Home

MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #105
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
Agreed, but for all the people hoping graphics had changed were all disappointed. Some are implying that they are holding back on graphics and such for future trailers which doesn't make sense to me, especially when this is this first taste of 15 that we all get.
I am not sure how we can really make any concrete judgments on graphics given that there really wasn't any gameplay shown. That was a trailer put together for marketing purposes only.

In Feb/Mar when we start seeing actual gameplay videos, if not before, then I'll form opinions/judgments on the graphics. Until then, I'll just wait and absorb the information we are given.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #106
Banned

DemurOnion's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

It's going to be on the wall for me. Those graphics looked old as far as I am concerned. Grass still pale and lifeless. Animations looked iffy but we'll see. They do have three months of solid dev time and then another month for day one patch.

I love The Show. But I need to see the back of a Yankee uni pronto. If they still have dated jersey templates there is no way in heck I'm paying 60 dollars for this.

That grass coloring looked abysmal again, EXACTLY like it has looked for half a decade: completely wrong, meaning lighting engine and colorists are not doing their job or this trailer is simply not showing any of it off.

Good to see Nike but that stuff is so superficial to detail oriented people like me that have suffered with the same huge constraints on color vs real world.

A game like Driveclub gets coloring right imo mostly because of their godly lighting engine and knack for details. The Show idk what it is just has this dead color to it that is annoying when you go to games in real life as many others have stated before.

Last edited by DemurOnion; 12-07-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #107
Rookie

aldon_47's Arena

OVR: 2
As always, Im very excited for The Show. Having the release date back to March is a big deal for me since living in frozen northern MN, having digital grass to play on helps ease the spring fever a bit. Im also very interested to learn more about the new radio show. I work a lot of afternoons/evenings and almost every night I have baseball on the radio listening to the Twins so I cant wait to hear how thats being implemented.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:17 AM   #108
Banned

DemurOnion's Arena

For instance, last year people were harping on real world colors and grass. Some people were going insane about it. I now see what they were talking about where at first I wasn't really seeing it:

Real Dodger Stadium Sod:

Now go back to that trailer and look at the grass. It looks like some kind of dead and mistreated grass and it has looked like this for a long time. The trailer at 17 seconds exemplifies it. It looks so wrong it hurts.

Last edited by DemurOnion; 12-07-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #109
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

While I can understand why people are underwhelmed visually. The graphical upgrades generally get added later. I am pretty sure we are not looking at the end product.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #110
Banned

DemurOnion's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
While I can understand why people are underwhelmed visually. The graphical upgrades generally get added later. I am pretty sure we are not looking at the end product.
Because you can't polish a rock into a diamond with three months of dev time. To me that looked like the engine they were using on PS3 spiffed up a bit.

Last edited by DemurOnion; 12-07-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #111
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

DemurOnion, I don't have a quote and it most certainly wasn't in an article, but thinking about it I seem to remember somebody (maybe a community member and not a developer) that the field would get more attention this year. I don't know if that was with regard to physics, patterns, detail, degradation, colors, water effects, etc. but I kind of would be surprised too if the grass remained the same by release, and of course disappointed.

I'm sure it takes more than just changing a single hex code, though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #112
Banned

DemurOnion's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
DemurOnion, I don't have a quote and it most certainly wasn't in an article, but thinking about it I seem to remember somebody (maybe a community member and not a developer) that the field would get more attention this year. I don't know if that was with regard to physics, patterns, detail, degradation, colors, water effects, etc. but I kind of would be surprised too if the grass remained the same by release, and of course disappointed.

I'm sure it takes more than just changing a single hex code, though.
Yeah, it could require a completely new lighting engine at this point IDK. I do know it looks awful still.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »