Home

Ridins Full Minors roster information

This is a discussion on Ridins Full Minors roster information within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2021, 02:00 PM   #89
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Ridins Full Minors roster information

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Wow, no idea that Ridin and team started over with the Friday's roster update... Crazy they'll have it out this week after starting over.
Looks like they’ll be announcing the official date on tonight’s stream.
Old 05-03-2021, 02:10 PM   #90
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I don't really understand why Overalls are still a thing in sports games at all. At most, it should be like a grade. The difference between an 89 and a 90 right fielder can really just come down to what you personally value in that spot. If you prefer more defense, it may be one player, if you prefer overall hitting, it may be another, and if you like more versatility it could be another. Overall ratings in sports games haven't made sense in a long time imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Without a number assigned to overall CPU roster and contract management would be a mess. There would be no way for the CPU to be able to make smart decisions and analyze every attribute when signing or negotiating with players. Unfortunately SDs franchise engine is not advanced enough for that.

The show used to not have overalls. But this was back in the ‘06-‘07 days when players would not regress or progress and were pretty much stuck with the same ratings over an entire franchise career
Old 05-03-2021, 02:46 PM   #91
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Without a number assigned to overall CPU roster and contract management would be a mess. There would be no way for the CPU to be able to make smart decisions and analyze every attribute when signing or negotiating with players. Unfortunately SDs franchise engine is not advanced enough for that.

The show used to not have overalls. But this was back in the ‘06-‘07 days when players would not regress or progress and were pretty much stuck with the same ratings over an entire franchise career
Another theory for this too... I Ama diehard baseball/ football, basketball fan. Ii have tried to pick up Fifa and NHL over time and that whole FOG of war thing makes franchise like near impossible for me lol So yea, ID personally love this that sort of rating system but I think it may be a tall task for a casual. I mean, even OOTP is kind of overwhelming for me sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2021, 04:50 PM   #92
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
Another theory for this too... I Ama diehard baseball/ football, basketball fan. Ii have tried to pick up Fifa and NHL over time and that whole FOG of war thing makes franchise like near impossible for me lol So yea, ID personally love this that sort of rating system but I think it may be a tall task for a casual. I mean, even OOTP is kind of overwhelming for me sometimes.
I get you. But the problem with not having an overall is the CPU and the franchise engine as a whole is not complex enough to quantify a players value. Without the overall there is no way for the CPU to differentiate value between say A) Kevin Kiermiaer, Amazing defense, serviceable speed, okay contact and little power who won’t strike out or walk that much vs a guy like say B) Rhyshoskins. Big power, average contact, no value on defense of on the bases path, who will strike out a ton but also take a bunch of walks.

The computer would value either one or the other and create great imbalance. The overall allows the CPU to view KK and RH as players of similar value who just happen to do different t things based on overall value.

I am all for fog of war like NHL has. But after scouting for a few months, and playing a few seasons you pretty much know everyone’s overall by that time essentially eliminating the fog of war

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 05-03-2021 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:37 PM   #93
Banned

Rosters are releasing Friday along with 30 minor league stadiums!
Old 05-04-2021, 09:34 AM   #94
Rookie

[quote=lemarflacco;2050373636]Rosters are releasing Friday along with 30 minor league stadiums![/QUOTE

Will there be a thread listing all the minor league stadiums?
Old 05-04-2021, 10:09 AM   #95
Rookie

japsubie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
Rosters are releasing Friday along with 30 minor league stadiums!

I just hope night time gets patched in soon for created stadiums!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2021, 10:14 AM   #96
MVP

What are everyone’s plans with the custom rosters apparently causing franchise crashes? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »