Home

How do franchise budgets work this year?

This is a discussion on How do franchise budgets work this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2017, 07:27 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do franchise budgets work this year?

Based on what you guys are saying and I appreciate the tests and explanations I plan on running some tests this weekend as I haven't had much time to play yet.

I really hope the budget system isn't an issue, it sucks when 3 seasons down the road every team has over 100 mill to spend.

Anyway it seems weird to me that every thing they have been saying is making franchise mode more accessible and simpler for non hardcore players yet they do this... very strange

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #50
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosox1389
Based on what you guys are saying and I appreciate the tests and explanations I plan on running some tests this weekend as I haven't had much time to play yet.

I really hope the budget system isn't an issue, it sucks when 3 seasons down the road every team has over 100 mill to spend.

Anyway it seems weird to me that every thing they have been saying is making franchise mode more accessible and simpler for non hardcore players yet they do this... very strange

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I haven't had a lot of time to spend with the game, I'm finishing my basement, but I did run a couple sims a few years into the future. There are some teams that "could no longer afford the contract," but I honestly can't tell what the budget is or amount they have earned more or less from previous season.

I think the system is very clunky right now and confusing. Last year it was much easier to know what funds you had to sign players. I like the idea of an increased fund balance throughout the season, but I need to try to see if it allows for taking on more than 10 million in the first season or not. I would like to see the old emails notifying of the increase or decrease and a yearly total in free agency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2017, 10:00 AM   #51
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

One thing I noticed on A roster that I downloaded, is that the salaries seemed scaled down. ellsbury I think is making over 20 mil this year but In the game(could just be the from the first roster I downloaded) I think it's less than 10. My point is I think they scaled everything down such as budgets and salaries, but the best free agents are getting 31 mil a year... that being said I downloaded a different roster and salaries seem to be more accurate and I'm able to afford more players, but as I said it isn't letting me go over 160 mil after 2019.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 11:20 AM   #52
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

i don't like cash flow right now but after i get use to it i will be fine. math hurts my brains so just give me the total bill and i would be happyier
#44Syracuse
Old 04-07-2017, 12:31 PM   #53
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish595
One thing I noticed on A roster that I downloaded, is that the salaries seemed scaled down. ellsbury I think is making over 20 mil this year but In the game(could just be the from the first roster I downloaded) I think it's less than 10. My point is I think they scaled everything down such as budgets and salaries, but the best free agents are getting 31 mil a year... that being said I downloaded a different roster and salaries seem to be more accurate and I'm able to afford more players, but as I said it isn't letting me go over 160 mil after 2019.
The system has always had contracts that way. I would prefer real contracts, but editing them to real contracts(for me at least) causes too many issues.

The first season may be ok, but in the off-season the cpu logic reverts to the value it gives players and contracts get severely out of whack. Teams have too much budget room and moderately priced players(in real life) become overpriced to the games logic.

A player that makes 10 million in real life may only be valued at 5 million in the show.

I wish that contract values would be in relation to the league. So if I edited contracts the gpu would adjust the value players are worth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #54
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I still don't understand Max Offer. I will offer a contract to a player for more than what is listed for max offer and everything goes through. Not too impressed with this system as of right now.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:12 PM   #55
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I still don't understand Max Offer. I will offer a contract to a player for more than what is listed for max offer and everything goes through. Not too impressed with this system as of right now.
The short of it is to multiply the max offer by 26 to convert from the weekly to annual value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 08:10 PM   #56
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

UPDATE.So I am re running throw my off season after the 2019. the game lets me run my payroll to 190 if I dont offer arbitration and just sign the arbitration elible players to contracts. Im about to exit and reload to see again what happens when I offer arbitration to these players

Okay so I offered severino arbitration. Pending offers went to almost 8 million even though I offered his previous salary which was 500k, these pending offers do not change the payroll or max offer amount when negotiating contracts. However In my second test which Im currently doing my payroll is at 147 And Its saying I can not sign castrol for 17 mil a year. Now if you add that 17 mil a year to the pending offers I have and add it to the 147. Thats still lower than test 1 which i ran up to 190.

Edit. So. with no arbitration offered to any players which means no pending offers, ALL my coaching positions filled, My 40 man filled. a 156.1 million dollar payroll, a cash flow of 1.35 mil... I still can not sign jose abreu for about 9 million a year, which would bring my cash flow to 1 mil. Does anyone have any ideas....

Did another sim through off eseason, resigned guys. did arbitration. then set free agency to auto. Have 1.44 in cash flow. CPU is trying to see free agents and cant do it. UGHHHHH

Last edited by fightingirish595; 04-07-2017 at 08:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »