Home

Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2020, 02:15 PM   #433
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

Knocked Mike Minor our with a come backer and Texas never was in the game after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2020, 02:40 PM   #434
Rookie

MOJOMORRO's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Is there a way to see pitch confidence somewhere while using the clean screen approach?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I don't think so. That comes with more memory and just feel for the game at that point. But if you turn on the little thing on the side that tells you what your pitches are (not sure what it's called) for a few games you should get the feel relatively quickly. Personally only change I make to Armor's approach is just having that on the screen and I rarely follow the catcher suggestions. Being a pitcher that never threw particularly hard I've always had an extremely cerebral approach to pitching that I use when I play the show. I'm not sure if the other guys on here who find success pitching calls their own game or just follow the catcher but I would bet they go off script often.

Baseball: Chicago White Sox, Pittsburgh Pirates
Basketball: Chicago Bulls
Football: Chicago Bears
Hockey: Chicago Blackhawks
College Sports: University of Oregon
Old 03-25-2020, 02:46 PM   #435
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOJOMORRO
I don't think so. That comes with more memory and just feel for the game at that point. But if you turn on the little thing on the side that tells you what your pitches are (not sure what it's called) for a few games you should get the feel relatively quickly. Personally only change I make to Armor's approach is just having that on the screen and I rarely follow the catcher suggestions. Being a pitcher that never threw particularly hard I've always had an extremely cerebral approach to pitching that I use when I play the show. I'm not sure if the other guys on here who find success pitching calls their own game or just follow the catcher but I would bet they go off script often.

I find myself on HOF calling 50-60% of my own pitches and that gets higher in the game as I have a feel for what kind of stuff and what is working well.

Sometimes my catcher call a great game and I go 80% with them.

Again it is all rhythm, feel and sequencing just like IRL.

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2020, 03:06 PM   #436
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Continuing on the pitching strategy....I agree pitching is amazing in this game once you get the hang of it, and know your pitchers and release point timing. I struck out Goldschimdt looking (up and in) last night on 8 pitches, and it actually felt better then hitting a 3-run tater.

fielder speed and reaction at 4 is perfect also....seen some spectacular plays at this setting.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:07 PM   #437
Pro

OVR: 4

Yeah, while I struggle often offensively, I've never had a problem getting strikeouts as a pitcher. I currently lead the league in strikeouts through 6 games. (Small sample size, I know, but the ability to get K's are definitely there)

EDIT: As an addenum, I will say that due to not being very comfortable with the PS4 controller and how it moves (the show is the only game I play on PS4 and I haven't played it that often really), I do use "Classic On" to help see where I'm aiming my pitch instead of full clean screen. This is just due to a lack of comfort and skill in this area.

Last edited by lere2001; 03-25-2020 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:10 PM   #438
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Is there a way to see pitch confidence somewhere while using the clean screen approach?

Yes, if your pitchers miss their spots more than normal or if that pitch is getting hit hard, the pitch confidence is low. If they are hitting their spots and are inducing swings and misses, the pitch confidence is high.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #439
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

What a game! 2 run homer from Stanton in the bottom of the 8th, and a walk off grand slam by Hicks in the 9th.

Side note: Score should be 6-2. Not sure why Hicks didn’t get credit for another RBI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2020, 03:50 PM   #440
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

One more thing I wanted to add.

Just because your pitcher has a pitch doesnt mean it's a good pitch.

For example Clayton Kershaw technically does have a change up. However I doubt you ever see it in game because as good as he is that pitch for him is absolutely trash.

Just because its a good pitch for the situation, and your guy has it. Doesnt mean it's a good pitch for them.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »