Home

With all they've tweaked with gameplay, there's still so much more they didn't...

This is a discussion on With all they've tweaked with gameplay, there's still so much more they didn't... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2015, 01:43 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: With all they've tweaked with gameplay, there's still so much more they didn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Honestly, I'm going back to analog. All of this randomness makes the game absurdly unrealistic to me. I want control over where the pitch goes and I want my mistakes to dictate where the pitch goes, not the computer dictating when it's time to throw a meatball.
Does analog have less randomness involved compared to pulse, meter, or classic?

Analog is so ugly. The meter is huge, and it takes up a big chunk of the screen.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:14 AM   #74
Banned

Re: With all they've tweaked with gameplay, there's still so much more they didn't...

Analog is completely user controlled.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:17 AM   #75
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Honestly, I'm going back to analog. All of this randomness makes the game absurdly unrealistic to me. I want control over where the pitch goes and I want my mistakes to dictate where the pitch goes, not the computer dictating when it's time to throw a meatball.
It's not exactly random. It's based on the pitcher's attributes, his pitch rating and the batter's attributes.

It's more like an equation. Without an equation like that, you wouldn't feel a difference between an all star pitcher and a AA pitcher. It also creates a unique duel between each batter and pitcher.

It has a purpose and that purpose is actually to make the game realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 05:47 AM   #76
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by topside
As much as I love this game there are tons of small things that have started eating away at me more and more. You've named most of them.

Knuckleballers throw too many strikes.

When playing the CPU they don't chase often or swing and miss as much as they should.

I don't understand the low K ratings for nearly every starting pitcher.

Too many double plays!

What's up with the pull player off the bag animation from throws in the outfield? The CPU and myself prolly do it 5 times each a game.

CPU doesn't attempt pickoffs enough on regular leads. When they're on base they never slide back in when you attempt a pickoff. So basically the cat and mouse of the running game is non existent.

Come backers, dropped third strikes and pops ups behind the plate need to be cut down drastically.

The lazy throwing animations this year get annoying fast.

Pitchers deliveries look so weak. Like they're barely trying to throw the ball hard.

Bunting lol

Hits down the line seem to just die out so they never lead to doubles. Probably one of the most exciting things to see in a game.

Every outfielder seems like the same defensive player out there.

Whoever does the pitcher ratings and repetoires needs to be fired. In what world are change ups 78 and fastballs 95?

There's probably more I've missed. Still a beautiful game but some of this stuff is starting to get to me recently. The gameplay human vs CPU is the most important thing to me.

Sorry for the long rant
This, this this, all of it! If that is fixed The Show will truly be the only sports game i'll ever play, besides OOTP of course!

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 05-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 21

PLEASE get rid of the pickoff throw that goes into the stands!

I have been watching baseball since 1960 and I have never seen this. Maybe it has happened...but in the Show it happens a lot!!

Just change the animation to a low throw that skips by the 1B...or a wide throw. But no way should it go into the stands.

C
Old 05-16-2015, 09:40 AM   #78
Just started!

Re: With all they've tweaked with gameplay, there's still so much more they didn'...

Quote:
I'm quoting from my earlier reply because I edited it and think I worded this more clear.

Put simply, if I aim low and miss the meter early, the pitch should stray down the middle, allowing for more solid contact. Likewise if I aim low and miss the meter late, the pitch should be in the dirt. And if I aim high or down the middle and miss the meter early, the pitch should go higher than I wanted. At least this way I can blame myself for rallies and walks as opposed to relying on random game pitch placement. Less user control = more reason for users to believe that the game is dictating results. I want to feel like my ability to call and execute pitches is what's winning and losing games. Having the game randomly decide where the pitch goes simply adds fuel to the old "comeback logic" debate. I want to decide where my pitches go based on my feedback so I can blame myself for losses and not computer randomness dictating it's time for the computer to generate a rally.
Obviously you have never picked up a real baseball in your life. According to your logic, you should only miss high or low when you miss the meter. Do you not think that pitchers accidentally leave one over the plate when they are trying to paint the corner. I am sick and tired of people complaining about this game because it doesn't always go their way and they don't finish 162-0 for a season. NEWS FLASH----This is baseball, anything can happen!!
Old 05-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #79
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

The rubber banding is ridiculous this year. I've played every show game (except last year) and I don't ever remember dealing with it this bad. Obviously come backs in baseball happen, but not like this, every single game. The reason I believe it is rubber banding is because it doesn't happen until after I score, usually the next inning. And it's always around the same amount I just scored. If I score one run, next inning they will. Four runs, they'll score five. It's almost comical the way it cheeses. Shrinking strike zone so that you have to throw a more hittable pitch or else you'll just keep walking them. Then an error or two occurs to get them on base and boom home run. I had the most egregious version of this happen the other night. Tied one one the entire game, in the ninth I score three more runs. Bottom inning their runner hits what should be a double to the gap (on 3-0 btw) this is left field so no way he goes to third because I'll throw him out. I throw to my cutoff man and the camera spazzes out ball rolls in to third horizontally while nobody runs to get it, the runner doesn't stop, as if the whole thing was a setup. Inside the park home run because a throw spazzed out. Wasn't even the kind where you just over throw it, this was like the stuff you see online this year. Next batter hits a homer. Suddenly my lead is almost gone. Then they managed to load the bases. Conveniently once the game was tied again I got them out. This happens way too often and it's frustrating.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:01 AM   #80
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

What's the clutch rating of your late inning guys? Control? H/9? HR/9?

As for the umpiring, umps miss calls .

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »