Home

PS4 Pro Native 4K resolution running at 60 FPS with HDR support?

This is a discussion on PS4 Pro Native 4K resolution running at 60 FPS with HDR support? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 12:48 PM   #57
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PS4 Pro Native 4K resolution running at 60 FPS with HDR support?

I played a couple games last night on my PS pro and the frame rate is exactly the same. Same low FPS cut scenes and frame drops on strike outs and walks.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:54 PM   #58
All Star

OVR: 0

I don't know about the pro don't have one but I have always found the show to be at 60 FPS ever second I play out side of cutscenes that always drop. But the game play its self no matter if we are talking about pitching, hitting, throwing what is and has been 60 FPS from like mlb 09 threw 16 no matter what stadium I play in. Now cutscenes that is a big different story they drop to like 20 FPS all the time. If the cutscenes where to run like the game play then the game would run perfect.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:03 PM   #59
Pro

I tried Coors Field and I still see the same performance.

When the away team brings in a reliever the camera pans across the rocks in center field. On both systems, you'll notice the frame rate struggle while the rocks are in view, but then smooth out as they move out of frame.

It makes sense. When the PS4 Pro runs a PS4 game without a patch, the system goes into a compatibility mode. The extra GPU power is disabled.

Last edited by Spokker; 11-11-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:55 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I'm telling you guys that I think I'm going crazy, but it isn't placebo.

The PS4 Pro has smoothed the frame rate issues for cut scenes.

I'm going to hook up my base PS4 again just to be sure, but I swear I'm not seeing things.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Since The Show doesn't have a locked framerate (well, it's probably locked to 60 but it's hard/near impossible to see differences above that anyway), I don't doubt this is a possibility. The original hardware might have been what was holding the framerate back, and nothing else. Or what you might also be seeing is the cutscenes actually running at a solid 30 instead of dropping even lower as they tend to do sometimes (particularly the walkoff pile on home plate scene). I know that NBA2K locks its cutscenes to 30 while the game plays at 60 - might be something like that for The Show, too.

Interested to see what you find out.

Last edited by bcruise; 11-11-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:00 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Also, closed-roof Skydome behind the plate cameras were probably the biggest offenders for in-game frame drop in this years game - maybe you could take a look at that too to see if there's any difference?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2016, 04:02 PM   #62
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
I tried Coors Field and I still see the same performance.

When the away team brings in a reliever the camera pans across the rocks in center field. On both systems, you'll notice the frame rate struggle while the rocks are in view, but then smooth out as they move out of frame.

It makes sense. When the PS4 Pro runs a PS4 game without a patch, the system goes into a compatibility mode. The extra GPU power is disabled.
This I have seen happen on the Pro.

But I have also seen multiple other scenes now that I've compared to the PS4 run smooth as butter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 11-11-2016, 05:01 PM   #63
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

Just tried a few games at parks that I've seen bad framerates at with my original PS4. I still see the same lag, shame. But then again I know a lot of people have said without a patch this game would run the exact same.

I bought '16 twice, once physical and once digital. I had the physical copy first and upon playing and noticing the bad framerate at some parks (and the fact that somehow a lot of people say their game plays smooth at all times) I thought it was either my TV, PS4, or the game itself. After buying the game again, this time digitally, I noticed the same issues.

I don't have any issues with any other games, so I know it's not my TV or PS4 (I now have the Pro).

I spent over $130 on '16 after buying it twice. Even with the bad framerate at some parks I still played the heck out of this game. Probably more than I've ever played any video game before. I know some people say there's no framerate issue at all. Trust me I wish I could agree with that sentiment. At certain parks, when the ball is in play, the game just looks terrible. I guess the best way for me to describe it is a constant stutter.

I just hope this framerate issue is cleaned up in '17. I'll be preordering it soon, because the game is awesome and I love baseball. Really it's the only reason I have a PS4 over Xbox One.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:55 PM   #64
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

Without a patch there should be next to no differences in the game. The PS4 emulates the OG PS4 very very closely.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »