Home

Craziest injury you've seen in the Show

This is a discussion on Craziest injury you've seen in the Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2016, 09:40 PM   #17
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Craziest injury you've seen in the Show

Any long injury in online franchise basically results in it being career ending. Which is stupid.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:44 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Can't remember the year, I was to say it was MLB 12. Can't remember the pitcher either, it was some long forgotten relief pitcher. But he was cruising along just fine, and just randomly, the injury box pops up after a pitch and says he has a concussion. Wasn't hit by a pitch at any point or anything.
Agh yeah, the ghost injury. Arguably the most frustrating.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:56 PM   #19
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

this wasn't a injury, but something I had ever seen until this year. but Heyward was to miss a game due to a family emergency. thought that was really cool that they had situations like that in the game.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:19 PM   #20
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

I admit it.

If my star player has a huge injury, I'll quit the game and go back to my last saved place.

I'm not proud of what I have done but it was for the good of the game, to ensure my team could win.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:56 PM   #21
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

I've noticed a few things with injuries in Franchise. More injuries than not, seem to be serious injuries that result in a lot of missed time. Seems injuries that are day to day, or result in missing just a few days or a week are much more rare than ones that result in being out for months. Also it seems like any injury that is a season ending injury leads to the player retiring in the off season. Even if its something that players come back from in real life.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2016, 07:26 PM   #22
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I've noticed a few things with injuries in Franchise. More injuries than not, seem to be serious injuries that result in a lot of missed time. Seems injuries that are day to day, or result in missing just a few days or a week are much more rare than ones that result in being out for months. Also it seems like any injury that is a season ending injury leads to the player retiring in the off season. Even if its something that players come back from in real life.
I'd have to disagree, I've had quite a few middle of the road type injuries, where the player is out for ~20 days. As for season long injuries causing retirements, I'm not sure but I've heard that the retirement system is based off of # of players entering the league. More entries = more retirements. Unfortunately the pool of possible retirees only includes free agents, guys over 38 and injured players, so you're going to get a higher than real life ratio of people retiring due to injury. Still, I've had years where not a single person league wide has retired due to injury.

A fair point which is why I responded, but a bit off topic. Let's keep it to crazy stories for this thread.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #23
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I think that if the time period of the injury last until ST of the next season....is when you see the retirement(I can't remember for sure)......
It does happen though(retirements)...so I just put injuries on manual for season ending injuries and have it so they are back one day before the last game to be sure.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-05-2016, 07:41 PM   #24
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I dove for a ball one time with outfielder Justin Ruggiano. I missed the ball, which hit me directly in the face. He missed about two months with a broken cheekbone.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »