Home

NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2018, 11:27 PM   #777
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
Didn't the Warriors PRIOR to adding Kevin Durant have the most blowouts of all time one of those seasons?

Sounds pretty par for the course lol
Yup and we predicted that with our ratings and such. Which led to A LOT of scrutiny in the threads lol. You all see what happened so trusting the process is all we ever asked.

Enjoy some basketball gentleman.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 03-18-2018, 11:35 PM   #778
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
Didn't the Warriors PRIOR to adding Kevin Durant have the most blowouts of all time one of those seasons?

Sounds pretty par for the course lol
Exactly. I dont want the Warriors and the Grizzlies or Suns in a close game (most of the time) just for the sake of it being a close game, because in reality it SHOULD be a blowout. This is the NBA regular season, not March Madness.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:43 AM   #779
Rookie

JR Ewingston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
JR- I am playing with the Warriors and was having trouble with huge blowouts like some in this thread. These changes were very helpful. I know ronyell prioritizes CPU vs CPU. But when playing USER vs CPU, I think increaing the CPU awareness and consistency are neccesary to make the CPU competitive. It is possible that I may even bump the CPU consistency and awareness slightly beyond what you have listed here.

Other than that, game is playing very well. Ronyell and team really outdid themselves this year.

Thanks!
Nice to hear.

Let me know about your changes and which specific positives come out if it for you.

Maby by PM because this seems not the right place for private slider discussions.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:22 AM   #780
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Ewingston
Nice to hear.

Let me know about your changes and which specific positives come out if it for you.

Maby by PM because this seems not the right place for private slider discussions.
The only extra suggestion that I'd make that I do personally in MY Myleague is something that most people would not do and honestly isn't totally necessary but very helpful if you're hardcore.

I go in and change team's gameplans to match how the actually play. For example I go to most teams that still have high IQ bigs and change their perimeter setting to switch on PNR and protect rim/sag for bigs, GS and HOU and set their gameplan to switch everything. For MIA I set theirs to force baseline and so on.

But you have to know each team AND be willing to reset these as often as the game may prompt you to due to injuries and such. I also go in for some of the more notable teams that have have had constant success OR have matched up with a team often in the playoffs and make individual edits to how they defend particular players.

This is tedious as **** and again most people aren't gonna do it but it really adds that extra layer of realism AND it opens up the floor in the right spots while semi-correcting th coding issue that prevents the CPU from anticipating and helping in the paint while sacrificing mid range shots (as oppose to threes).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 03-19-2018, 09:34 AM   #781
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Are you guys playing elite teams in these games? Because I've played 4 full 10 minute qt games against the CPU using top teams and I'm 1-3. I beat the Rockets once as the Raptors, but I've lost to the Raptors, Rockets, and Warriors in close games.

I'd also like to know are you guys cheesing the CPU? Like this roster and slider set is great but it can't fix legacy issues that have been in 2K for years like how awful P&R defense is, or how the CPU doubles anybody that scores in double digits.

I have blown out teams that don't have a legitimate star, but that's real life. Every team I've played against that has a legitimate star player t was a close game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 09:35 AM   #782
Rookie

The Knicks are soooooooo bad at defense in this roster... just like real life lmfao
Old 03-19-2018, 10:06 AM   #783
Rookie

the offensive rebounds are a bit excessive... guards on both my team and other the cpu team are straight grabbing rebounds over guys they shouldn't be doing that to on a regular basis... offensive rebounds were kinda already OP in the game anyway and it just seems like it's on steroids right now
Old 03-19-2018, 11:23 AM   #784
Rookie

anyone else having low ft games?? that and cpu timeouts are my only issues...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »