Home

Scripted momentum/equalizer cheese

This is a discussion on Scripted momentum/equalizer cheese within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 03:50 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Scripted momentum/equalizer cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
2k will always deny it. They know what the repercussions would be if they said otherwise. They want everyone to enjoy the game (causal and hardcore gamers). Too many good players winning all the time will bring in complaints from the less skilled players and less people will buy the game, thus resulting in less revenue for 2k. They need to create tiers or special tournaments for RTTP since after you finish the 1st seed you have to go through the cheese fest all over again to play it again. They need to be upfront about the clutch factor but to do that they would have to provide another alternative for hardcore gamers. And considering how 2k can be at times, getting new content is something I wouldn't hold my breath on lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and let me be clear....20 point runs happen irl...but I am talking about when one player is playing smart and the other is playing dumb. when there is a huge disparity in skill level, the lesser skilled should be dispatched of rather than being bailed out...which sometimes can cost the smart player the game if he loses his cool and goes into rage mode.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:13 PM   #18
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
and let me be clear....20 point runs happen irl...but I am talking about when one player is playing smart and the other is playing dumb. when there is a huge disparity in skill level, the lesser skilled should be dispatched of rather than being bailed out...which sometimes can cost the smart player the game if he loses his cool and goes into rage mode.

Agreed. I've lost some games going through this as well. I play smart all the time except when I'm furious with the dumb plays my opponents complete. Contested threes, dunks and lay ups over OBVIOUS mismatches and multiple players. Don't even let me start with the crazy success of long range bombs in this game. I played one guy who hit 3 3s in a row contested with gold paul George while down 14 in the 4th quarter. I won but that is unrealistic. If he was unguarded and had limitless range, deadeye, and pg does have the closer badge then I would understand. But over Clyde drexler with the perimeter lockdown defender badge, c'mon 2k.

Old 01-11-2016, 04:43 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
Agreed. I've lost some games going through this as well. I play smart all the time except when I'm furious with the dumb plays my opponents complete. Contested threes, dunks and lay ups over OBVIOUS mismatches and multiple players. Don't even let me start with the crazy success of long range bombs in this game. I played one guy who hit 3 3s in a row contested with gold paul George while down 14 in the 4th quarter. I won but that is unrealistic. If he was unguarded and had limitless range, deadeye, and pg does have the closer badge then I would understand. But over Clyde drexler with the perimeter lockdown defender badge, c'mon 2k.

what I noticed is, they will let them go on a run and come all the way back, then switch momentum back sometimes and then we can take it on out. almost as if to say "ok, we gave them their run to keep them interested and now its back to skill vs skill" what we want to know is why you let em get that b.s. off in the first place? they dont even know how to play defense....sprinting towards the shooter and jumping all over the place. you can really see sliders change during the game. God like reaction and recovery time is such a joke.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:57 PM   #20
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

It is and not sim at all. I use to be a play now, mycareer and online league kind of guy. I had to learn how to call plays and execute them since I played in sim leagues. Even play now requires smart play since not every player is gifted with talent like the myteam rosters I use and see. Playing basketball in high school helped as well but considering weak players (turbo abusers, 3pt chuckers, and other game exploits) have a chance to keep up with me is asinine. What I really hate, is when I'm guarding someone manually and my player falls for the pump fake which always turns out to be a shooting foul. I understand some players are not good defenders but come on!! If I'm not contesting the shot and just staying in front of my man why does my player attempt to block??!! Maybe you guys could help with this but I find this frustrating

Old 01-11-2016, 06:07 PM   #21
Rookie

I think there's an easier explanation for those comeback runs. When you have a big and comfortable lead you get complacent and don't play as serious and as well as before. That's human nature, I'm sorry.

There are many games in which I kept playing serious and the lead just grew and grew with no comeback runs allowed to the opponents.

Now you can say, "in some games this script gets activated and in some games it doesn't"... But that would just be silly, compared to the much simpler explanation above.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:36 PM   #22
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPower2k
I think there's an easier explanation for those comeback runs. When you have a big and comfortable lead you get complacent and don't play as serious and as well as before. That's human nature, I'm sorry.

There are many games in which I kept playing serious and the lead just grew and grew with no comeback runs allowed to the opponents.

Now you can say, "in some games this script gets activated and in some games it doesn't"... But that would just be silly, compared to the much simpler explanation above.
Man you must have a different game or play MT since a week. I played tons of PON as well and its not there. I won RTTP several times and had like 3 games out of 100 where it was a blowout and always the momentum swing was clearly there. We are not talking about simple runs. We are talking unskilled players drive and make contested layups with 3 defenders jumping. And 1.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 01-11-2016, 06:39 PM   #23
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Just 3 examples. RTTP in a nutshell:

http://youtu.be/4m3Bu8PSWiE

http://youtu.be/JfGLeND-qAY

http://youtu.be/dSYIsNJ5oOM
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 01-11-2016, 06:55 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPower2k
absolutely not. I have played with the same level of intensity from beginning to end. I dont start just throwing lobs for the hell of it or jacking up contested 3's. but there is always someone here who will blame it on something else when we are telling you what we see and our eyes and minds arent playing tricks on us. when that guy was coming back on me when he was 20 down, you think I was trying to lose??? I am calling time outs, making defensive adjustments, blah, blah. the shots they make are ridiculous, meanwhile I am bricking on wide open shots. I know how to combat it though.....I only use players I know have easiest release. I try to get inside shots but its becomes too hard to get passes off. the worst thing I hate is after playing a perfect 3 quarters my men will start losing the ball for no apparent reason whatsoever.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »