Home

MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #113
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemurOnion
Because you can't polish a rock into a diamond with three months of dev time. To me that looked like the engine they were using on PS3 spiffed up a bit.
He's already banned so I know there's not much of a point but I wanted to bring attention to the fallacy here. The post wrongly assumes that a) the trailer was made yesterday and b) that just because a "rock" is featured in the trailer, SCEA has no diamonds in its inventory.

Maybe in whatever new graphics build they are working on, players don't even have left arms yet. Alternatively, they have this random ps3 build sitting around already ready to use.

It's a lot easier (and more importantly, cheaper) to make a trailer from a stable pre-existing build, then it is to scramble trying to make a trailer out of a half-processed "diamond." Especially when the trailer has nothing to do with jewelry.

We also have no idea when the trailer was made, but since SCEA had been teasing these very announcements for a couple weeks, I think it is safe to assume the trailer is at least a month old, if not more.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #114
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

It doesn't even matter man he would have come up with some crap to try and justify that he was right and you were wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
He's already banned so I know there's not much of a point but I wanted to bring attention to the fallacy here. The post wrongly assumes that a) the trailer was made yesterday and b) that just because a "rock" is featured in the trailer, SCEA has no diamonds in its inventory.

Maybe in whatever new graphics build they are working on, players don't even have left arms yet. Alternatively, they have this random ps3 build sitting around already ready to use.

It's a lot easier (and more importantly, cheaper) to make a trailer from a stable pre-existing build, then it is to scramble trying to make a trailer out of a half-processed "diamond." Especially when the trailer has nothing to do with jewelry.

We also have no idea when the trailer was made, but since SCEA had been teasing these very announcements for a couple weeks, I think it is safe to assume the trailer is at least a month old, if not more.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 12-07-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #115
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Year-to-Year Saves – Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show. Saves between the two releases will be forward-compatible, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!
Was hoping for real cloth physics. Was hoping the rigid boxy arm sleeves would be gone.

Any word on whether or not saves can be carried over from MLB14 to MLB16 if one decides to skip MLB15? Doubt anyone can really answer this question.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #116
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Was hoping for real cloth physics. Was hoping the rigid boxy arm sleeves would be gone.

Any word on whether or not saves can be carried over from MLB14 to MLB16 if one decides to skip MLB15? Doubt anyone can really answer this question.
If the answer is no, worst comes to worst you could rent MLB 15 (or buy & immediately return it) for one day, on the day MLB 16 comes, out, just for the purpose of moving forward with your save.

If saves are transferrable (like onto external drives), I'll do you one better and say I'd be glad to convert your save for you. You could send your '14 save to me, I'll convert it into MLB'15, then send it back to you so you can take it from there.

No idea if PS4 saves can be copied/moved onto flash drives and stuff though.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 1

If it takes 3-4 years to make the graphical jump to be on par with other sports games, I'm not sure why I wouldn't wait to purchase 3-4 years from now.

I also don't understand why I, as a consumer, should care that the Show's dev team is smaller than the teams for other sports titles. I'm not responsible for that; Sony is. All I know is that the Show costs the same amount of money as those other sports titles. Hence it should measure up to those other games in every way. If it doesn't, again I have the option to not purchase the game, and Sony has the option to push the dev team up to par.

Hopefully others are right that they're releasing the most underwhelming pieces of info first and getting to the big stuff later. Although, as someone who works in advertising, I've literally never heard of this strategy before. Every brand we work with prefer to push their newest offerings first, front and center, since it's basic knowledge that positive first impressions are the key to success.

Last edited by Grnngld; 12-07-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #118
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemurOnion
Because you can't polish a rock into a diamond with three months of dev time. To me that looked like the engine they were using on PS3 spiffed up a bit.

There's always one. #agenda
Old 12-07-2014, 12:33 PM   #119
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnngld
If it takes 3-4 years to make the graphical jump to be on par with other sports games, I'm not sure why I wouldn't wait to purchase 3-4 years from now.

I also don't understand why I, as a consumer, should care that the Show's dev team is smaller than the teams for other sports titles. I'm not responsible for that; Sony is. All I know is that the Show costs the same amount of money as those other sports titles. Hence it should measure up to those other games in every way. If it doesn't, again I have the option to not purchase the game, and Sony has the option to push the dev team up to par.

Hopefully others are right that they're releasing the least underwhelming pieces of info first and getting to the big stuff later. Although, as someone who works in advertising, I've literally never heard of this strategy before. Every brand we work with prefer to push their newest offerings first, front and center, since it's basic knowledge that positive first impressions are the key to success.
All great points, especially the first two, which I completely agree with.

On your last point, though, to be fair, they haven't "pushed" anything. It's not like this trailer is playing on TV during ESPN commercial breaks. I haven't seen any billboards on my way to work telling me about directional hitting. Just because the trailer exists doesn't mean it is the trailer they are "pushing" or relying upon for marketing purposes. I think we should withhold judgment on their 2015 marketing campaign until they actually have one.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #120
Rookie

Burge88's Arena

OVR: 0
They need to add player physics. No more players running through each other, or players just continue running into a wall with out being phased.
It would be a big step up if y'all added some kind of physics engine to the game.
I do love the brands though! I've always wanted that! And I'm excited for the legends and radio show!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »