Home

Domination Mode tips

This is a discussion on Domination Mode tips within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #33
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Domination Mode tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
That's a good lineup, I would suggest you put your defense to protect the paint and set defensive settings to tight on joe johnson and the sf.

It'll be easier to space the floor with 4in1out settings and run pnr through bosh or cousins. Just keep doing it with whoever is easier and you can get most of your points this way in domination. I pretty much only pnr with faried, and if the cpu defends it well than I pnr with kevin love. Giannis and Jordan are just for fast break purposes.

Maybe your playing too hard on defense with curry, you just need to stay in front of jack and use the r stick to defend. The cpu does take advantage if you reach often and don't get the steal. Hopefully this helps a bit.
Great, thanks for your help.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:19 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 7

I have never played Domination mode, so I have a couple of questions. How exactly does it work? Do you have to play 3 games against all of the teams in order to get the 99 stars?
Old 10-02-2015, 04:47 PM   #35
Rookie

It took me until the Rockets game but got over a 1000 Mt finally. If you like to fast break pick up kyrie if you have the MT. The 2 games since I pulled him from a domination pack I have had huge scores.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151002_133514.jpg (567.3 KB, 172 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 05:23 PM   #36
Just started!

I'm new to myteam. Is there a way to play against someone random 5 v 5 online with my MyTeam? I mean just a pickup game using our squads. I know you can against friends but what about a random?
Old 10-02-2015, 05:51 PM   #37
Rookie

I still do the assist + post fadeaway cheese in the later domination games. It works if you have a good post player with high post fade. I use Love and have Bosh off the bench. They work about 70% of the time. Just need to get past 70 points a game and finish the game with about 450 points and you should be good, in theory.

Get at least 10 foul shots, that way you can get the foul shot points. Run fast break whenever possible. If not possible, set up your offense and run a quick post up play and go for the assist + fadeaway cheese.

Domination is a lot more forgiving this year in letting u play your own style, but in the later rounds, at least 65% of your shots should be the fadeaway cheese to ensure you get at least 450 MT points.

Assist + fadeaway cheese (if on ps4)

Press the left arrow button then choose Quick Post Up option
Wait until your player is in position on the block
Pass to him
Immediatly go for a fadeaway shot to ensure you get the assist as well.
???
Profit
Old 10-02-2015, 05:57 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegetableLasagna
I've come to the conclusion that you have to at least get 70 points in order to get enough stars. That's usually my barometer. Was the same for last year too. Every time i score 70 or more points, I usually end up with enough Mt to get three stars.
By the middle of the game, yeah...but in first third to half, scoring less is fine if you're scoring the right way. I've been having a tough time and just beat the Jazz and the team after them last night. Can get over 600MT even if scoring in the low 50s. I've been trying to make sure I make 100MT per quarter to ensure I get 3 Stars (just in case my 3P% and FT% are terrible).

With constant updates of MT in-game, now, it's way easier to know where you are. Last year, I used the "Score at least 70" benchmark too, but now I'm benchmarking by MT earned per quarter...and I guess I'll just scale that target up as the MT requirements get higher...
Old 10-02-2015, 08:48 PM   #39
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrett
I have never played Domination mode, so I have a couple of questions. How exactly does it work? Do you have to play 3 games against all of the teams in order to get the 99 stars?
No, you have to win and reach a certain number of MT to get 1-3 stars, with the requirement for 3 being slightly more difficult than the requirement for 1.So in theory you could beat Domination in 33 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King3pt
I'm new to myteam. Is there a way to play against someone random 5 v 5 online with my MyTeam? I mean just a pickup game using our squads. I know you can against friends but what about a random?
I wish there was, but there isn't, unfortunately.

On topic: L2 cheese is the easiest way to get lots of MT this year. You wanna tap L2 before shooting from anywhere in the paint, this gives you an extra 5 MT for post move score. That works even on fastbreaks. I'm running a 3-2 extended with Aldridge and DeAndre. Just PnR it with either of those guys and let them go to work. LMA is fantastic because he's a great shooter with a quick release, I obviously have him pop most of the time while DJ is the roll man. Even if I have an open lob to DeAndre I just pass it to him and tap L2 for the extra 5 points. Also helps me getting the 10 FTs easily, which is something I otherwise struggle with.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:01 PM   #40
MVP

The last few historic games are tough, the challenge is to get the CPU to play at a fast pace without giving up uncontested dunks and layups. I recommend half-court trap defense (which actually plays like full-court trap because it's broken). You want to control your C and just patrol the paint while your teammates double team. The CPU usually looks for someone in the paint or cutting to the paint. So just guard the basket and go for blocks and rebounds. I also like to bait the pass, give the other big a little room so the CPU makes the pass ASAP.

The last historic game I got a duplicate Billups which I accidently quick sold. :/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »