Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2005, 09:34 AM   #353
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

I am definately trying these sliders tonight, they look like they are dead on for my hitting needs.

One question though, how is the computer power with it being set so low?
Old 07-05-2005, 03:10 PM   #354
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
I am definately trying these sliders tonight, they look like they are dead on for my hitting needs.

One question though, how is the computer power with it being set so low?
The computer still hits plenty of dingers. Hit back-to-back against my tired starter yesterday (needless to say he hit the showers!)
Old 07-06-2005, 09:43 AM   #355
MVP

cable guy's Arena

I finally got the chance to pay with Jistic's slider's last night, and was very happy with the results.

The first game was a learning curve.

After that, games 2 & 3 were right on.

I was the Phillies playing the Dodgers. Lost game 2(5-2) Won game 3(3-1)

Players seemed to play well to their attributes as well. Odalis, their pitcher, couldn't hit or bunt. And I struck him out most of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2005, 11:55 AM   #356
Rookie

Ok this is a pretty major change from my last set. Took a while to test out. The MAJOR things involved in this is hitting, baserunning, and fielding. I've tuned the speeds. Ever see those games on Sportscenter that happen every night where a team scores 10+ runs on like 15 hits? I never seemed to get those at all. Now I do. Not every game mind you, this isn't Slugfest, but the pitching...actualy the defense was too fast. Also I've lowered the pitch speed which allows the Human player to be more patient...and be rewarded for it. Great pitchers will stil be great, however you should now be able to have games where you put up some major offensive numbers...the CPU should too. Not every game should be filled with web gems, just here and there. This just take a lot of the frustration out from playing on All-Star, at least I hope so any way.

Quote:
Jistics All-Star Level Sliders V.3

Game Options
Fielding: Manual
Strike Zone: Off
Hot/Cold Zones: Fade
Pitch Cursor: Off
Hitters Eye: On
Catch Circle Assist: On
Variable Strike Zone, 'Stuff', and Blown Calls: On
Vibration: On if you use no cursor/OFF if you use 'Fade' with cursor. ( I prefer On with no cursor)

Gameplay Tuning
User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -37
Pitch Speed: -15
CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 11
User Pitcher Fatigue: -17
CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 6
User Pitch Control: -50
CPU Pitch Control: -50
Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0
Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0
User Batting Contact: 40
CPU Batting Contact: -11
User Batting Power: 20
CPU Batting Power: -19
User Bunting Ability: 0
CPU Bunting Ability: -14
User Foul Ball Frequency: 50
CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50
CPU Swing Frequency: -33
User OF Speed (Manual): 2
CPU OF Speed: -11
User IF Speed (Manual): -4
CPU IF Speed: -13
User Throw Speed: 3
CPU Throw Speed: -8
User Throw Accuracy: 0
CPU Throw Accuracy: -23
User Catch Errors: 15
CPU Catch Errors: 40
User Dive Difficulty: 0
CPU Catch Effort: -15
User Baserunning Speed: 4
CPU Baserunning Speed: -1
User Runner Aggression: 0
CPU Runner Aggression: -10
User Runner Steal Speed: 4
CPU Runner Steal Speed: -8
User Runner Steal Delay: -8
CPU Runner Steal Delay: 5
CPU Steal Rate: 5
Runner Injury Frequency: 0
Pitcher Injury Frequency: 0
Batter Injury Frequency: 0
Fielder Injury Frequency: 0
Pitching MG Difference: 0

Hey thanks for all your work, I've been playing using Pareds and it was kind of frustrating for me as i am not a patient hitter and swing darn nearly at everything in some games, But I used your sliders above in a game Cardinals Mulder vs Mets Martinez, but it was arcade like, no disrespect but I had 15 runs on 17 hits in the 5th inning I knocked Mulder out of the box in the first with 6 runs. Pedro gave up 3 runs and 7 hits by the 5th as well. What I did do after that was just cut everyone of your sliders in Half using the same two pitchers and found I got more realistic results, 3-1 game with me having about 7 hits and computer having 6. I think maybe its just time for me to move up to MVP level? I'm going to try your originals again today, I did have a couple of beers in me last night when i roughed up the computer maybe like steroids they help my hitting LOL. Thanks again for your sliders tho, I'm trying out everyones until I can come to a happy medium
Old 07-08-2005, 12:34 PM   #357
Rookie

Just a suggestion: If things seem too easy, try the sliders with the hitters eye off. IMO it's unrealistic to be tipped off when a changeup is coming (the whole idea of a change is it looks like a fastball based on arm speed and delivery) It makes hitting too easy. I find turning off the eye levels the playing field a bit and results in very realistic box scores
Old 07-10-2005, 01:40 PM   #358
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Should bullpen fatigue rate and grace be raised?
Old 07-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #359
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Should bullpen fatigue rate and grace be raised?
Feel free to use what works best for you. I haven't found anything useful with that.

Old 07-10-2005, 09:20 PM   #360
MVP

OVR: 13

I do not know if anybody has noticed this, but when using you're sliders Jistic, there is a problem with the amount of balls and strikes thrown by the pitcher. I tested this in three straight games using the Mets and the computer using the Twins with Santana. If I just put the controller on the floor and let Santana pitch he will walk at least two batters an inning. The batters he strikes out go to 3-2, 2-2 counts before they go down. Should the ball rate be lowered to maybe nine or should the computer ball control be raised to -45 or higher? Any input would be greatly appreciated by those who have used these sliders or made them (Jistic).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »