Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2004, 06:28 PM   #441
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

I think they are just ps2 only
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2004, 08:50 PM   #442
Pro

OVR: 5

could i get a link or something for this ps2 file i cant figure out if it's the one on mvpmods or os
Old 04-11-2004, 10:58 PM   #443
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

OK the question has been asked several times now. "What is the web site?"
Old 04-11-2004, 11:58 PM   #444
Pro

OVR: 6

Yea, a link to Gomer's PS2 file would be great. I don't see the PS2 version posted here at Operation Sports, but I've read good things about it, so I am a little confused as to where people are getting the file from.

Thanks.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:09 AM   #445
Banned

ps2rosters.com, also i sent it here!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2004, 04:45 PM   #446
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Will be up here at OS shortly.

Posted : Here
Old 04-12-2004, 05:50 PM   #447
MVP

OVR: 10

What level and sliders do gomer and kerm's rosters work best on?
Old 04-12-2004, 07:56 PM   #448
Rookie

i originally posted this in the regular mvp forum, but maybe you guys that developed this roster can address my questions. i've read the past few pages of comments, but not the entire 40-something pages, so i apologize if it's all covered before. oh!...and this is in regard to GomerPyle's ps2 roster with bonds' photo in it. thanks!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
ok...i downloaded it and bonds looks great. this is way more than i could have ever hoped to attain through downloading rosters.

beyond this though, i have a few questions as to the playability of these rosters. i've been using poodiddy's version 2 roster up till now and have played quite a few games from season 1 of my cubs dynasty. considering all the time i've put into this season, it is important to know the extent of the edits of to the rest of this new roster. for instance, i believe poodiddy released and re-signed all minor leaguers to match up ability-wise with the top prospects in baseball, since editing ratings has proven fruitless due to a pre-determined ability level and their regression at the end of the season back to this default. so i ask, how were minor leaguers matched up to their real-life counterparts in this roster update? specifically, i looked at the speed rating and fastball rating of felix pie and angel guzman in the cubs organziation, respectively. from what i have read, felix is speedy, however, his rating is in the 50s in this roster, i believe (i'm back at work now, i only glanced at the roster during lunch). also, the scouting report on guzman has his fastball ranging from 91 to 94 mpg. i believe his fb rating is currently in the low to mid 80s. i don't think this would equate a 91-94mph fb, but i may be wrong here. my point here is, i made a personal adjustment on guzman's fb rating in poodiddy's rosters to reflect this speed, so no roster is perfect...but i question a roster in which a one of an organization's top prospects doesn't exhibit one of his tools. not that i'm trying to crap on this new roster (compiled by GomerPyle?), but this sort of thing is important, and i'd just like to know how the real minor leaguers were put together.

also, one other question. i noticed no real photos of kaz matsui or joe mauer. that's cool...they probably don't even have profile photos on mlb.com. however, i did notice andy pratt (RP, cubs) has a photo now. i pretty sure his photo wasn't in the game to begin with (correct me if i'm wrong). i'm curious as to roughly how many player photos, along with bonds and (maybe) pratt, were ported into these rosters. not that this is of any import to gameplay or anything like what i mentioned in the previous paragraph, but i'm just curious as to just how extensive the photo importing was.

finally, i just want to say no matter what the answers to the above questions, this roster update is impressive indeed! i did not believe it till i saw it, and it was all giddy seeing bonds. then i thought, "well...his likeness won't be masked onto the on-field player"...but then BAM!....it was. and no matter how the minor leaguers were assembled, they are more accurate than poodiddy's (OBVIOUSLY since these were made after minor league assignments were handed out; a luxury poodiddy did not enjoy in version 2 of his roster....so no knock on anyone). i'd like to give major PROPS to GomerPyle and DT Linder for putting in the time, effort, and money to make this happen. better no one EVER question their love of accurate sports games!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »