Home

2k deciding who wins at tip off

This is a discussion on 2k deciding who wins at tip off within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2016, 05:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
2k deciding who wins at tip off

Hi Guys,

Let me preface this by saying that I've thought about posting this and I'm not just doing it as an angry reaction. I currently have a record of 30-17 in MTO for what it's worth.

It's been terrible every year, but this year puts the absolute icing on the cake. I'm sorry, but I'm saying it: 2K is absolutely 100% fixing games.

I went 17-0 to start off this year and got to the Ruby league. All of sudden the same plays, the same players etc were just absolutely broken. Started shooting 30% every game and missing wide open layups, shooting around 10% every game from 3 with Steph Curry on all wide open shots etc...

Fine. I'd had a good start and chalked it up to my luck running out or a rise in difficulty. Possibly even the fact that the competition has got better.

But then I get demoted back to the Sapphire league. Now suddenly the same league that I went 6-0 on last time I can barely struggle to even stay in. Start the seed over, same result.

Since my unbeaten run my record has been 13-17. This might not seem so atrocious, but I've been accurately able to predict every win and loss within 10 mins of the game starting. Literally from the end of the 1st quarter I can see it.

I'm missing wide open layups. Opponent comes down and hits a contested shot. I miss a wide open almost perfect release mid range with a 90 rating shooter. Miss. Opponent comes down and hits a contested three.

It might sound salty but this is a fact: Only about 2 or so opponents in 17 losses have outplayed me. Everyone else has literally benefited from 2k's algorithm. And I'm not too proud to say I've benefitted too. Some games I've just been unable to miss no matter how terrible I play. Meanwhile my opponent is setting up good wide open shots and beating me on great plays and missing shots that don't deserve to miss.

I have factored in stamina, momentum, badges etc into this. This is an honest recap of what is actually happening.

I know others are seeing this too. Some people will lie to themselves and pretend it's something else, but deep down almost everyone who plays MTO knows this is happening.

This is by far the most obvious year of rubber band cheese, game fixing etc. It's ridiculous.

I think it's time someone at 2K just admits that this is happening now. Games are not balanced.

If you are chosen to win, you will almost certainly win. If you are chosen to lose, nothing you try to do will save you this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2016, 05:31 PM   #2
Pro

Re: 2k deciding who wins at tip off

Agreed. 2k lets you be happy for a while then they try to make you buy packs by inducing rage. Anger makes people do crazy things like spend real money on a game they already paid $60 for. 2k should just make the game free to play. Then those of us who spent $60 on the game couldn't say anything because we didn't pay for the game.

So you won you're last 17 straight?

Last edited by sk8board; 11-30-2016 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:25 PM   #3
Banned

I have a 90-20 record in mto. Does 2k decide that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2016, 07:00 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I dunno about that bro. I got all diamond lineup and thought so soo BUT................i got to amythest league doing back down cheese and had no issues....diamond league wasn't working at all...got bumped to amythest and ruby also stopped working.. I change my startegy and run more plays now, back to diamond league now blowing people away. Im convinced that once you get to high tier leagues and get bumped down, your difficulty level remains but thats about it.

As you move up in ranks difficulty goes up, which means those hook shots or drop steps you used to make will go in a lot less......even shooting is lowered, period. You think its bad in Ruby, wait till you get to diamond...It is what it is, just gotta adjust but its not pre determined from tip off. NOw, is there equalizer? Absolutely!!!!! Normally starts like crazy in 3rd quater. You can somewhat stop it by calling time outs but you don't get an L at tip off and there is nothing you can do. I had a game go into double OT last night....dude was really good, i was down by 8 in the 3rd quarter and it was such an even game i didn't think i was gonna catch up. He was good on D too. Ended up being up by 4 at the beginning of 4th and then we went to 2 Ots. I lost on the last shot by Ewing. My point is, there is definitely equalizer where you get blocked none stop loose the ball and miss dunks. Gotta play through that by calling timeouts and controlling the pace of the game . It is what it is...its not going away. What helped me when i was in the similar situation as you is try to switch up your offense where you run 2 or 3 free lance offenses since if you call same plays over and over cpu adjusts/they stop working to stop same play spam cheese.

Last edited by Yukk; 11-30-2016 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:36 PM   #5
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Come on now, you don't really believe this do you? I definitely believe there's a momentum system in the game but 2K deciding who wins at tip-off? Nah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2016, 07:41 PM   #6
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Like Westbrook said, there is momentum in the game but the winner is not decided by 2k.

I have about 300 wins and only 70 losses in MTO. Managing the momentum of the game with timeouts is extremely crucial.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 11-30-2016, 07:56 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Like Westbrook said, there is momentum in the game but the winner is not decided by 2k.

I have about 300 wins and only 70 losses in MTO. Managing the momentum of the game with timeouts is extremely crucial.
agreed although it does play a significant factor especially if you don't know how to manage it. I just wish we'd get our match ups based on league only, I want to use my good cards, but it is too much easier to rack up wins with emeralds/sapphires
Old 12-01-2016, 08:02 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Come on now, you don't really believe this do you? I definitely believe there's a momentum system in the game but 2K deciding who wins at tip-off? Nah.
I honestly believe, as I and countless others have noticed this year and last, that some games are 100% set for one person to win. I also believe that if you don't purchase packs (like me, I never have) that 2K punishes you for this and makes it nearly impossible for you to advance past a certain stage.

Again, I'm talking as someone who has a decent winning record so I have no reason to lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopfor206
I have a 90-20 record in mto. Does 2k decide that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well I had a 100% winning record and now hold a 65% winning record, so I'm not just a scrub saying this...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »