Home

NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2018, 11:33 AM   #785
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
The only extra suggestion that I'd make that I do personally in MY Myleague is something that most people would not do and honestly isn't totally necessary but very helpful if you're hardcore.

I go in and change team's gameplans to match how the actually play. For example I go to most teams that still have high IQ bigs and change their perimeter setting to switch on PNR and protect rim/sag for bigs, GS and HOU and set their gameplan to switch everything. For MIA I set theirs to force baseline and so on.

But you have to know each team AND be willing to reset these as often as the game may prompt you to due to injuries and such. I also go in for some of the more notable teams that have have had constant success OR have matched up with a team often in the playoffs and make individual edits to how they defend particular players.

This is tedious as **** and again most people aren't gonna do it but it really adds that extra layer of realism AND it opens up the floor in the right spots while semi-correcting th coding issue that prevents the CPU from anticipating and helping in the paint while sacrificing mid range shots (as oppose to threes).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I know you just put in a TON of work, so believe me, I would totally understand if you said no, but any chance we can get your personal edits? They sound fantastic!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 11:37 AM   #786
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonk_McNeeley
I know you just put in a TON of work, so believe me, I would totally understand if you said no, but any chance we can get your personal edits? They sound fantastic!
I'd have to see about that one chief. Still havent gotten to current day on my MyLeague yet as I make all records accurate AND i'm still working on draft classes so it'll be a while even if at all.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 03-19-2018, 11:52 AM   #787
Rookie

teknofilo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaboyAK
anyone else having low ft games?? that and cpu timeouts are my only issues...
Yes, I've set shot foul at 89 user and cpu
Old 03-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #788
Pro

Hey Simworld, could I get a little explanation as how Peak Starts work in this game? As far as I know (or I thought) that is the age in which a player will quit progressing, is this the case still or has it changed?
Old 03-19-2018, 04:12 PM   #789
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
Hey Simworld, could I get a little explanation as how Peak Starts work in this game? As far as I know (or I thought) that is the age in which a player will quit progressing, is this the case still or has it changed?
Peak start works similarly to how it did last year. One of the common misconceptions is that a player will reach their potential at the age that you set their peak start at. This isn't true though. The peak start simply represents when they will stop seeing a ratings increase towards their potential. The progression slider is more important in regards to how much they progress on a year to year basis.

So for example, if I draft a 22 year old 70 overall player with a 95 potential and a 25 year old peak start, there is a very good chance that the player won't get anywhere near that 95 overall. If you keep the progression slider at 50, he will probably max out around 80 or so and stay there until he reaches his peak end age. If you want to guarantee that that player reaches his potential, it is best to widen the gap between current age and peak start.

With all that being said... yes sir, you are right in your assumption. Hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:20 PM   #790
Rookie

theoriginal561's Arena

Ehhh so through 5 games of watching the Cavs play Kevin love is averaging 9.5 points per game... Wtf has anyone else had this issue and anyone know if a fix for it? Hell D Rose scoring 20plus a game. Overall game plays great I just can't fathom how to get Kevin love to score more.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #791
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Peak start works similarly to how it did last year. One of the common misconceptions is that a player will reach their potential at the age that you set their peak start at. This isn't true though. The peak start simply represents when they will stop seeing a ratings increase towards their potential. The progression slider is more important in regards to how much they progress on a year to year basis.

So for example, if I draft a 22 year old 70 overall player with a 95 potential and a 25 year old peak start, there is a very good chance that the player won't get anywhere near that 95 overall. If you keep the progression slider at 50, he will probably max out around 80 or so and stay there until he reaches his peak end age. If you want to guarantee that that player reaches his potential, it is best to widen the gap between current age and peak start.

With all that being said... yes sir, you are right in your assumption. Hope this helps.
I noticed that players still somewhat progress even once they pass that "peak start" age, is this common?

I ask just because on the google doc it has a "great" player peak start is 20 whereas a "subpar" players is 26 (for PGs). Is this maybe labeled incorrectly?

Third and hopefully final question, with your sliders how much progression do you typically see year to year before hitting the peak start? 2-3 OVR points per season on average?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #792
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
I noticed that players still somewhat progress even once they pass that "peak start" age, is this common?

I ask just because on the google doc it has a "great" player peak start is 20 whereas a "subpar" players is 26 (for PGs). Is this maybe labeled incorrectly?

Third and hopefully final question, with your sliders how much progression do you typically see year to year before hitting the peak start? 2-3 OVR points per season on average?
Most of the progression I have seen after peak start has been reached is a +1 every now and then. I also play/test with morale and chemistry at 0 so that may play a factor as well.

I'll let Ronyell speak to the Google Doc question since he knows much more about it than I do.

With the sliders that we have, the progression tends to be dependent on the amount of points that player his overall and potential. On average though, 2 to 3 points is what you can expect to see. If you are dealing with a player that has about 15 to 20 points between his overall and potential, you can expect to see a 3 - 5 point jump in the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »