Home

Scripted momentum/equalizer cheese

This is a discussion on Scripted momentum/equalizer cheese within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 09:12 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Scripted momentum/equalizer cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
You're not listening man. Im not talking about simple momentum and "now and then". And lmao @"blame things for their problems". Tell me smthg about human nature . If you had been here last year you would know i've always denied some scripted comeback/equalizer for some of the reasons you mentioned. Its definetely something else this year, but lets just disagree on that bud. I knew some dude would use this opportunity for useless polemic like "just play better, blah".
this is where he gets things twisted when he says a player who is losing starts playing better and therefore makes a run. we are not talking about that. thats realistic. I just played a game a few moments ago, and the game was close for a good portion and the other person was playing very well and controlled. then I start to pull away and as I widen the gap, the player (just like numerous others I play against) goes into rage mode and starts playing absolutely dumb just jacking up contested off balance 30 footers with my guy smothering him. he did this 3x in a row....but he made one of them. IRL if someone did that, they'd be benched, moreover that is a recipe to get blown out for sure. in a real game, you dont start chucking shots from 30' with hand in your face when you are down by 10 points with 2 min left in the 4th quarter. what is infuriating is when people are REWARDED for playing dumb.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:19 AM   #34
Rookie

"it seems as if you have conditioned your mind to believe it doesnt exist"

Hmm, actually this is what I am talking about, with one minor difference that's bolded in the sentence... You guys seem to be conditioned to believe there is some come back engine built inside the game and it makes your opponent who is far behind, make impossible plays to catch up with you.

Honestly, I don't see it in my games. So I guess I'm a privileged customer... or there is a more simple explanation.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:25 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPower2k
"it seems as if you have conditioned your mind to believe it doesnt exist"

Hmm, actually this is what I am talking about, with one minor difference that's bolded in the sentence... You guys seem to be conditioned to believe there is some come back engine built inside the game and it makes your opponent who is far behind, make impossible plays to catch up with you.

Honestly, I don't see it in my games. So I guess I'm a privileged customer... or there is a more simple explanation.
forget everything we said and answer this question....

has your playing experience for the most part been thoroughly realistic and sim-like?

mine hasnt. I see way too much stuff that just doesnt happen in a league where you have the best players in the world in. the only thing I am pointing out is that I can tell exactly when these things will happen and to what degree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 09:38 AM   #36
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

I remember in the old NBA Live games there used to be an option called "Keep Scores Close" that you could toggle on and off, which would basically cause you to miss easier shots etc. the higher you got up.

Pretty sure it's in this game too to artificially level the playing field as it's pretty much always easier to hit contested 3 pointers etc when you are losing by 10 than up by 10.

To deny that something like this exists when you can literally see it happening over and over again is asinine.

This only applies to Allstar difficulty and above btw

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2016, 09:38 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
this is where he gets things twisted when he says a player who is losing starts playing better and therefore makes a run. we are not talking about that. thats realistic. I just played a game a few moments ago, and the game was close for a good portion and the other person was playing very well and controlled. then I start to pull away and as I widen the gap, the player (just like numerous others I play against) goes into rage mode and starts playing absolutely dumb just jacking up contested off balance 30 footers with my guy smothering him. he did this 3x in a row....but he made one of them. IRL if someone did that, they'd be benched, moreover that is a recipe to get blown out for sure. in a real game, you dont start chucking shots from 30' with hand in your face when you are down by 10 points with 2 min left in the 4th quarter. what is infuriating is when people are REWARDED for playing dumb.
What makes you decide that it's a secret come back engine's doing?

People can take off balance 30 footers with your guy smothering him and hit it once in a while, even when they are ahead.

Quote:
forget everything we said and answer this question....

has your playing experience for the most part been thoroughly realistic and sim-like?

mine hasnt. I see way too much stuff that just doesnt happen in a league where you have the best players in the world in. the only thing I am pointing out is that I can tell exactly when these things will happen and to what degree.
Not sure if this discussion have anything to do with sim basketball or realism. I think the game is better and more rewarding than it's ever been. (Playing the game seriously only since 2k10).

Some might argue that a come back engine would make it more realistic, too.

I'm not saying this game is perfect. I just don't think a come back engine exists and is affecting our games.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:53 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPower2k
What makes you decide that it's a secret come back engine's doing?

People can take off balance 30 footers with your guy smothering him and hit it once in a while, even when they are ahead.

Not sure if this discussion have anything to do with sim basketball or realism. I think the game is better and more rewarding than it's ever been. (Playing the game seriously only since 2k10).

Some might argue that a come back engine would make it more realistic, too.

I'm not saying this game is perfect. I just don't think a come back engine exists and is affecting our games.
30' falling away with hand in face "once in a while" yeah. not every freaking game. it happens every game where there is wide lead. and I have benefited from it, so I am not saying the game is only against me. the thing is, it happens to me less because I am usually the one up and not down.

I already told you that I think Comeback Engines in sports games are NECESSARY. I just dont think 2k knows how to implement this without being cheesy. By not having a Comeback Engine, you alienate the casual player who is not very skilled. By rewarding someone for stupid/unrealistic play while penalizing someone for smart/controlled play alienates the sim community. as Chillipalmer says, it may be best to have some separation in these modes when it comes to skill level. Also, btw....last year in RTTP people were playing on different difficulty levels then their opponents. Do you deny this as well?
Old 01-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Also, btw....last year in RTTP people were playing on different difficulty levels then their opponents. Do you deny this as well?
I'm not 100% sure about it. But yeah, it felt like weaker line ups (probably from lower seeds) had easier time making contact lay ups or contested 3s at times in 2k15 (not only when they were behind though).

Oh btw, in the recent few weeks, contested shots are falling like rain. Especially in park almost every single game guys make deep 3s in my face despite a full green contest bar. But again, this happens to everyone, not just when you're behind.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:19 AM   #40
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

It becomes borderline panda trolling now, but you know what. Any1 who denies it can play me and i will record and stream the game. Just DM me for psn.

In other news Russel Westbrick dunked not over 3 but 4 defenders last night as i half court trapped PLUS manually quadruppled on the drive.
Of course you can use these mechanics for own runs as well, just drive and draw the foul if you behind, no matter how many defenders contest. This has also to do with too many foul calls on drioves in traffic which should be toned down in general. When playing PNO these kinda things wont happen tho. I would say PNO is 90 % skill, while MT is about 50%.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »