Home

Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2020, 01:07 AM   #833
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

No thanks to Justin Turner’s proposal. And no thanks to letting you call pitches. I don’t mean this as an attack, so please don’t take it that way, but everyone that has ever played baseball often seem to think they’re an expert.

I’m sure most all of us on here that are on a video game spirts forum, talking about sliders, are pretty well versed in the game. And how to pitch. And just for the record, I coached high school baseball for six years, played it all my life up until high school. I watch it religiously and have played just about every (quality) baseball video game that’s ever existed.

I have never had THIS much of an issue getting batters to chase as I have in MLB 20, but it has little to do with me knowing how to pitch.

I’ve narrowed my problem down to a few things. First of all, there’s just simply too many meatball pitches that we have zero control over. I am currently playing with human and CPU pitch consistency up one (6). Secondly, I play as the Cubs and my pitchers, especially in the bullpen are simply horrendous. Most all of my pitcher’s K/9 attributes are in the 60’s or 70’s. Darvish and Kimbrel are my two best pitchers in terms of K/9 attribute as well as statistically.

The CPU just generally makes too much contact. I played with timing down one click a few games but I hate feeling like I’m nerfing the CPU’s offense. I’d rather have unrealistically low strikeout totals than unrealistically low ERA’s for my pitchers.

Lastly, I welcome any advice and have read every post on this thread. I’d still love to see actual statistics from people using these exact sliders with ZERO visual aides, etc. and see what their players’ K/9 stats are compared to their real life career numbers. I just believe that it’s harder to strikeout the CPU this year, and it’s something I’ll look to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-06-2020, 01:08 AM   #834
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgess
I’m assuming it’s just a little glitch but I was pitching with Sonny Gray and after every strikeout the drop down said he was at a milestone watch with 994 strikeouts. He got 9 k’s in the game and never reached 1000
It's a Gray area.........

Nah I'm just playing, I've always encountered quite a few glitches of that sort historically with career stats.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 04-06-2020, 01:10 AM   #835
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Unable to edit my typos for some reason....

Just wanted to say I played “through,” high school.

Streaming on Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2020, 01:12 AM   #836
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Great time to talk about K's lol.

Cole's 1st start against Baltimore on opening day, he K'd 7 in 7 IP.

His 2nd start against TB, I've already K'd 8 in just 3 innings.

Edit:
9 K's
10K's
11K's thru 4, back-to-back K'd the side

And just to clarity, you used Armor’s EXACT settings?

Streaming on Twitch
Old 04-06-2020, 01:13 AM   #837
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
No thanks to Justin Turner’s proposal. And no thanks to letting you call pitches. I don’t mean this as an attack, so please don’t take it that way, but everyone that has ever played baseball often seem to think they’re an expert.

I’m sure most all of us on here that are on a video game spirts forum, talking about sliders, are pretty well versed in the game. And how to pitch. And just for the record, I coached high school baseball for six years, played it all my life up until high school. I watch it religiously and have played just about every (quality) baseball video game that’s ever existed.

I have never had THIS much of an issue getting batters to chase as I have in MLB 20, but it has little to do with me knowing how to pitch.

I’ve narrowed my problem down to a few things. First of all, there’s just simply too many meatball pitches that we have zero control over. I am currently playing with human and CPU pitch consistency up one (6). Secondly, I play as the Cubs and my pitchers, especially in the bullpen are simply horrendous. Most all of my pitcher’s K/9 attributes are in the 60’s or 70’s. Darvish and Kimbrel are my two best pitchers in terms of K/9 attribute as well as statistically.

The CPU just generally makes too much contact. I played with timing down one click a few games but I hate feeling like I’m nerfing the CPU’s offense. I’d rather have unrealistically low strikeout totals than unrealistically low ERA’s for my pitchers.

Lastly, I welcome any advice and have read every post on this thread. I’d still love to see actual statistics from people using these exact sliders with ZERO visual aides, etc. and see what their players’ K/9 stats are compared to their real life career numbers. I just believe that it’s harder to strikeout the CPU this year, and it’s something I’ll look to improve.

No attack deemed man, I just like trying to help out.

Not trying to sound like an expert or superior to anyone (I know I have a tendency to come off that way sometimes even tho I do not mean to).

I just know my approach has worked and continues to work this year. On my setup now, and before when I was running straight OOTB setup.

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

Old 04-06-2020, 01:14 AM   #838
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

Talking Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
And just to clarity, you used Armor’s EXACT settings?

No I run my own setup, it's in the slider thread.

I just hang around on here cause I love the discussions.

Also just to clear up the Turner proposal. It's more about this season if we ever have one. Because of the numerous doubleheaders and all that would have to be played. Not really a suggestion for regular seasons.

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

Old 04-06-2020, 01:17 AM   #839
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Also I know you stream Gagnon, how open would you be to letting me "call pitches" for you for 1 of your games?

Also I'm streaming currently, if you'd like to see how I approach matchups.

Do you stream on twitch? Would love to watch at some point. What’s your handle??

Old 04-06-2020, 01:19 AM   #840
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolczyk16
Do you stream on twitch? Would love to watch at some point. What’s your handle??

I stream on YouTube, TheSportsFranchiser is name. Or you can just click the blue My Dynasties link in my signature.

Edit I also post all my games in my slider thread.

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »