Home

Too many HR's?

This is a discussion on Too many HR's? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2017, 07:28 PM   #345
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Too many HR's?

I was having the home run issue on veteran and all star difficulties. Switched to dynamic difficulty and have only had one home run since. Came from Bogaerts. Opposite field flair to right. Barely cleared the wall.

Not saying this isn't a placebo or anything, but it seems like the CPU pitchers aren't leaving meat over the plate anymore.

As anyone else seeing decreases in home runs on dynamic difficulty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #346
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Just played a game as the Astros vs Mariners. 6 total homeruns hit. 2 for them, 4 for me. Cano hit a 468 foot shot opposite field out of Minute Maid on a pitch that was a couple inches off the outside part of the plate. The answer a lot of you are providing is 'get good at pitching' but a majority of the homeruns hit against me aren't even bad pitches, really. Yeah, sure, I've got lower rated pitchers giving up some meatballs because of bad control. But both the homeruns the Mariners hit off me were, as most of them against me have been, off the plate. As far the ones I'm hitting off the computer, they're hanging too many pitches. Sliders can't seem to fix that. I've upped their control/consistency and lowered strike frequency, they still hang plenty of meatballs. Hall of fame difficulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-06-2017, 08:48 PM   #347
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Just played a game as the Astros vs Mariners. 6 total homeruns hit. 2 for them, 4 for me. Cano hit a 468 foot shot opposite field out of Minute Maid on a pitch that was a couple inches off the outside part of the plate. The answer a lot of you are providing is 'get good at pitching' but a majority of the homeruns hit against me aren't even bad pitches, really. Yeah, sure, I've got lower rated pitchers giving up some meatballs because of bad control. But both the homeruns the Mariners hit off me were, as most of them against me have been, off the plate. As far the ones I'm hitting off the computer, they're hanging too many pitches. Sliders can't seem to fix that. I've upped their control/consistency and lowered strike frequency, they still hang plenty of meatballs. Hall of fame difficulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Get good at pitching, I had McCutchen take me deep twice last night on balls that were literally out of the strike zone off of inside corner of the plate, and these were no doubters. Little ridiculous in my opinion.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2017, 09:16 PM   #348
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3

I believe the slugging % factor is overpowering early new season HRs. Hence why a mid season franchise file doesn't have the same issue. The slugging % is leveled off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2017, 10:05 PM   #349
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhamstar
Get good at pitching, I had McCutchen take me deep twice last night on balls that were literally out of the strike zone off of inside corner of the plate, and these were no doubters. Little ridiculous in my opinion.

While I don't doubt the possibility that you received an unjust result, hitting no doubt home runs on pitches outside the strike zone is not all that rare.

I've given up my share of home runs in this years game, but found them all to be justified as a result of timing issues on the release or bad location/pitch choice. As such I question whether you botched the input mechanism or made a mistake in pitch choice/sequence. For example I gave up a bomb to a left handed hitter with a right handed pitcher. I threw a curve ball down and in which missed the strike zone by a few inches and was taken. I followed it up with the same pitch in the same location, outside the zone, and despite nailing the input the pitch was tattooed. I don't fault the game for that result.

Edit: I wanted to add that I have noticed numerous occurrences of multi-home run games for a hitter, be it CPU or human controlled. I wonder if player quirks play a role in this.

Last edited by fanofbaseball; 04-06-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:22 PM   #350
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
I was having the home run issue on veteran and all star difficulties. Switched to dynamic difficulty and have only had one home run since. Came from Bogaerts. Opposite field flair to right. Barely cleared the wall.

Not saying this isn't a placebo or anything, but it seems like the CPU pitchers aren't leaving meat over the plate anymore.

As anyone else seeing decreases in home runs on dynamic difficulty?
Nope that's not it, I only use dynamic difficulty and I hit a lot of homeruns.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:47 PM   #351
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhamstar

I mean. I've thrown multiple no hitters, and two perfect games in the last 2 years of The Show on Hall of Fame, including a no hitter already this year. I'd like to think I'm not terrible at pitching. I've really never given up as many homers as I have this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 12:05 AM   #352
Rookie

Ferweezy's Arena

OVR: 5

As a competitive player. The way hitting is now and how pitching against a semi decent player seems impossible. I'm on the verge of giving up on this game, until the game is fix.

All star is the culprit. Hall of fame should be the default. But this might be the game we get this year. SDS didn't patch the bunt cheese last year and hardly made gameplay changes thru patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »