Home

OS Realism Roster for MLB 15 The Show

This is a discussion on OS Realism Roster for MLB 15 The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2015, 10:01 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: OS Realism Roster for MLB 15 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Curious to see what this looks like - have you guys added in all the SCEA update players so they transfer over properly for next year?
It became less of a consideration to add the SCEA updated players because the ones added after we release the roster wouldn't be accounted for and there's no guarantee that next year's game will follow the same format.

However, we will include the SCEA versions of players such as Emmanuel Burriss, Chris Volstad, Gorkys Hernandez, etc. with face/equipment edits because they will have the proper service time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2015, 10:40 PM   #26
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Did you guys use any stats for ratings that are not "conventional" by OSFM calculator standards eg ZSwing% for discipline as opposed to something like BB/550 PA? I'd be impressed if you did but wouldn't put it past you either!
Old 07-09-2015, 10:41 PM   #27
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Curious to see what this looks like - have you guys added in all the SCEA update players so they transfer over properly for next year?
I think for guys with no service time/stats before this year (Kris Bryant, Miguel Sano etc..) there may not be much benefit to adding in the SCEA generics over the CAPs. If a face is done better by Mo or teeds than even a SCEA face scan can get it, are we really losing anything? Maybe if there's a weird audio name is all I can think of. If anything we could be gaining by leaving it as a CAP because, as a CAP, the player will remain fully editable in the future. I think there are pros and cons to either scenario. But, of course, if SCEA would just let us import/export whoever we want instead of just CAPs from whatever file type we want, then that would be the ultimate solution.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:44 PM   #28
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
Did you guys use any stats for ratings that are not "conventional" by OSFM calculator standards eg ZSwing% for discipline as opposed to something like BB/550 PA? I'd be impressed if you did but wouldn't put it past you either!
No, it's mostly more meat and potatoes metrics for batting and pitching. Walk rates, strikeout rates, HR rates...etc..
Old 07-11-2015, 08:37 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Out of curiosity do the lower potentials for prospects make prospects less useful in franchise trading(better prospects to acquire the same MLB player?
Old 07-11-2015, 08:48 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeds
It became less of a consideration to add the SCEA updated players because the ones added after we release the roster wouldn't be accounted for and there's no guarantee that next year's game will follow the same format.

However, we will include the SCEA versions of players such as Emmanuel Burriss, Chris Volstad, Gorkys Hernandez, etc. with face/equipment edits because they will have the proper service time.
Just curious teed do you follow milb games do you try to adjust line up and rotation.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:37 PM   #31
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

Maybe I missed it in the summary, but will these also include pitch edits? I've been holding out for an opening day set. Sounds like a great roster you have coming!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2015, 10:11 PM   #32
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntait1
Out of curiosity do the lower potentials for prospects make prospects less useful in franchise trading(better prospects to acquire the same MLB player?
I don't use the game's trade logic to begin with so I wouldn't know. Playing with 30-team control/force trades on and running your trades by the trade discussion thread if you have questions is really the only way to play realistically. The game's well known, very broken trade logic accepting or declining a deal shouldn't really mean anything to anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merg311
Maybe I missed it in the summary, but will these also include pitch edits? I've been holding out for an opening day set. Sounds like a great roster you have coming!
Yep...I did the pitch edits, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
-expanded pitch edits: I've added 20% more pitchers and updated rookie starters since the original pitch edits came out and will update the spreadsheet when our roster comes out

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »