Home

OS Realism Roster for MLB 15 The Show

This is a discussion on OS Realism Roster for MLB 15 The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2015, 10:47 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: OS Realism Roster for MLB 15 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc023
Just curious teed do you follow milb games do you try to adjust line up and rotation.
It's not something I've given much thought to this year. I was more concerned with getting players assigned to the proper levels as accurately as possible given we're not strictly 100% AAA and AA. I don't want to say for certain but I doubt that I'll set lineups and rotations for minor leaguers. It's even more time consuming to do now because we're sticking to major and minor league opening day.

Some things are best left up to the individual user. We're already taking care of the hard part.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:17 AM   #34
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

OVR: 0

I can't wait for this set to drop. I'm playing exhibition games preparing to jump right into Franchise.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Atlanta Hawks
Old 07-12-2015, 04:26 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I don't use the game's trade logic to begin with so I wouldn't know. Playing with 30-team control/force trades on and running your trades by the trade discussion thread if you have questions is really the only way to play realistically. The game's well known, very broken trade logic accepting or declining a deal shouldn't really mean anything to anybody.
Thanks for the reply; I'm wondering what you do after opening day when players progress and potentials change. After a year or two it gets tricky because drafted players are thrown in, and the players you started with have stats and ratings that may make them more or less valuable(I like to base trading off of stats, not just ratings since I think stats are what really matters in baseball.) Thanks for any help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2015, 05:46 PM   #36
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

FWIW, using Willard's roster I have found the sim stats start going quickly into the pitchers favor well before any drafted pitchers would start affecting them. The sim stats after season one are really accurate using Willard's roster but after each successive year they go quickly to pitcher dominance.

I do rerate the potential of all SP's drafted after every season and change drafted CP to RP, but I really feel the base starting roster with lower SP potentials is the most important thing to help keep the league balanced.

I also wonder about raising potential of some MiLB hitters as well as some of the hitting ratings. Most of the drafted hitters that I have seen have success get drafted with terrible fielding ratings but good to great hitting ratings including vision and discipline. So their overall rating isn't high because of the terrible defense but they still progress because they can hit the heck out of the ball.

Anyhow, just some thoughts. I am not a roster guy so I will just eagerly await WTNY work.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:10 PM   #37
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntait1
Thanks for the reply; I'm wondering what you do after opening day when players progress and potentials change. After a year or two it gets tricky because drafted players are thrown in, and the players you started with have stats and ratings that may make them more or less valuable(I like to base trading off of stats, not just ratings since I think stats are what really matters in baseball.) Thanks for any help!
I'm not trying to be facetious here, but I don't do anything. At that point I am playing my franchise and not trying to overcomplicate things and worry about every little detail. The idea/hope is that this roster will be solid enough out of the box that you can do the same, although perfection remains an unrealistic goal and this will remain just a video game/rough facsimile of real life (despite the title, heh).

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachchris
FWIW, using Willard's roster I have found the sim stats start going quickly into the pitchers favor well before any drafted pitchers would start affecting them. The sim stats after season one are really accurate using Willard's roster but after each successive year they go quickly to pitcher dominance.

I do rerate the potential of all SP's drafted after every season and change drafted CP to RP, but I really feel the base starting roster with lower SP potentials is the most important thing to help keep the league balanced.

I also wonder about raising potential of some MiLB hitters as well as some of the hitting ratings. Most of the drafted hitters that I have seen have success get drafted with terrible fielding ratings but good to great hitting ratings including vision and discipline. So their overall rating isn't high because of the terrible defense but they still progress because they can hit the heck out of the ball.

Anyhow, just some thoughts. I am not a roster guy so I will just eagerly await WTNY work.
Yep, it goes beyond messing around with potentials, that's for sure. It's hard to begrudge Willard's roster, though, because the intent of that roster is really just a re-rate of the MLB players and guys knocking on the door that also happen to have ZiPS projections. That roster, going back to the Hybrid days, has never really tried to pin down how to fix the OSFM ratings although sometimes adjustments were made anyway.

In this roster, we've tweaked the /9 stuff for minor league pitchers and that's been essential as well as sprucing up the minor league batters in subtle ways.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:10 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachchris

Have you simulated multiple seasons with other rosters to see if the pitching dominate profession happens as well? I have not tried it and just wondering if it is a Hybrid thing, or all OFSM rosters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #39
Just started!

Icon12 Re: OS Realism Roster for MLB 15 The Show

how do i get the current mlb rosters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Old 07-12-2015, 08:13 PM   #40
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitwise
Have you simulated multiple seasons with other rosters to see if the pitching dominate profession happens as well? I have not tried it and just wondering if it is a Hybrid thing, or all OFSM rosters?

Check out some of the ratings in both rosters for minor leaguers and if they are the same that will give you your answer I'd think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta75
how do i get the current mlb rosters

This really doesn't have anything to do with this roster or thread, but all you have to do to get the current MLB rosters is select "Save Live Roster" from the Data Utility tile in the main menu. Then you need to load those rosters in order to use them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »