Home

Stock/Malone

This is a discussion on Stock/Malone within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2016, 08:43 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Stock/Malone

I couldn't find the post(er) that advised me to run this pair.

Thank you. Yes. They MAKE you want to play fundamental patient ball.

Stockton is just spectacular. Everything else about him makes up for his height. I love his nice fast shot too.

Malone is Karl. A truck. A truck with a nice midrange. I put Rim Protector on him. His speed isn't really an issue. If someone is playing a stretch, get his truck *** back as fast as you can. He'll beat them up once the offense is set. I just shut down a Wallbrooker with Hak and Mailman front court. It takes an adjustment if you are used to speed at the 4. Again.....everything else about him makes up for it.

Really wish these 2 were a DD....but they play stellar together either way.

Thank you again. Fwiw..I started Stock over Magic, and Malone over LJ/Lucas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161221_202820.jpg (336.2 KB, 130 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2016, 09:20 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Stock/Malone

How are you running your offense with an old-school frontcourt of Malone and Hakeem, neither of which are fast for their position, and neither of which can shoot threes?

I'm not saying it cannot work, mind you. I'm just wondering what you're doing on offense to make it more effective for you. I've experimented with a frontcourt with only midrange shooting, at most, with 3-2, Flow, Horns, Triangle, etc. and it can work, but I'm always curious what others are doing.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:29 PM   #3
Pro

It was me. You're welcome. And yes, they are so damn good!!
Old 12-21-2016, 09:33 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
How are you running your offense with an old-school frontcourt of Malone and Hakeem, neither of which are fast for their position, and neither of which can shoot threes?

I'm not saying it cannot work, mind you. I'm just wondering what you're doing on offense to make it more effective for you. I've experimented with a frontcourt with only midrange shooting, at most, with 3-2, Flow, Horns, Triangle, etc. and it can work, but I'm always curious what others are doing.
Nothing. Pace motion. I call manual stuff for Mailman
Old 12-21-2016, 09:51 PM   #5
Banned

Karl Malone plays like he played in the 80s. Just a bully with a mid range. His cards underrated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2016, 09:51 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
Nothing. Pace motion. I call manual stuff for Mailman
So you run Pace Motion Cuts and call for manual P&R with Malone? Doesn't that then typically send Hakeem into a corner, from which his defender can then cheat off of him to help with the Stockton/Malone P&R, making it a 3 on 2 game for the defense?

I do a lot of 4- or 5- out high P&R with either Josh Smith or Ben Wallace at 4, but when my 5 is Sabonis and he can drain open corner threes at a ~50% clip, and so cannot be left open.

But I'm curious about what to do when I have Hakeem in at 5 and I'm using someone like Malone at 4, or even AD or someone else who isn't a knockdown 3-point shooter.

Especially if I'm running a PG who isn't a knockdown shooter from outside (or even elite at midrange).
Old 12-22-2016, 03:08 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
So you run Pace Motion Cuts and call for manual P&R with Malone? Doesn't that then typically send Hakeem into a corner, from which his defender can then cheat off of him to help with the Stockton/Malone P&R, making it a 3 on 2 game for the defense?

I do a lot of 4- or 5- out high P&R with either Josh Smith or Ben Wallace at 4, but when my 5 is Sabonis and he can drain open corner threes at a ~50% clip, and so cannot be left open.

But I'm curious about what to do when I have Hakeem in at 5 and I'm using someone like Malone at 4, or even AD or someone else who isn't a knockdown 3-point shooter.

Especially if I'm running a PG who isn't a knockdown shooter from outside (or even elite at midrange).
I use Stockton and Malone running in a basic 3 out 2 in freelance. I keep Stockton and Malone on the same side of the court and work a 2 man game. Feed the post and the freelance with cut Stockton to the basket in its own. Or kick it back out and call a manual pnr. The times I run pnr plays are usually for my wing players like pnr wing plays with king. When doing pnr with pg I prefer manual calls.

I disagree with using 2 bigs in a pace. Like you said, if you run pace or any 4 out and call a pnr for your 4 you get your 5 in the corner.. I prefer my 5 to stay down low to get offensive rebounds or to be open for a pass and dunk. Often if get Malone open on a roll to the basket the defender covering my 5 comes to help.. So I kick it to Malone then kick it to shaq for a dunk. Malone has good playmaking for a big too so his passing game is pretty solid.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:05 AM   #8
Rookie

Looking forward to trying this stockton and malone combo. Stockton looks like he could be fun

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »