show series was the sole reason I purchased the PS3 and they won't let us down.
Russell posted earlier in this thread and is aware of the issue. The dev team is taking a much needed vacation, but they will look into it once they get back.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 03-18-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 04:14 AM   #116
Pro

OVR: 16

Tally another one up for having a broken RTTS. I started up a new one now. The key is to have multiple saves. One save is broken and the other simmed right over the day that wouldn't sim on the broken save. It's a little disappointing, but I'm sure they'll get it fixed.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm following up from my post on page 1. My issue wasn't crashing - it was just stopping/not progressing past April 18, 2009 as a SP in Detroit's AA system. I was using downloaded rosters from the sharing system online - March 8th versions.

I went in and deleted all my data related to The Show...all rosters, game saves, etc.

I re-started a new RTTS with the exact same setup...SP in Detroit's farm system. I didn't manually update any rosters - I DID go online and download the automatic downloaded rosters that you need to use to play online games - the standardized ones. That would have been as of Friday night the 13th, I believe.

I then loaded that roster as my active roster when I started my RTTS, and I just finished Spring Training for the 2014 season, and I haven't had it lock up/crash yet. Because I'm gunshy from the first experience, I've been saving separate files almost 3-4 times a month. I probably need to go in and delete some of those older files...hehe.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #118
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshadow11
Scary considering how much time goes into the RTTS mode. I have stayed up until 3 AM many nights trying to get my player a little bit better. I will be shocked if SCEA doesn't fix this. It's just the agitation of having to put off my career until a patch comes out.
Never really had gotten into RRTS until this year. Man I've been staying up late constantly trying to get my guy to the bigs. This game is great and hopefully this so called crash n burn crap doesn't happen to me. *Knocks on wood* BTW 5 years later and I finally reach 100 posts!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #119
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30

I can't wait for this to get fixed
Old 03-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #120
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashanova
I can't wait for this to get fixed
I feel like I'm in limbo; I get home and want to work on my career in RTTS, but I don't want to end up wasting time. I'm afraid if I put hours more into it and it crashes or won't progress, I'll never go back to the career. Heck, I'm still working on my '08 career. I would love to be able to carry over my '08 career to The Show '09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »