Home

NBA 2K16: Ratings/Tendencies Discoveries Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Ratings/Tendencies Discoveries Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2015, 12:42 AM   #73
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K16: Ratings/Tendencies Discoveries Thread

Just a heads up, the 'Offensive Focus' POE (Get to the Basket, Get Shooters Open etc.) does not affect sim stats whatsoever.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:36 PM   #74
Banned

ballin91's Arena

OVR: 0

i need help guys. is there any ratio of shot tendencies (under freelance) to field goal attempts? i noticed that a 60 shot tendency gives a player 9-11 attempts in a game...
Old 10-16-2015, 09:55 PM   #75
Banned

ballin91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Just a heads up, the 'Offensive Focus' POE (Get to the Basket, Get Shooters Open etc.) does not affect sim stats whatsoever.
thanks for your info on the patient offense man!!! it really helped me a lot. i used to see in my simcast that each team averages 90+ already at the end of the 3rd qtr... do you know if there are any ratio of shot tendencies (under freelance) to field goal attempts taken in a game? i noticed that a 60 shot tendency gives a player 9-11 attempts in a game... but i had kevin love a shot tendency of 78, lebron with 85, and the rest just 60...(kyrie injured), love just takes 10 attempts in a game...can you help me or any advice would be of help. thanks blufu!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 10:00 PM   #76
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin91
i need help guys. is there any ratio of shot tendencies (under freelance) to field goal attempts? i noticed that a 60 shot tendency gives a player 9-11 attempts in a game...
Are you talking about sim stats? Shot tendency is the primary determinant of FG attempts, but not the only one. Team POE, Draw Foul, Passing, they all factor in to a smaller extent. Oh, and remember to test these in terms of FGA per *possession* or per *minute* and not per game.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:10 PM   #77
Banned

ballin91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
Are you talking about sim stats? Shot tendency is the primary determinant of FG attempts, but not the only one. Team POE, Draw Foul, Passing, they all factor in to a smaller extent. Oh, and remember to test these in terms of FGA per *possession* or per *minute* and not per game.
thanks man! did you do a lot of editing in each players' shot tendencies (using the 2k base roster *cos there's no update yet) to get real life stats? i just started myleague and made my own simroster. im having difficulty because some players don't average the shot attempts they supposed to take.

i had my highest shot tendencies set with 90 such as durant, lebron, westbrook, harden. any player who averages at least 20ppg, their shot tendencies are at least an 80... for players who average 15ppg to less than 20ppg, shot tendencies set between 70-78... players who average 10ppg, i had their shot tendencies set at 58 below... any feedback is highly appreciated
Old 10-16-2015, 10:34 PM   #78
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
i noticed that a 60 shot tendency gives a player 9-11 attempts in a game... but i had kevin love a shot tendency of 78, lebron with 85, and the rest just 60...(kyrie injured), love just takes 10 attempts in a game.
Well I want to say first off, a 60 shot tendency doesn't guarantee any certain amount of field goal attempts.. as Sonic mentioned, team POE is another big factor as well. I don't have an actual 'formula' per se but I just have a general idea of how much I want someone to shoot compared to the rest of the team. Having the rest of the roster at 60 is a bit high. You'd need some lower shot takers like richard jefferson, delly, and thompson in the 40/50 range. Just keep tinkering with it. If a certain player isn't getting enough shots, reduce the rest of the players little by little until you like the results.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:32 PM   #79
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
i had my highest shot tendencies set with 90 such as durant, lebron, westbrook, harden. any player who averages at least 20ppg, their shot tendencies are at least an 80... for players who average 15ppg to less than 20ppg, shot tendencies set between 70-78... players who average 10ppg, i had their shot tendencies set at 58 below... any feedback is highly appreciated
If you're looking for shot tendencies, PPG is the wrong approach to take. What you want to look at is shots per possession and shooting fouls drawn per possession (remember that a drawn shooting foul is also a shot attempt). An easy approximation formula for drawn shooting fouls is to multiply free throw attempts by 0.60. Perfect example of why PPG doesn't work is Marreese Speights, the guy shot very often during his playing time last year, more than Steph, more than Klay, in fact only a small handful of players shot more often last season. Dennis Schroder is another good example. You can find what you need at basketball-reference.

I have shot tendencies generated but unfortunately I haven't had the chance to test with them yet. From what I've seen though, it is essential for all players to have these updated before starting a season, they are that far off. Especially the new classic teams which are the worst, 2008 McGrady is rated a 50(!) and a few of the role players from 01'Lakers like Mark Madsen are rated in the 90's.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:36 AM   #80
Banned

ballin91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Well I want to say first off, a 60 shot tendency doesn't guarantee any certain amount of field goal attempts.. as Sonic mentioned, team POE is another big factor as well. I don't have an actual 'formula' per se but I just have a general idea of how much I want someone to shoot compared to the rest of the team. Having the rest of the roster at 60 is a bit high. You'd need some lower shot takers like richard jefferson, delly, and thompson in the 40/50 range. Just keep tinkering with it. If a certain player isn't getting enough shots, reduce the rest of the players little by little until you like the results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
If you're looking for shot tendencies, PPG is the wrong approach to take. What you want to look at is shots per possession and shooting fouls drawn per possession (remember that a drawn shooting foul is also a shot attempt). An easy approximation formula for drawn shooting fouls is to multiply free throw attempts by 0.60. Perfect example of why PPG doesn't work is Marreese Speights, the guy shot very often during his playing time last year, more than Steph, more than Klay, in fact only a small handful of players shot more often last season. Dennis Schroder is another good example. You can find what you need at basketball-reference.

I have shot tendencies generated but unfortunately I haven't had the chance to test with them yet. From what I've seen though, it is essential for all players to have these updated before starting a season, they are that far off. Especially the new classic teams which are the worst, 2008 McGrady is rated a 50(!) and a few of the role players from 01'Lakers like Mark Madsen are rated in the 90's.
Thank you so much guys!!!!! This helped me a great deal!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »