Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2005, 03:14 AM   #113
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
I should probably not say this but if anything these too many walks. Well 1-2 more than their should be with better pitchers. Mussina, for example will range 2-6 walks a game. He never had a 6 BB game last year.

With all that said, the AI just blows me away. The usual suspects get walked and pitched around. Ramirez will get a lot of walks.

One last thing I want to add. I added more power to the CPU. I know that sounds crazy but the only way to force a human to throw balls is to make the CPU deadly. Realistic is one thing but in order to force the human player to throw balls to good players you need to have the CPU hit better.

I have the CPU power to 8. The yankees are a great example of what happens. If you pitch around Jeter you get to face A-Rod then Bernie, Matsui, Tino Martinez. You can't pitch around all of them. Increasing the CPU Power makes you throw more balls and walk more people because they can go yard even on max'ed out throws to their cold zones. And this doesn't break the back of the game which shows you how good the engine is behind MVP.

I thought by now, we would find something broken with the game. I'm hopeful that this game is like Winning Eleven -- some quirks but nothing that destroys the game.
You're crazy. Giving the CPU MORE power? I am going to have to lower it. After my first series with Oakland in my Orioles franchise, I am sitting at 9 HR's allowed (and some to strange guys like Ellis and such).

Not sure if it's CPU contact or power, may have to lower contact a little and see if that works.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 02-26-2005, 03:26 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0

i get walks when bonds up, i love tht, i got 2 IBB wit him in one game ... what a surprise.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:26 AM   #115
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8

Couple quick questions...

1. Does lowering pitch speed infact make it more difficult to hit (bigger difference between fastballs and offspeed stuff)? Because I'm having a tough time catching up to any fastballs and I don't want to turn it down if it is going to actually make it harder to hit.

2. Is anyone else having problems generating runs? I feel like maybe a little raise for the user batter power slider will increase the amount of runs...i just dont want the game to become a homerun fest.

3. I think raising the baserunning speed back up to 2 or 3 is required just due to the fact that not all double play balls in real life turn into double plays...this increases the chance of hitters beating out the throws at first and also increase the chance of a run being scored with a runner on second on a base hit (key to any baseball game)

Ok its late so i'm just throwin some thoughts out there. I have officially converted from ESPN to MVP...I never thought i'd say those words (i probably wouldn't have done it without everyone's input on these boards).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2005, 06:29 AM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 8
Talking Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales
The PC version rules all.....
Except the pC version doesnt come with the leather chairs and 53'' HDTV!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2005, 06:54 AM   #117
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD2240
Except the pC version doesnt come with the leather chairs and 53'' HDTV!!!!!!!!!!!
It can if you hook it up right.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:10 AM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 1

Only got to play one game with it yesterday and didnt do too hot. Lost 4 - 1. Im still getting adjusted to MVP from ESPN though, and I'd swing at some stupid pitches at times. Im a spotty hitter also, hitting good one inning, then doing like crap for a few. Its ok though.

Didnt keep any stats, I"ll be sure to post the next games I try when I get home today.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:39 AM   #119
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

Anyone else having a problem with the CPU swinging at too many first pitches?
Old 02-26-2005, 09:14 AM   #120
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
SYF, did you see any walk off/game winning animations?
No... I was a bit disappointed that after the game winning single, there was no cutscenes involving the winning team....In fact, the after-game scene was of the Yankees walking off the field, and Torre out near the pitcher's mound shaking their hands??? Wacky.

Anyway, I did get to see Manny and Big Papi go back to back, and got to see their respective homerun trots.... awesome.

After that game, I fired up another, this time it was Wells vs Wright in the Bronx. My first shutout!!! Boomer goes 7 strong, strikes out 9, and I win that one 6-0. May I just say that Foulke is filthy with those changeups. A couple of things I have noticed with Pareds sliders. You can get the computer to take some close pitches, and for the most part, if you hit your "perfect" spot, you can get the called first strike about 75% of the time. this helps out so much, in that the CPU then has to hit from behind in the count, and I can ususally get it to chase some bad pitches if I work the plate and the speeds. thinking like a pitcher in this game will work wonders. three changeups off the outer edge, then pound him inside when the CPU adjusts it's stance to try to cover the outside corner.... a thing of beauty.

Foul Balls. Un fu**ing Believeable. I had some sweet 8-9 pitch battles with two strike both with me pitching, and me fighting off the pitches. Great aspect of this year's game.

The infielder adjustment allows more balls to squeak through the holes they ought to in real life... seems about perfect.

Overall, this has to be one of the best, if not THE best baseball games I have ever played. It is just about perfect. I have seen a couple of oddities, but I have to say, the whole package warrants very high kudos to the EA team, and the artists...Very nicely handled.

I also noticed that the homerun celebrations do not seem to happen on every homerun. What I mean is that last night, Ortiz barely squeaked one out over Sheffield's head in right field. when I looked at the replay, he was tearing down towards first, because he did not "know" that it was a homerun.... Fantastic. I also love the announcers call on the absolute BOMBS. "Shot out to left.. It..... Is...............Goooone.".

I love this game.

SYF

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »